This is Scientific Americans 60-Second Science. Im Cynthia Graber. This will just take a minute. Saliva contains many useful components: lubricants, enzymes for breaking down food and now compounds that can reveal a persons age. Thats according to a

发表于:2018-12-24 / 阅读(65) / 评论(0) 分类 Scientific American(六)月

This is Scientific Americans 60-Second Science. Im Steve Mirsky. Got a minute? To keep your car purring, you have to change the oil. Such maintenance produces eight billion gallons of used motor oil annually. Some waste oil does get re-refined to pro

发表于:2018-12-24 / 阅读(75) / 评论(0) 分类 Scientific American(三)月

This is Scientific Americans 60-Second Science. Im Cynthia Graber. This will just take a minute. Antibiotics dont work against viruses, but doctors sometimes give antibiotics to patients who have what turns out to be a viral infection, which adds to

发表于:2018-12-24 / 阅读(78) / 评论(0) 分类 Scientific American(七)月

This is Scientific Americans 60-Second Science. Im Karen Hopkin. This will just take a minute. Nothing says summer like ants. Theyre at your picnics, on your porch, why theres one crawling up your leg right now. Well, now its your chance to turn the

发表于:2018-12-24 / 阅读(63) / 评论(0) 分类 Scientific American(七)月

This is Scientific American's 60-Second Science. I'm Steve Mirsky. Got a minute? With the loss of these one, two, maybe 10 million bat individuals in these populations, what are the implications? Bats in the U.S. are being plagued by a fungal conditi

发表于:2018-12-24 / 阅读(45) / 评论(0) 分类 Scientific American(十)月

Here is some thanksgiving tips food and safety expert Ben Chatman in North Carolina State University. First, do not wash the turkey, which***. The water splashing off a portroy can toss bacteria around your entire food preparation area. Two, s** is t

发表于:2018-12-24 / 阅读(61) / 评论(0) 分类 Scientific American(十一)月

Having a high IQ may have its drawbacks: a new study finds that highly intelligent children are more likely to try illegal drugs in their teenage and adult years. The work is published in the Journal of Epidemiology and Community Health. An ongoing s

发表于:2018-12-24 / 阅读(42) / 评论(0) 分类 Scientific American(十一)月

This is Scientific Americans 60-Second Science. Im Steve Mirsky. Got a minute? To be honest with you, I didnt feel a thing. But many other Scientific American staffers felt the shaking a few minutes before 2 P.M. Eastern time. After checking Twitter

发表于:2018-12-24 / 阅读(60) / 评论(0) 分类 Scientific American(八)月

This is Scientific American's 60-Second Science. I'm John Matson. Got a minute? Out in space, NASA's Kepler mission keeps watch on more than 150,000 stars. The telescope's job is to see if those stars dim ever so slightlybecause of the presence of an

发表于:2018-12-24 / 阅读(57) / 评论(0) 分类 Scientific American(九)月

This is Scientific Americans 60 second Science, I am Christopher Intagliata, got a minute? You see a guy walking a pit bull with a studded collar. What's your first thought?: tough guy, right? Well, probably. But chances are he's a conscientious, rul

发表于:2018-12-24 / 阅读(33) / 评论(0) 分类 Scientific American(五)月

A planet sees what we see, a planet sees light. Danel ** director of NANA center for planet boi-sciences at tele university, and the author of a new book, what a planet knows?. so he takes someone who is completely blind and by observe in some way gi

发表于:2018-12-24 / 阅读(42) / 评论(0) 分类 Scientific American(六)月

This is Scientific American's 60-Second Science. I'm Steve Mirsky. Got a minute? For some reason, every year a few dozen runners dash from southern Italy all the way to the North Cape of Norway, in what's called the TransEurope-FootRace. It takes abo

发表于:2018-12-24 / 阅读(46) / 评论(0) 分类 Scientific American(十一)月

This is Scientific American's 60-Second Science. I'm Steve Mirsky. Got a minute? Did you hoist a few on New Year's? Of course, getting together with friends over a few adult beverages has a long history. Here's the University of Cincinnati's Kathleen

发表于:2019-01-08 / 阅读(51) / 评论(0) 分类 Scientific American(一)月

This is scientific Americans 60 second science,I'm Cynthia Graber.This will just take a minute.A coal mine can decrease the local environment but a Fungi may indivertantly help cleanup the mine with its own waste products. Researchers worked with the

发表于:2019-01-08 / 阅读(91) / 评论(0) 分类 Scientific American(七)月

Fruit flies are pretty small. But they laugh at a species of fly recently discovered in Thailand. Dubbed Euryplatea nanaknihali, this member of the phorid fly family is less than half a millimeter longa fifth the size of a fruit fly. But before you o

发表于:2019-01-08 / 阅读(61) / 评论(0) 分类 Scientific American(七)月

Dogs aren't just man's best friend. Previous studies have shown that kids with dogs are less likely to develop asthma. Now new studies may show how. For those (from) mice it applied was. The work was presented at the meeting of the American Society f

发表于:2019-01-08 / 阅读(72) / 评论(0) 分类 Scientific American(六)月

This is Scientific Americans 60 second Science, I am Steve Mirsky. If you have paraskevidekatriaphobia, today is not your day. Thats right, paraskevidekatriaphobia is fear of Friday the 13th and the accidents, mishaps and misfortunes thought by some

发表于:2019-01-08 / 阅读(68) / 评论(0) 分类 Scientific American(四)月

This is Scientific American 60 second Science, I'm Sophie Bushwick, got a minute~ Fruit and veggies dont just improve your dietthey could enhance your looks. A new study, done with primarily Caucasian subjects, finds that eating produce heightens red

发表于:2019-01-08 / 阅读(50) / 评论(0) 分类 Scientific American(三)月

Advertisers will has dropped 3500,000,000 dollars for a the thirty seconds spot onduring the Sunday's Super Bowlcerticles. But to get the most bangd for their buckbowl, they might want to play their ads right after the game ends, not during it. Becau

发表于:2019-01-08 / 阅读(69) / 评论(0) 分类 Scientific American(二)月

1. Engage: Project-Based Learning Students go beyond the textbook to study complex topics based on real-world issues, such as the water quality in their communities or the history of their town, analyzing information from multiple sources, including

发表于:2019-03-02 / 阅读(70) / 评论(0) 分类 托福英语