This is Manuru. When his father died, 这是Manuru。当他父亲死的时候, his uncle trafficked him to work with him in the mines. 他的叔叔把他卖到自己在工作的这个矿场。 When his uncle died, Manuru inherited his uncle's debt,

发表于:2019-01-18 / 阅读(42) / 评论(0) 分类 TED演讲国际问题篇

Many have been tricked by false promises of a good education, a better job, 他们当中很多人都是被虚假承诺所骗轻信所谓好的教育机会、好的工作机会, only to find that they're forced to work without pay under the threat o

发表于:2019-01-18 / 阅读(21) / 评论(0) 分类 TED演讲国际问题篇

Under no circumstances were they to refuse any application whatsoever on the basis of whether someone had no arms, no legs they could still perhaps play a wind instrument if it was supported on a stand. 在任何情况下,他们都不能拒绝任何申

发表于:2019-01-18 / 阅读(34) / 评论(0) 分类 TED演讲国际问题篇

And so on. There is a little bit of a difference there that is worth just thinking about. 等等...但即便是有些许的不同,那也值得仔细想一想。 And I remember when I was 12 years old,and I started playing tympani and percussion, an

发表于:2019-01-18 / 阅读(38) / 评论(0) 分类 TED演讲国际问题篇

So, some of you most likely were here two years ago and saw the demo by Jeff Han, 你们当中有些人两年前在这里应该看过Jeff Han演示微软的Surface系统, or some of you may think, Well, doesn't this look like the Microsoft Surface

发表于:2019-01-18 / 阅读(27) / 评论(0) 分类 TED演讲教育篇

Over the past seven years, I've been following my fascination with the built environment, 在过去的七年里,我一直在追随着我对建筑环境的兴趣, and for those of you who know me, you would say that this obsession has led me to li

发表于:2019-01-18 / 阅读(25) / 评论(0) 分类 TED演讲娱乐篇

You flip a coin. Fifty percent risk. That's quite a lot. 这和掷硬币的几率一样。 50%的风险,不是一般的高。 If he instead would go to Hamburg, 如果他换而选择去汉堡, and to a clinic called the Martini-Klinik, 去一个叫

发表于:2019-01-18 / 阅读(63) / 评论(0) 分类 TED演讲娱乐篇

Mel Gibson's Passion Of The Christ not glamorous. Mel Gibson的耶稣受难记不属于这类范畴。 That's glamour: 这就是魅力。 that's Michelangelo's Pieta, where Mary is the same age as Jesus and they're both awfully happy and pleasant. 这是

发表于:2019-01-18 / 阅读(35) / 评论(0) 分类 TED演讲娱乐篇

I would just like to say as an African woman 我只是想说作为一个非洲女人 that I believe the diet that we need 我相信我们需要的饮食疗养 is really to remove the crazy belief 是拿走那种疯狂的相信 that there is anything

发表于:2019-01-18 / 阅读(26) / 评论(0) 分类 TED演讲娱乐篇

What are your top five favorite songs right now? 你现在最喜欢的五个歌曲是什么 All right, well first of all, I'mma say, 可以了,我们首先的,我在说, you know what I'm saying, I'm the only dude up here right now. 你知道我在

发表于:2019-01-18 / 阅读(30) / 评论(0) 分类 TED演讲娱乐篇

Who do we got? 我们得到了什么? Hi, um, okay, hi everybody. 嗨,姆,好吧,嗨,各位。 My name is Nereida. 我的名字是呐瑞达。 I just want to say first of all 首先我只想说 that dating is never boring under any circumst

发表于:2019-01-18 / 阅读(28) / 评论(0) 分类 TED演讲娱乐篇

Well one day, curiosity got the better of Pandora,and she did open the box. 终于有一天,好奇心战胜了潘多拉,她真的打开了盒子。 Out flew plagues, sorrows,and all sorts of evils against man. 飞出了瘟疫、悲伤,以及对人

发表于:2019-01-18 / 阅读(67) / 评论(0) 分类 TED演讲娱乐篇

We always hear that texting is a scourge. 人们总说短信的出现是一种灾难。 The idea is that texting spells the decline and fall of any kind of serious literacy, or at least writing ability, 这么说的原因是短信降低了人们的读写

发表于:2019-01-18 / 阅读(36) / 评论(0) 分类 TED演讲商业篇

We have to beat that. 我们必须克服它。 We can do it because in space there are no aerodynamics. 我们能够这样做是因为太空里没有空气阻力。 We can go and use inflatable systems for almost everything. 我们几乎总是能够使

发表于:2019-01-18 / 阅读(23) / 评论(0) 分类 TED演讲商业篇

What then of manned space exploration? 那载人的空间探索呢? The government recently announced plans to return to the moon by 2024. 美国政府最近宣布了2024重返月球的计划。 The successful conclusion of that mission will result

发表于:2019-01-18 / 阅读(25) / 评论(0) 分类 TED演讲商业篇

1917. This is the time when we all assume 1917年,这是我们都认为的 that everything somehow in terms of writing was perfect because the people on Downton Abbey are articulate,or something like that. 写文章没的说的时代,因为唐顿庄

发表于:2019-01-18 / 阅读(32) / 评论(0) 分类 TED演讲商业篇

I'm going to read a few strips. 我马上会朗读的一些连环漫画。 These are, most of these are from a monthly page I do in and architecture and design magazine called Metropolis. 它们中的很多都选自我每月刊登在一本关于建筑设

发表于:2019-01-18 / 阅读(25) / 评论(0) 分类 TED演讲商业篇

But why would a company even want to discourage salary discussions? 但是为什么公司会反对讨论薪资呢? Why do some people go along with it, while others revolt against it? 为什么一些人服从,而另一些人反对呢? It turns

发表于:2019-01-18 / 阅读(97) / 评论(0) 分类 TED演讲商业篇

That's why Dane's not alone. From technology start-ups like Buffer, to the tens of thousands of employees at Whole Foods, 这就是为什么像戴恩一样的人越来越多。从类似Buffer的初创科技公司,到Whole Foods这样的数万人的大

发表于:2019-01-18 / 阅读(66) / 评论(0) 分类 TED演讲商业篇

In between these low-paying retail jobs, I did what any normal teenager did in the 1990s. 在这些薪水低廉的销售工作中,我做了90年代每一个正常的青少年都会做的事。 I shoplifted. I'm just kidding. I hung out with my frie

发表于:2019-01-18 / 阅读(54) / 评论(0) 分类 TED演讲商业篇