注释: Security Council n. 联合国安全理事会 rebuke [ ri5bju:k ] n. 指责 permanent [ 5pE:mEnEnt ] adj. 永久的 divisive [ di5vaisiv ] adj. 分裂的 overwhelming majority 压倒的多数

发表于:2018-12-08 / 阅读(36) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA2005(下)--国政军事聚焦

核心句型: I'm psyched for you. 我真替你高兴。 psyched的意思是兴奋的,激动的,所以,psyched for you这个短语表达的意思是:我真替你高兴。因此,当美国人说I'm psyched for you.时,他/她要表达的意

发表于:2018-12-31 / 阅读(54) / 评论(0) 分类 轻松日记商务职场篇

发表于:2019-01-03 / 阅读(35) / 评论(0) 分类 英语抢先学

AS IT IS 2016-08-12 Clinton Blasts Trump Proposals in Economic Speech 克林顿炮轰特朗普在经济演说中的提议 Democratic presidential candidate Hillary Clinton blasted opponent Donald Trumps tax and trade proposals as she laid out her own

发表于:2019-01-12 / 阅读(32) / 评论(0) 分类 2016年VOA慢速英语(八)月

Come on Anna, we're not here to talk business. 拜托,安娜,我们来这里不是为了讨论公事的。 Tell me about you the real Anna. 跟我说说你,真正的安娜是什么样。 Have you had many err, many boyfriends before? 你之前有

发表于:2019-01-14 / 阅读(58) / 评论(0) 分类 职场英文口语

Would you like to see the menu? 要看看菜单吗? Oh yes please. 好的,谢谢。 I was asking the lady actually. 我其实是在问这位女士。 Oh, right. 好吧。 Hello again. 你们好。 Anna and Tom are finally on their dinner date at

发表于:2019-01-14 / 阅读(34) / 评论(0) 分类 职场英文口语

MARGARET WARNER:Next tonight: a look at the future of immigration reform. Ray Suarez has our story. RAY SUAREZ:Members of the Congressional Hispanic Caucus had a clear message today in two languages: Now is the time for comprehensive immigration refo

发表于:2019-01-16 / 阅读(33) / 评论(0) 分类 PBS访谈社会系列

This is the second in a two-part Business English Pod series about an internal meeting to consider a proposal. 这是2节商务英语播客的第2节,将要学习到在内部会议中考虑提议。 As we saw in the last episode, this type of meeti

发表于:2019-01-18 / 阅读(47) / 评论(0) 分类 原汁原味商务英语播客

A: I think I may rent this apartment from you. B: Thats great to hear. A: How much are you looking to rent it for? B: For each month you would have to pay $1050. A: That is too expensive. B: I dont think that is too much for rent. A: How does $850 a

发表于:2019-01-20 / 阅读(26) / 评论(0) 分类 地道英语对话-租房

unit 221 预定位子(1) dialogue 英语情景对话 A:Good evening, sir. What can I do for you? A:晚上好,先生,能为您效劳吗? B:Good evening. Would you please offer a table far from the entrance for us? B:晚上好。能提供一张

发表于:2019-01-21 / 阅读(182) / 评论(0) 分类 高频英语口语对话

讲解文本: out of the blue 出乎意料,突如其来 There are so many things out of the blue in our life. 生活中就是有这么多出乎意料。 The job offer came out of the blue. 这个工作机会来的很突然。 疯狂练习吧!

发表于:2019-01-22 / 阅读(37) / 评论(0) 分类 愉悦口语

A CPPCC member denounced on March 6 a proposal to remove English from China's college entrance exam, stressing the benefits of studying English for students who live in an increasingly open world. 3月6日,一名政协委员对废除高考英语的提

发表于:2019-02-05 / 阅读(57) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻

M: Learn a word W:今天我们要学的词组是:overturn M: Overturn: (o-v-e-r-t-u-r-n),overturn W: Overturn 有推翻、废除的意思。美国最高法院推翻了俄勒冈州(Oregon)法院的一项判决:The Supreme Court overtured a newly e

发表于:2019-02-07 / 阅读(31) / 评论(0) 分类 英语单词荟萃

PYONGYANG, April 14 (Xinhua) -- South Korean proposals for dialogue are not sincere, a spokesperson for the DPRK's Committee for the Peaceful Reunification of Korea said Sunday. If Seoul really intends to conduct such a dialogue, it should drop its c

发表于:2019-02-08 / 阅读(52) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻

Pyongyang, June 7 (Xinhua) -- The Democratic People's Republic of Korea (DPRK) on Friday proposed holding working-level contacts with South Korea in Kaesong on Sunday, the official KCNA news agency reported. The proposal announced by a spokesman of t

发表于:2019-02-08 / 阅读(51) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻

BBC News Projections from a referendum in Switzerland suggest voters have rejected a plan to introduce a guaranteed basic income for all. BBC新闻- 瑞士公投的预测表明, 投票者否决了推行人人享有有保障的基本收入的计划。

发表于:2019-02-13 / 阅读(32) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻

Sunday, May 26: As planned, Jobs and Sculley met in back of the Stanford campus on Sunday afternoon 5月26日,周日:按照计划,当天下午,乔布斯和斯卡利在斯坦福大学校园后面碰头, and walked for several hours amid the

发表于:2019-02-15 / 阅读(30) / 评论(0) 分类 乔布斯传

WASHINGTON, June 11 (Xinhua) -- The U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service on Tuesday announced a proposal to classify both wild and captive chimpanzees as endangered, a move that could affect future use of chimpanzees in scientific research in the United St

发表于:2019-02-18 / 阅读(245) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻

释义: give something some thought 仔细想想 同样为 give A B 的表达方式,可以用在对某件事再进一步想想时。最典型的例子就是我已经想过这个问题了,此时可以 I've been giving (I've given) it some though

发表于:2019-02-19 / 阅读(41) / 评论(0) 分类 老外最常用的英文短语

A: Good afternoon. May I help you? B: Yes, Im here to see Joanna Stevens. I have an appointment at four. A: Certainly, may I take your name? Ill let her know youve arrived. B: Sure, its Josh ONeil. A: Ms. Stevens will be with you momentarily. Can I o

发表于:2019-02-23 / 阅读(42) / 评论(0) 分类 英语播客-EnglishPod