This is Scientific Americans 60-Second Science. Im Steve Mirsky. Got a minute? Believe it or not, George isnt at home, please leave a message at the beep. So what happens when you cant get George? Some viewers have a tough time. Get out. No, its true

发表于:2018-12-24 / 阅读(28) / 评论(0) 分类 Scientific American(四)月

This is Scientific American's 60-Second Science. I'm Christopher Intagliata. Got a minute? Used to be if spies wanted to eavesdrop, they planted a bug. These days, it's much easier. Because we all carry potential bugs in our pocketssmartphones. One t

发表于:2018-12-24 / 阅读(67) / 评论(0) 分类 Scientific American(十)月

This is Scientific American's 60-Second Science. I'm Rose Eveleth. Got a minute? Can you tell the difference between a pill and an MM? Can your toddler? Candies and medicine often look similar but confusion between these shiny morsels could be very d

发表于:2018-12-24 / 阅读(47) / 评论(0) 分类 Scientific American(十)月

This is Scientific Americans 60-SecondScience, Im Christopher Intagliata. Got a minute? Historians have speculated for years thatglobal environmental changes caused some ancient wars to erupt, or evensocieties to collapse. Such connections may still

发表于:2018-12-24 / 阅读(52) / 评论(0) 分类 Scientific American(八)月

Lots of studies suggested limited quantities of alcohol, like one drink a day can benefit your cardiovascular helth. But for the tiny worm C. elegans, dilute b is a valuable f of ease. It actually doubles their lifespan, according to a study in the j

发表于:2018-12-24 / 阅读(52) / 评论(0) 分类 Scientific American(一)月

This is Scientific American 60 second science, I am Amy Kraft, Got a minute? Newly licensed drivers who make sharp turns and come to sudden screeching stops are nerve-wracking. And now theres evidence to confirm that erratic driving by teens predicts

发表于:2018-12-24 / 阅读(56) / 评论(0) 分类 Scientific American(二)月

A quarter of all police shootings involve unarmed suspects. In a few recent cases, officers mistook cell phones and hairbrushes for guns, and shot and killed the victims. Now a study may explainin partthese errors. Researchers found that when a perso

发表于:2018-12-24 / 阅读(77) / 评论(0) 分类 Scientific American(三)月

Ever wondered why mosquito eat some people up but leave others relatively unscathed. a new study find this prefential treament due to smells produced by the microscopic critters that cover our bodies. the reaserch is in the journal public library sci

发表于:2018-12-24 / 阅读(102) / 评论(0) 分类 Scientific American(一)月

This is Scientific American's 60 seconds science. I'm Ian Chant. Got a minute Secret identities aren't just for superheros anymore. Researchers have found that protein present in everything from amoebas to people is living the double life. Once it bi

发表于:2018-12-24 / 阅读(59) / 评论(0) 分类 Scientific American(七)月

This is Scientific American's 60-Second Science. I'm Karen Hopkin. This will just take a minute. Rats have long been guilty of spreading disease. But now they've gone into the diagnosis side. Because rats can be trained to spot tuberculosisand to do

发表于:2018-12-24 / 阅读(58) / 评论(0) 分类 Scientific American(十二)月

This is Scientific American's 60-Second Science. I'm Cynthia Graber. This will just take a minute. You've seen it on TV. Crime scene investigators show up at what might be a murder scene. There are blood spattersbut no body. Who's the victim? Now, a

发表于:2018-12-24 / 阅读(39) / 评论(0) 分类 Scientific American(十一)月

新托福写作范文素材:做兼职的好处 Taking on a part-time job while pursuing a degree is hard work, but the benefits are typically greater than the amount of a paycheck. Students who work during their college careers may have better time

发表于:2019-01-03 / 阅读(26) / 评论(0) 分类 奥运英语

This is Scientific American's 60-Second Science. I'm Karen Hopkin. This will just take a minute. Seeing may be believing. But according to a new study -Excuse me, a bathroom? -Sorry? -Where, bathroom? -Boat room? Oh bathroom, on the left. Where was I

发表于:2019-01-08 / 阅读(69) / 评论(0) 分类 Scientific American(十二)月

This is Scientific American's 60-Second Science. I'm Steve Mirsky. Got a minute? One of the dreams of biomedical scientists is to be able to transform adult cells into other kinds of cells. And thus avoid some of the ethical concerns of working with

发表于:2019-01-08 / 阅读(80) / 评论(0) 分类 Scientific American(十一)月

This is Scientific Americans 60-Second Science, Im Karen Hopkin. This will just take a minute. Blackjack, slot machines, good ol Texas holdem. People love to gamble. And were not the only ones. A new study shows that pigeons will also pass up a sure

发表于:2019-01-08 / 阅读(58) / 评论(0) 分类 Scientific American(十)月

This is Scientific American's 60-Second Science. I'm Cynthia Graber. This will just take a minute. A new archaeological find may signify one of the great leaps in human cultural and cognitive history. Because researchers have discovered a 100,000-yea

发表于:2019-01-08 / 阅读(65) / 评论(0) 分类 Scientific American(十)月

Food is the body's fuel ,now a study finds the amount of the energy in that fuel can depend not just on it's calorie content but on how it's prepared,and the research published in the proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences could explain an i

发表于:2019-01-08 / 阅读(69) / 评论(0) 分类 Scientific American(十一)月

This is Scientific American's 60-Second Science. I'm Cynthia Graber. This will just take a minute. Einstein, Newton and many other legendary scientists did groundbreaking work in their 20s. But if your hair has gone gray and no Nobel seems likely, do

发表于:2019-01-08 / 阅读(76) / 评论(0) 分类 Scientific American(十一)月

This is Scientific American's 60-Second Science. I'm Karen Hopkin. This will just take a minute. They say what doesn't kill you makes you stronger. But sometimes what makes you stronger can kill you, at least when it comes to blood clotting. Because

发表于:2019-01-08 / 阅读(67) / 评论(0) 分类 Scientific American(十一)月

Venice's Church of the Most Holy Redeemer has held a musical celebration every year since its construction in 1592. And recently, the church has inspired debate among historians: How could its echoing chambers clearly portray the complicated music pe

发表于:2019-01-08 / 阅读(72) / 评论(0) 分类 Scientific American(十一)月