This is Scientific American's 60-Second Science. I'm Steve Mirsky at the Lindau Nobel Laureate Meeting in Lindau Germany.This will just take a little more time than our usual minute. Harold Kroto won the Nobel Prize in Chemistry in 1996 for the disco

发表于:2018-12-24 / 阅读(49) / 评论(0) 分类 Scientific American(六)月

This is Scientific American's 60-Second Science. I'm Steve Mirsky at the Lindau Nobel Laureate Meeting in Lindau Germany.This will just take a little more time than our usual minute. Oliver Smithies won the Nobel Prize in Physiology or Medicine in 20

发表于:2018-12-24 / 阅读(37) / 评论(0) 分类 Scientific American(六)月

This is Scientific American's 60-Second Science. I'm Karen Hopkin. This will just take a minute. Are your car bumpers riddled with scars from encounters with tight parking spaces? Did the furniture movers scratch your floor? Wouldn't it be great if t

发表于:2018-12-24 / 阅读(56) / 评论(0) 分类 Scientific American(四)月

This is Scientific American's 60-Second Science. I'm Cynthia Graber. This will just take a minute. Airplane manufacturers have been changing over from aluminum to advanced composite materials. These lighter, stronger composites are made of fibers of

发表于:2018-12-24 / 阅读(45) / 评论(0) 分类 Scientific American(三)月

This is Scientific Americans 60-Second Science. Im Cynthia Graber. This will just take a minute. X rays are so common today you probably never stop to think about them. They help check a broken wrist, a sprained ankle, the state of our teeth. But a l

发表于:2018-12-24 / 阅读(55) / 评论(0) 分类 Scientific American(三)月

This is Scientific American's 60-Second Science. I'm Karen Hopkin. This will just take a minute. Cities have a lot to offer: theater, music, restaurants, birds. Yes, birds. But city birds are not like other birds. Because big cities are inhabited by

发表于:2018-12-24 / 阅读(38) / 评论(0) 分类 Scientific American(四)月

This is Scientific American's 60-Second Science. I'm Christopher Intagliata. Got a minute? Handwashing is the best way to avoid spreading infection, according to the CDC. But doctors, nurses and hospital staff wash up less than half as often as they

发表于:2018-12-24 / 阅读(44) / 评论(0) 分类 Scientific American(八)月

This is Scientific American's 60-Second Science. I'm Cynthia Graber. This will just take a minute. Smart phones can provide music, movie times, bus schedules. They can even make phone calls! And now, they might help cut down fuel use while driving. T

发表于:2018-12-24 / 阅读(45) / 评论(0) 分类 Scientific American(八)月

Most large animals have to chew food extensively and form it into a mushy ball that's easy to swallow. Cooking makes a huge differenceit softens the food and dramatically reduces eating time. Researchers calculated that if we lived like our non-cooki

发表于:2018-12-24 / 阅读(74) / 评论(0) 分类 Scientific American(八)月

This is Scientific American's 60-Second Science. I'm Amy Kraft. Got a minute? Out of control drivers aren't the only thing city cyclists have to worry about. New research suggests that cyclists are at increased risk of lung damage because of soot. A

发表于:2018-12-24 / 阅读(54) / 评论(0) 分类 Scientific American(九)月

This is Scientific American's 60-Second Science. I'm Cynthia Graber. This will just take a minute. Scientists can now include online gaming in their problem-solving arsenal. Because game players seem to have provided an answer to a scientific questio

发表于:2018-12-24 / 阅读(53) / 评论(0) 分类 Scientific American(九)月

This is Scientific American's 60-Second Science. I'm Christopher Intagliata. Got a minute? Asbestos increases the risk for certain cancers. The fibers are thought to do so by skewering cells, setting off chemical reactions that lead to inflammation,

发表于:2018-12-24 / 阅读(71) / 评论(0) 分类 Scientific American(九)月

picture in orange it's a case in biology grazable heart shaw. the pill's even some addable as moraly as far as he can task. but we human often pack it food and plastic with it's environmental and the puzzle chanlenges. so Harvard scientist D-A and K

发表于:2018-12-24 / 阅读(47) / 评论(0) 分类 Scientific American(一)月

This is Scientific Americans 60 second Science, I am Sophie Bushwick, Got a minute? Music, film and video game makes face a new online, digital world. And some are testing a revolutionary pricing system: pay what you want. But a new study finds that

发表于:2018-12-24 / 阅读(34) / 评论(0) 分类 Scientific American(四)月

This is scientific Americans 60 second science, I am Sophie Bushwick. got a minute. Tens of millions of years ago, cephalopods were hiding from their enemies in clouds of ink. And it turns out that cuttlefish today produce ink thats almost identical.

发表于:2018-12-24 / 阅读(30) / 评论(0) 分类 Scientific American(五)月

This is Scientific American's sixty seconds science, I'm Cynthia Graber. This will just take a minute. It's know that taller people tend to have more jobs with more authority and higher salaries but there is a flip side the more powerful person is th

发表于:2018-12-24 / 阅读(37) / 评论(0) 分类 Scientific American(一)月

This is Scientific American 60 Second Science, I am Mariette DiChristina. Got a minute? Maybe you've heard that sound. It's an Orca, a killer whale. We know that whales have a kind of language. Families and closely related groups even share dialects.

发表于:2018-12-24 / 阅读(38) / 评论(0) 分类 Scientific American(二)月

This is Scientific American 60 second Science, I am Christopher Intagliata, got a minute? It's no secret cigarettes can yellow your teeth. But tobacco smoke has another, unseen effect. It can wipe out the healthy bacteria in your mouth, leaving the f

发表于:2018-12-24 / 阅读(37) / 评论(0) 分类 Scientific American(二)月

This is Scientific Americans 60 Second Science, I am Cynthia Graber, this will just take a minute. Compounds found in the herb thyme have antibiotic properties. Now scientists have demonstrated that thyme might have a future role in fighting acne. A

发表于:2018-12-24 / 阅读(94) / 评论(0) 分类 Scientific American(三)月

This is Scientific Americans 60 second Science, I am Christopher Intagliata, got a minute? You've probably had the feeling. Your running shoes are pounding the pavementthen suddenly your pain fades away, and you're feeling euphoric. The runner's high

发表于:2018-12-24 / 阅读(70) / 评论(0) 分类 Scientific American(三)月