This is Scientific American's 60-Second Science. I'm Christie Nicholson. Got a minute? The National Sleep Foundation released the results of its annual sleep poll today, where they surveyed more than 1,500 people between the ages of 13 and 64. Here a

发表于:2019-01-08 / 阅读(56) / 评论(0) 分类 Scientific American(三)月

This is Scientific American's 60-Second Science. I'm Cynthia Graber. This will just take a minute. Solar cells convert sunlight to electricity. But they don't take advantage of all that solar heat, thereby missing out on the majority of the solar ene

发表于:2019-01-08 / 阅读(110) / 评论(0) 分类 Scientific American(四)月

This is Scientific American's 60-Second Science. I'm Karen Hopkin. This will just take a minute. They say you should take the bitter with the sweet. But if you're not a big fan of bitter, chemists have just the loophole for you. Oh, you'll still have

发表于:2019-01-08 / 阅读(81) / 评论(0) 分类 Scientific American(四)月

This is Scientific American's 60-Second Science. I'm Cynthia Graber. This will just take a minute. Mark Twain called it the most delicious fruit known to men. He was talking about the cherimoya. If you never heard of it, there's good reason. It has a

发表于:2019-01-08 / 阅读(91) / 评论(0) 分类 Scientific American(三)月

This is Scientific American's 60-Second Science. I'm Steve Mirsky. Got a minute? Wanna get out of the hospital alive? Well, the nursing staff has a lot to do with it. Now a study finds that a patients risk of dying goes up along with the number of wo

发表于:2019-01-08 / 阅读(78) / 评论(0) 分类 Scientific American(三)月

This is Scientific American's 60-Second Science. I'm John Rennie. Got a minute? Congress has finally acted on global warmingby denying it exists. It's in the grand lawmaking tradition of the Indiana state legislature's 1897 attempt to redefine the va

发表于:2019-01-08 / 阅读(87) / 评论(0) 分类 Scientific American(三)月

This is Scientific Americans 60-Second Science. Im Steve Mirsky. Thisll just take a minute. We are definitely in uncharted waters, particularly given that the spent fuel pool appears to either not have water or have very little water. Its completely

发表于:2019-01-08 / 阅读(64) / 评论(0) 分类 Scientific American(三)月

This is Scientific Americans 60-Second Science. Im Cynthia Graber. This will just take a minute. Thats a sound that inspires fear around the world: the dentists drill. And fear of that sound itself could play a part in keeping some people from gettin

发表于:2019-01-08 / 阅读(54) / 评论(0) 分类 Scientific American(一)月

This is Scientific American's 60-Second Science. I'm Karen Hopkin. This will just take a minute. Oh what a tangled web we weave. Or so it may seem, because many social networks eventually evolve into one of just two states. We either all get along, o

发表于:2019-01-08 / 阅读(53) / 评论(0) 分类 Scientific American(一)月

This is Scientific American 60 second Science I am Sophie Bushwick, got a minute? As it ages, white paper turns a distinctive yellow. But why? To find out, scientists artificially aged modern paper to reveal the changes on the molecular level. The re

发表于:2019-01-08 / 阅读(51) / 评论(0) 分类 Scientific American(四)月

This is Scientific American, 60-second science. I'm Cynthia Graber.This will just take a minute. When an animal faces a predator, its senses go into overdrive. So scientists wondered, could human anxiety be an evolutionary legacy to protect us agains

发表于:2019-01-08 / 阅读(53) / 评论(0) 分类 Scientific American(四)月

This is Scientific American 60 Second Science, I am Cythia Graber, this will just take a minute~ Many Christians give up meat for Lent, a practice that indirectly affectshyenas, believe it or not. In northern Ethiopia, hyenas have become accustomed t

发表于:2019-01-08 / 阅读(56) / 评论(0) 分类 Scientific American(四)月

This is Scientific American's Sixty Second Science. I am Marryia Decrisdina, got the minute. First Youtube Space Lab contest has anounced its winners, young people entry by creating a short vedio of their idea for experiments to be down in space. I w

发表于:2019-01-08 / 阅读(44) / 评论(0) 分类 Scientific American(四)月

This is Scientific Americans 60 Second Science, I'm Karen Hopkin As voters vacillate among the contenders for the Republican nomination, it may matter less what the candidates say than how they sound when they say it. Because a new study shows that v

发表于:2019-01-08 / 阅读(61) / 评论(0) 分类 Scientific American(三)月

It sounds like the premise for a bad police drama, maybe NYPD Chimp. But scientists have found that high-ranking chimpanzees can act like cops: intervening to settle public disputes. The study appears in the journal Public Library of Science ONE. In

发表于:2019-01-08 / 阅读(65) / 评论(0) 分类 Scientific American(三)月

This is Scientific Americans 60 Second Science, I am Rose Eveleth. Got a minute? Sound and touch may seem completely separate, except possibly when playing the game Operation. But it turns out that the two senses are actually quite entwined: a new st

发表于:2019-01-08 / 阅读(47) / 评论(0) 分类 Scientific American(五)月

After a hurricane or earthquake, people often band together and cooperate to deal with the recovery. And were not the only species that becomes more cooperative in tough times.Female Yuhina birds in Taiwan usually fight over space in the community ne

发表于:2019-01-08 / 阅读(56) / 评论(0) 分类 Scientific American(六)月

City kids have smorgasbord of food choices. But they also face food allergies more than do their country cousins. Researchers mapped food allergies in children across the U.S. And they found more cases per capita in areas with high population densiti

发表于:2019-01-08 / 阅读(58) / 评论(0) 分类 Scientific American(六)月

This is Scientific Americans 60 second Science, I am Cynthia Craber, this will just take a minute. The biggest risk for breast cancer patients is usually not original tumor, which is removed by surgery. The cancer becomes particularly deadly if it me

发表于:2019-01-08 / 阅读(52) / 评论(0) 分类 Scientific American(六)月

This is Scientific Americans 60 second Science, I am Cynthia Graber, This will just take a minute. Scientists are looking for Earth-like planets around other stars. But one way to limit the search can be to figure out where an Earth-like planet canno

发表于:2019-01-08 / 阅读(57) / 评论(0) 分类 Scientific American(五)月