Sunscreen comes in many forms, each with its own impacts on your body and the environment. 防晒霜有很多种,每种对你的身体和环境影响各有不同。 With so many options, how do you choose which sunscreen is best for you? 有了这么

发表于:2019-01-17 / 阅读(78) / 评论(0) 分类 TED演讲教育篇

Somewhere right now, people are lining up to scare themselves, maybe with a thrill ride or horror movie. 此时此刻,世界上的某个地方,人们正排着队的体验恐惧或许是刺激的游乐设施,或许是恐怖电影。 In fact, in

发表于:2019-01-17 / 阅读(28) / 评论(0) 分类 TED演讲教育篇

Speech patterns that deviated from the written rules were considered corruptions, or signs of low social status, 而那些偏离了书面语语法的口语则被认为是错误的,或者是社会地位低下的表现, and many people who had grow

发表于:2019-01-17 / 阅读(32) / 评论(0) 分类 TED演讲教育篇

You're telling a friend an amazing story, and you just get to the best part when suddenly he interrupts, 你正给朋友讲一个精彩的故事,刚讲到最精彩的部分时,他突然打断了你说: The alien and I, not Me and the alien. 应该

发表于:2019-01-17 / 阅读(35) / 评论(0) 分类 TED演讲教育篇

Maybe the body you perceive yourself to have isn't really there. 或许你感知到的自己的身体,其实并不存在。 Maybe all of reality, even its abstract concepts, like time, shape, color and number are false, all just deceptions concocte

发表于:2019-01-17 / 阅读(38) / 评论(0) 分类 TED演讲教育篇

If insects suddenly morphed into large beings, and decided to wage war on us, there's no doubt that humans would lose. 如果有一天,所有的昆虫突然都变大了并且要和我们开战,那我们人类必输无疑。 We'd simply be crushed

发表于:2019-01-17 / 阅读(38) / 评论(0) 分类 TED演讲教育篇

There's no limit to the number of times a person or organization can be nominated. 个人和组织没有被提名的次数限制。 In fact, Jane Addams, recognized as the founder of social work in the United States, 事实上,简亚当斯作为美国

发表于:2019-01-17 / 阅读(24) / 评论(0) 分类 TED演讲教育篇

These six companies produce nine out of every 10 movies you watch, 这六家公司制作了你所接触过的90%的电影, nine out of every 10 television shows, nine out of every 10 songs, nine out of every 10 books. 90%的电视节目,90%的歌曲

发表于:2019-01-18 / 阅读(42) / 评论(0) 分类 TED演讲国际问题篇

In 1932, the Bank of France asked the United States to convert their holdings from dollars into gold. 1932年时,法兰西银行向美国提出申请,希望把银行中的美元兑换成黄金。 But it was too inconvenient to think about actuall

发表于:2019-01-18 / 阅读(35) / 评论(0) 分类 TED演讲国际问题篇

I want to tell you about the future of money. 我今天的话题是关于货币的未来。 Let's start with a story about this culture that lived in Micronesia in the early 1900s, called the Yap. 我们先从一个20世纪早期的故事开始,这个

发表于:2019-01-18 / 阅读(43) / 评论(0) 分类 TED演讲国际问题篇

Now, this means the nine-to-five no longer works for anyone. 如今,这意味着朝九晚五的工作不再适合所有人。 Punch clocks are becoming obsolete, as are career ladders. 打卡和事业的阶梯已经过时了。 Whole industries are

I'm a journalist, so I like to look for the untold stories, the lives that quietly play out under the scream of headlines. 我是一名记者,因此我乐于探寻那些鲜为人知的故事,那些夸张头条背后的平静生活。 I've also be

发表于:2019-01-18 / 阅读(47) / 评论(0) 分类 TED演讲国际问题篇

Now, I could have taken to Twitter with the hashtag #WheresGamora, like millions of fans did across the world, 现在,我可以在Twitter上发#加美拉去哪儿了,就像世界各地成千上万的粉丝们一样。 but the truth was I wasn't

发表于:2019-01-18 / 阅读(37) / 评论(0) 分类 TED演讲国际问题篇

I'm not raising a little boy, like Mike. 我没有抚养过像Mike这样的小男孩儿。 Mike is a little boy in Florida. He's 11 years old, Mike是弗罗里达州的一名小男孩儿,他今年11岁。 and the thing that he loves most in the wor

发表于:2019-01-18 / 阅读(31) / 评论(0) 分类 TED演讲国际问题篇

And now Canada is taking even more. 并且现在加拿大正在接收更多的难民 And yet, if you ask Canadians what makes them proudest of their country, 如果你问加拿大人他们的国家最让他们感到骄傲的是什么 they rank multic

发表于:2019-01-18 / 阅读(32) / 评论(0) 分类 TED演讲国际问题篇

It's hurting people, it's hurting companies, and it's hurting our health. 这影响了百姓的利益,也伤害了公司的利益,同时也在影响我们的身体健康。 Because when policies and infrastructure fail, 因为当政府政策和基础

This is why we are not growing. We failed at reinventing the manufacturing space, 这就是为什么经济未能增长。我们未能重新创造工业生产活动, and large technological innovations have played away from it. 与此同时大型技术

发表于:2019-01-18 / 阅读(31) / 评论(0) 分类 TED演讲国际问题篇

But it does illustrate that environmental leadership is compatible with good returns. 但它确实说明注重环境问题和高效益并不矛盾。 So if the returns are the same or better and the planet benefits, wouldn't this be the norm? 如果效

发表于:2019-01-18 / 阅读(43) / 评论(0) 分类 TED演讲国际问题篇

Let's show them that the way you look is just one part of your identity and that the truth is we love them 让我们向他们表明长相只是身份的一部分,而事实是我们爱他们是因为 for who they are and what they do and how they ma

发表于:2019-01-18 / 阅读(37) / 评论(0) 分类 TED演讲国际问题篇

And we think it's for all of these reasons that they take more risks with things like alcohol and drug use; 基于以上理由,我们认为他们有更高的风险去做那些像酗酒、吸毒、 crash dieting; cosmetic surgery; unprotected, earli

发表于:2019-01-18 / 阅读(30) / 评论(0) 分类 TED演讲国际问题篇