This is Scientific American, 60 second science.I'm rose got minutes sit ,stay ,down ,no ,don't need that ,drop it, dogs .We pad them ,we love them ,we talk them. But are they listening, of course they are. Recent researchers found dogs pay attention

发表于:2018-12-24 / 阅读(36) / 评论(0) 分类 Scientific American(一)月

You've probably heard of peanut or shellfish allergies,but a meat allergy,not as common. Even weird * will might be causing it, tick bites.According to a study in the journal of General Internal Medicine. A few years back, folks started showing up in

发表于:2018-12-24 / 阅读(47) / 评论(0) 分类 Scientific American(七)月

This is Scientific American 60-second science.I'm Sophie Bushwick.Got a minute? It's not easy being yellow.But as now is face two separated con?? demix which threaten the pluck the fruit off x tables.Fortunately,reseachers have now x banana's DNA,pro

发表于:2018-12-24 / 阅读(45) / 评论(0) 分类 Scientific American(七)月

This is Scientific America's 60 second science, I'm Sentay Graber, this will just take a minute. Magnifying glass, telescope, tiny tiny tape measure, these are the weapons with which researchers are fading it out to find the world's smallest frog.One

发表于:2018-12-24 / 阅读(60) / 评论(0) 分类 Scientific American(一)月

If 50 is the new 40 and 60 is the new 50, whats the new 70? Well, it seems safe to at least say that 70 isnt what it used to be. And thats good. Because a new study finds that 70-year-olds did better on intelligence tests than 70 year olds used to do

发表于:2018-12-24 / 阅读(51) / 评论(0) 分类 Scientific American(十)月

新托福写作范文素材:种树与保护环境 1 While you probably think about planting trees for Arbor Day, you may not know justhow much of an impact tree planting can have on your lawn and energy consumption as well as the environment. Trees

发表于:2019-01-03 / 阅读(33) / 评论(0) 分类 奥运英语

This is Scientific Americans 60-Second Science. Im Karen Hopkin. This will just take a minute. Think about flying and you no doubt think about air--the wind in your face, the wind at your back, the wind beneath your wings. Now physicists note that li

发表于:2019-01-08 / 阅读(69) / 评论(0) 分类 Scientific American(十二)月

This is Scientific American's 60-Second Science, I'm Christopher Intagliata. Got a minute? Life on earth requires six basic ingredientscarbon, hydrogen, nitrogen, oxygen, sulfur and phosphorus. Those six elements are the building blocks for DNA and R

发表于:2019-01-08 / 阅读(64) / 评论(0) 分类 Scientific American(十二)月

This is Scientific Americans 60-Second Science. Im Christopher Intagliata. Got a minute? That old saying, she died of a broken heart? It's not just poetry. Studies have shown that some people who lose a loved one may be at greater risk for a heart at

发表于:2019-01-08 / 阅读(33) / 评论(0) 分类 Scientific American(十一)月

This is Scientific Americans 60-Second Science. Im Cynthia Graber. Thisll just take a minute. Heres a strange tale of two previously unrelated food products. First: chitlins, that delicacy of fried pig large intestines. Theyre well-loved throughout t

发表于:2019-01-08 / 阅读(46) / 评论(0) 分类 Scientific American(十一)月

This is Scientific American's 60-Second Science. I'm Karen Hopkin. This will just take a minute. Ah, daydreaming. Is there anything more pleasant than sitting back and letting your thoughts drift? Well, yes: not letting your thoughts drift, for one.

发表于:2019-01-08 / 阅读(38) / 评论(0) 分类 Scientific American(十一)月

This is Scientific American's 60-Second Science. I'm Karen Hopkin. This will just take a minute. Modern human babies are essentially learning machines. After birth, their brains grow in leaps and bounds, allowing infants to lay the groundwork for fut

发表于:2019-01-08 / 阅读(193) / 评论(0) 分类 Scientific American(十一)月

This is Scientific American's 60-Second Science. I'm Cynthia Graber. This will just take a minute. It's been touted for its healthful, anti-inflammatory properties. It's been recommended for helping ease the pain of arthritis, preventing cancer and s

发表于:2019-01-08 / 阅读(70) / 评论(0) 分类 Scientific American(十一)月

This is Scientific Americans 60-Second Science, Im Karen Hopkin. This will just take a minute. Youve tried everything to lose weight: portion control, fasting, liquid diets, even eating meals on a treadmill. Now, a new study suggests that maybe you s

发表于:2019-01-08 / 阅读(51) / 评论(0) 分类 Scientific American(十)月

This is Scientific Americans 60-Second Science, Im Steve Mirsky.Got a minute? The 2010 Nobel Prize in Physiology or Medicine goes to 85-year-old Robert Edwards of England, for the development of in vitro fertilization. The Karolinska Institutes Chris

发表于:2019-01-08 / 阅读(50) / 评论(0) 分类 Scientific American(十)月

A lot of smartphone apps can help you out if you let them access your phone's GPS. But even if you give permission, do you know everything they're doing with that information? Some computer scientists wanted to find out. So they modified the Android

发表于:2019-01-08 / 阅读(59) / 评论(0) 分类 Scientific American(十)月

This is Scientific American's 60-Second Science. I'm Sophie Bushwick. Got a minute? The early bird gets the wormand may avoid skin cancer. Because a new mouse study suggests that, for humans, tanning in the mornings may be less likely to permanently

发表于:2019-01-08 / 阅读(65) / 评论(0) 分类 Scientific American(十一)月

For many potential entre animals this is one of the scariest sounds around. Scientists long thought the lion's distinctive roar was due to thick layers of fat inside the vocal cords. But new research suggests that it's not the fat that makes the roar

发表于:2019-01-08 / 阅读(76) / 评论(0) 分类 Scientific American(十一)月

This is Scientific American's 60-Second Science. I'm Sophie Bushwick. Got a minute? Jiminy Cricket may not actually hold the door open for his lady friends, but he can still be chivalrous: researchers from the University of Exeter discovered that whe

发表于:2019-01-08 / 阅读(54) / 评论(0) 分类 Scientific American(十)月

This is Scientific American's 60-Second Science. I'm Cynthia Graber. This will just take a minute. It sounds either really crazy, or kind of obvious. But according to new research, pick-up soccer could help homeless men avert the risk of an early dea

发表于:2019-01-08 / 阅读(42) / 评论(0) 分类 Scientific American(十)月