Which is correct: A dozen eggs is? Or A dozen eggs are? 哪个是正确的:a dozen eggs 'is' 还是 a dozen eggs 'are'? I remember being in elementary school, and my teachers making a big deal about the unit. 我记得上小学的时候,我们老

发表于:2019-01-17 / 阅读(50) / 评论(0) 分类 TED演讲教育篇

Now let's do a little quick math. 现在让我们迅速算一算。 If we compare a major cinematic film produced on a 2.35 to 1 aspect frame with my standard 4 to 3 TV screen, 比较一下2.35:1的银幕电影和4:3的标准电视屏幕, we fi

发表于:2019-01-17 / 阅读(37) / 评论(0) 分类 TED演讲教育篇

Guys, we have an issue. Growth is fading away, and it's a big deal. 各位,我们遇到问题了。经济增长逐渐放缓,这可是个大问题。 Our global economy stops growing. And it's not new. 全球经济停止增长。这已经不是什么

发表于:2019-01-18 / 阅读(28) / 评论(0) 分类 TED演讲国际问题篇

Well, I was born with a rare visual condition called achromatopsia, which is total color blindness, 我出生在一个色彩极少的世界,世界只有明暗之分,这叫做全色盲 so I've never seen color, 所以我不知道什么是颜色, a

发表于:2019-01-18 / 阅读(49) / 评论(0) 分类 TED演讲国际问题篇

Can you imagine? Now let's, we can see that's a traditional Native American. Now I just want to change that guy's race. 你能想象吗?现在,我们可以看到这是一位典型的美洲原住民。现在我想改变那家伙的种族。 Just i

发表于:2019-01-18 / 阅读(34) / 评论(0) 分类 TED演讲娱乐篇

They will share the information on how to improve. 他们会交流如何改善治疗效果的经验。 So it is, by measuring and creating transparency, 正是通过医疗效果量化和透明化, you get a cycle of continuous improvement, 我们进入

发表于:2019-01-18 / 阅读(66) / 评论(0) 分类 TED演讲娱乐篇

So no wonder that some of my old colleagues are frustrated. 怪不得我过去的同事们那么沮丧。 At BCG, we looked at this, 在BCG(波士顿咨询公司),我们分析了这个问题, and we asked ourselves, 我们问自己, this ca

发表于:2019-01-18 / 阅读(58) / 评论(0) 分类 TED演讲娱乐篇

This film shows the testing of a new explosive fill on a warhead. 这个短篇展现了一个新的爆炸性核弹头测试。 And the Air Armament Center at Eglin Air Force Base in Florida is responsible for the deployment and testing of all air-del

发表于:2019-01-18 / 阅读(45) / 评论(0) 分类 TED演讲娱乐篇

你相信图片可以改变世界吗?在摄影业刚发展起来的时候,其实图片就已经在人群中激起了波澜,也许这些波澜将是一次变革!

发表于:2019-01-18 / 阅读(28) / 评论(0) 分类 名人演讲视频

The tailings ponds are the largest toxic impoundments on the planet. 那些残渣池是世上最大的毒性蓄水池 Oil sands-r rather I should say tar sands-oil sands is a P.R.-created term, 油砂-或者我该称它为沥青砂-油砂是公关

发表于:2019-01-18 / 阅读(40) / 评论(0) 分类 TED演讲商业篇

If somebody from 1973 looked at what was on a dormitory message board in 1993, 如果一个1973年的人看着1993年一个学生宿舍信息栏, the slang would have changed a little bit since the era of Love Story, 俚语等习惯用语会跟爱情

发表于:2019-01-18 / 阅读(34) / 评论(0) 分类 TED演讲商业篇

The few surfaces not covered by signs are often clad in a distinctive, dark green-gray, striated aluminum siding. 这仅存的没有被商标遮盖的建筑,一般都被包裹在有特色的阴暗铝灰条纹的铝制外壁板之中。 Take-out san

发表于:2019-01-18 / 阅读(45) / 评论(0) 分类 TED演讲商业篇

There are things we say when we catch the eye of a stranger or a neighbor walking by. 当我们看到一个陌生人或者一个邻居走过的时候,我们会寒暄几句。 We say, Hello, how are you? It's a beautiful day. How do you feel? 我们会

发表于:2019-01-18 / 阅读(37) / 评论(0) 分类 TED演讲科学篇

About a year ago, I asked myself a question: Knowing what I know, why am I not a vegetarian? 大概在一年前左右,我问了我自己一个问题:我明明知道这些资讯,为什么我不是个素食者? After all, I'm one of the green g

发表于:2019-01-18 / 阅读(28) / 评论(0) 分类 TED演讲教育篇

How annoying would that be? Must try harder. 多么不可思议。你要努力学习。 Being sent to bed by his dad, you know, to Shakespeare, Go to bed, now! And put the pencil down. 你能想象他父亲边说边把他抱上床,现在该睡觉了,

发表于:2019-01-18 / 阅读(41) / 评论(0) 分类 TED演讲教育篇

Second insight. So far, until that point I had been mostly involved or used the language of design for promotional purposes, which was fine with me. 第二种体会:在那次长假之前,多数时候,我都使用设计语言帮助促销,那并没

发表于:2019-01-18 / 阅读(26) / 评论(0) 分类 TED演讲教育篇

I've been thinking a lot about the world recently and how it's changed over the last 20, 30, 40 years. 最近我常常思考我们的世界以及它在过去的20,30,40年里经历了何等的转变。 Twenty or 30 years ago, if a chicken caught

发表于:2019-02-13 / 阅读(35) / 评论(0) 分类 TED演讲国际问题篇

I'm a writer and a journalist, and I'm also an insanely curious person, 我是一个作家,一个新闻记者,我也是一位具有强烈求知欲的人, so in 22 years as a journalist, I've learned how to do a lot of new things. 所以在做新闻

发表于:2019-02-13 / 阅读(36) / 评论(0) 分类 TED演讲国际问题篇

Well, that's not exactly the story, because the problem was that Parliament delayed and delayed releasing that data, 呵呵,但我讲述的并不是很完整的故事。因为问题在于,议会不断地拖延公布这些信息, and then they t

发表于:2019-02-13 / 阅读(43) / 评论(0) 分类 TED演讲国际问题篇

A few local houses around a local square. 有一些房屋建在当地的一个广场上。 In the middle of the square, a great tree, an oak tree. 广场中央有一棵巨大的橡树。 And beside the oak tree, there was a well. 橡树旁边有一口井

发表于:2019-02-13 / 阅读(25) / 评论(0) 分类 TED演讲国际问题篇