This is the VOA Special English Agriculture Report. Tall or short. Fat or thin. Real or plastic, or metal. Whatever the choice, two thousand million dollars worth of Christmas trees were sold last yea

发表于:2018-12-01 / 阅读(78) / 评论(0) 分类 2006年慢速英语(十二)月

SCIENCE IN THE NEWS - Human Brain Still Leads, as Science Looks to Next 50 Years of Artificial IntelligenceBy Jill Moss Broadcast: Tuesday, August 01, 2006 VOICE ONE: This is SCIENCE IN THE NEWS in VO

发表于:2018-12-07 / 阅读(39) / 评论(0) 分类 2006年慢速英语(八)月

Experts say a man's claim of pregnancy might not be impossible The web page certainly grabs your attention, but could it be real? Could it be that this man, Thomas Beatie, is actually pregnant? Quite frankly, I think it's a hoax, I saw him just a fe

发表于:2018-12-11 / 阅读(103) / 评论(0) 分类 万花筒2008年

Artificial Intelligence: Helpful and Dangerous 人工智能,是敌是友? Computers and other machines have and will continue to change the way people do business and how we live. Many researchers use the term artificial intelligence (AI) to describe

发表于:2018-12-16 / 阅读(29) / 评论(0) 分类 2016年VOA慢速英语(五)月

Idiom: Loose ends ( something not finished ) Hit the book: Vancouver Figure skating Influential Paralympics Disability Artificial Blade

发表于:2018-12-27 / 阅读(62) / 评论(0) 分类 趣味青春英语

Science and Technology 科技 Pollination: Why the bees sucks? 授粉:为何雄蜂很差劲? Plans for artificial pollinators are afoot. 人造授粉者计划蓄势待发 It is, in one way, the ultimate drone. 人造雄蜂堪称终极的飞行利器

发表于:2018-12-30 / 阅读(30) / 评论(0) 分类 经济学人科技系列

From VOA Learning English, this is the Health Lifestyle report. There may be something in your food that you cannot see and cannot taste. But it could be killing you. It is an artificial oil commonly called trans fat. Trans fat is a toxic chemical th

发表于:2019-01-03 / 阅读(81) / 评论(0) 分类 2018年VOA慢速英语(五)月

英译汉时,按意义上、修辞上或句法上的需要加一些词,使译文更加忠实通顺地表达原文的思想内容;但是,增加的并不是无中生有,而是要增加原文中虽无其词却有其意的一些词,这是英译

发表于:2019-01-03 / 阅读(37) / 评论(0) 分类 考研英语

swimming pool 游泳池 changing room 更衣室 shower 淋浴 diving platform 跳台 ten-meter platform 10米跳台 five-meter platform 5米跳台 three-meter springboard 3米跳板 one-meter springboa

发表于:2019-01-05 / 阅读(74) / 评论(0) 分类 英文语法词汇

CONRAD: I can't believe I'm actually going to do this. RICK: You'll have a good time. Duck season is one of my favorite times of the year. CONRAD: But like I said, in Taiwan it is strictly illegal to

发表于:2019-01-07 / 阅读(127) / 评论(0) 分类 娱乐英语

True to their names, boa constrictors squeeze the life out of their prey. But how dose a boa know its enough for a rat? The snake listens, for a heart beat. When it stops, thats a cue to let go, according to a study in the Journal biology letters. Re

发表于:2019-01-08 / 阅读(53) / 评论(0) 分类 Scientific American(一)月

如同之前预测的一样,iPhone 4S除了硬件的升级外,最大的特点是人工智能语音程序Siri。在这个系统中,用户可以向程序提出问题,比如我今天需要带雨伞吗?现在巴黎几点了?纳斯达克股价如何

发表于:2019-01-17 / 阅读(36) / 评论(0) 分类 实用英语

溜冰 Skating The oldest form of skate dates back to 20000 years B.C. 最早的溜冰形式可以追溯到公元前两万年. The first skating clubs and artificial rinks had begun springing up across

发表于:2019-02-01 / 阅读(61) / 评论(0) 分类 奥运英语

基因工程常用词汇 A 腺苷脱氨酶缺乏症 adenosine deaminase deficiency (ADA) 腺病毒 adenovirus Alagille综合征 Alagille syndrome 等位基因 allele 氨基酸 amino acids 动物模型 animal model 抗体 antibody 凋亡 apoptosis 路-巴综合征 ataxia-telangiectasia 常染

发表于:2019-02-01 / 阅读(37) / 评论(0) 分类 英文语法词汇

China's Internet media employees are defined by high education, long work hours and low job satisfaction, according to the 2016 report on Internet media workers. 根据日前发布的《2016网络新闻从业者生态报告》,我国互联网新闻从

发表于:2019-02-03 / 阅读(33) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻

人工生物角膜在中国研发成功 According to statistics, visual impairment for one forth of China's blind population was caused by problems with the cornea. For these people, a cornea transplant is the only hope they have of seeing again. In

发表于:2019-02-07 / 阅读(44) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻

How bad habits affect your sleep? 影响睡眠的坏习惯 You're binge-watching TV 疯狂煲剧 We're all guilty of spending the occasional lazy Sunday in front of the TV but it could be the reason that you're finding it so hard to fall asleep at ni

发表于:2019-02-16 / 阅读(30) / 评论(0) 分类 英语听力广播—Listening

Science and technology 科学技术 A synthetic jellyfish that swims 人造水母水中游 Meet Medusoid, a bioengineered artificial jellyfish created by researchers at the California Institute of Technology and Harvard University. 这就是梅多索依

发表于:2019-02-16 / 阅读(34) / 评论(0) 分类 经济学人科技系列

原文:For the second group they used dummy drug。 原译:他们对第二组用了假药。 辨析:假药是会害死人的,奸商才会卖假药.。这个假字的英文是fake。凡是用以欺骗人的假货都是fake(d) products/goods,假

发表于:2019-02-18 / 阅读(30) / 评论(0) 分类 英语口语

iceberg n.冰山 The reported cases of SARS were only the tip of the iceberg, showing how bad the situation was in that area. 该区所通报出来的严重急性呼吸道综合症(非典型性肺炎)病例只是冰山一角,这显示出该区状

发表于:2019-03-17 / 阅读(258) / 评论(0) 分类 赖世雄进阶英语词汇3500