The best four minutes of my entire life were those in the Olympic stadium. 我一生中最伟大的四分钟就在这奥林匹克体育馆中。 My husband is offended when I say this 我的爱人听我这么描述,觉得没有受到尊重, altho

发表于:2018-12-02 / 阅读(55) / 评论(0) 分类 TED演讲国际问题篇

It goes like this: 163 people across four separate tests. 比如这个:163个人进行4组不同测试。 Everyone wrote down their personal goal. 每个人写下他们各自的目标。 Then half of them announced their commitment to this goal to

发表于:2018-12-05 / 阅读(35) / 评论(0) 分类 TED演讲商业篇

Another world was opening up around this time: performance and dancing. 在这个时候,另一个世界出现了:那就是表演和舞蹈。 That nagging dread of self-hood didn't exist when I was dancing. 对于自我纠缠不清的恐惧,在我

发表于:2018-12-05 / 阅读(27) / 评论(0) 分类 TED演讲娱乐篇

By 19, I was a fully-fledged movie actor, but still searching for definition. 当我19岁时,我已经是一个羽翼丰满的电影演员,但却仍在寻找定义。 I applied to read anthropology at university. 我在大学里申请攻读人类学

发表于:2018-12-05 / 阅读(45) / 评论(0) 分类 TED演讲娱乐篇

And what really mattered to me-it wasn't only women in the corporate world,even though I did hear from a lot of them, and it did impact a lot of them,it was also people of all different circumstances. 对我来说真正重要的是 并不只是企业界

发表于:2018-12-08 / 阅读(34) / 评论(0) 分类 TED演讲商业篇

On November 5th, 1990, a man named El-Sayyid Nosair walked into a hotel in Manhattan and assassinated Rabbi Meir Kahane, the leader of the Jewish Defense League. 1990 年 11 月 5 日, 一位名叫埃尔塞伊德诺塞尔的男子,走入曼哈顿的

发表于:2018-12-08 / 阅读(33) / 评论(0) 分类 TED演讲娱乐篇

The oil produced from either method 藉由以上两种方式开采的原油 produces more greenhouse gas emissions than any other oil. 比以其他方式 开采的原油排放更多温室气体 This is one of the reasons why it's called 这正是它被

发表于:2018-12-08 / 阅读(53) / 评论(0) 分类 TED演讲娱乐篇

你的内心深处是否已按耐不住,想来一场TED演讲?那就顺着这部充满欢乐的音乐剧,来演讲吧。 这是由TED员工自编自导自演的,一封献给我们的演讲人的音乐情书。

发表于:2019-01-05 / 阅读(53) / 评论(0) 分类 TED公开课:会心一笑

And they tried everything they had. 住院后,医生尽其所能。 They tried the usual psychotherapy. 他们试了常规的心理疗法, They tried every medication available in those days. 也尝试了那个时候所有可能的药物。 And t

发表于:2019-03-04 / 阅读(99) / 评论(0) 分类 TED演讲教育篇

So they got very interested in producing convulsions, measured types of convulsions. 所以他们对诱发抽搐很感兴趣,控制抽搐的程度。 And they thought, Well, we've got electricity, we'll plug somebody into the wall. 他们认为,我

发表于:2019-03-04 / 阅读(73) / 评论(0) 分类 TED演讲教育篇

That was me in front of our house in Monson, Massachusetts last June. 那个就是我,在麻省的Monson,我们的房子前面, After an EF3 tornado ripped straight through our town and took parts of our roof off, 一股EF3级龙卷风袭击了这

发表于:2019-03-04 / 阅读(86) / 评论(0) 分类 TED演讲教育篇

Think about that one. Have you ever entered an argument thinking, 在参加辩论的时候,你有没有想过 Let's see if we can hash something out rather than fight it out. 让我们看看能不能共同敲定一些事情,而非由一方说服另

发表于:2019-03-04 / 阅读(69) / 评论(0) 分类 TED演讲教育篇

Well, my answer is going to make reference to three models for arguments. 好了,为了回答这个问题,让我们来参照三种不同的辩论方式。 The first model, let's call this the dialectical model, 第一种模式,让我们称之为辩

发表于:2019-03-04 / 阅读(100) / 评论(0) 分类 TED演讲教育篇

Let's just look at something like, you know, 我们不妨看一个具体的问题 solving problems with making airlines safer. 比如如何让飞行变得更加安全 Yeah, I'm a million-mile flyer. 没错,我自己就经常要坐飞机 I do lots a

发表于:2019-03-04 / 阅读(74) / 评论(0) 分类 TED演讲教育篇

Go figure. 想想看 But I got a little bad news for you folks. I got some bad news. 我这里也有些坏消息想对你们说,我有些坏消息 This isn't for the one in four. This is for the four in four. 比例不是四分之一,而是四分之

发表于:2019-03-04 / 阅读(60) / 评论(0) 分类 TED演讲教育篇

One in four people suffer from some sort of mental illness, 每四个人中就有一人患有某种精神疾病 so if it was one, two, three, four, it's you, sir. 如果说是一二三四,就是你了先生 You. Yeah. 对,是你。 With the weird

发表于:2019-03-04 / 阅读(90) / 评论(0) 分类 TED演讲教育篇

And I've always felt guilty about that. 我一直感到心虚, I've always felt that somehow I was an impostor 一直觉得自己有点像冒充的 because my readers don't know what I have just told you. 因为读者不知道我今天说的。 It'

发表于:2019-03-04 / 阅读(81) / 评论(0) 分类 TED演讲教育篇

And things got better and better, 状况变得越来越好, and within three or four months, 三四个月后, I was discharged from that hospital, and I joined a group of surgeons 我出院并加入外科医师团体 where I could work with other

发表于:2019-03-04 / 阅读(83) / 评论(0) 分类 TED演讲教育篇

These bacteria are not passive riders, these are incredibly important, they keep us alive. 这些细菌不是顺从的乘客,他们难以置信得重要,他们让我们活着。 They cover us in an invisible body armor that keeps environmental in

发表于:2019-03-04 / 阅读(91) / 评论(0) 分类 TED演讲教育篇

Second reason: it's been shown that if you speak two languages, dementia is less likely to set in, 第二个原因:有研究指出,同时讲两种语言的人更不容易痴呆, and that you are probably a better multitasker. 而且你可能更加

发表于:2019-03-13 / 阅读(175) / 评论(0) 分类 TED演讲科学篇