By George Grow Broadcast: August 29, 2004 (THEME) VOICE ONE: I'm Steve Ember. VOICE TWO: And I'm Gwen Outen with People in America in VOA Special English. Today we tell about a woman who became famous for her activities in government, the media and t

发表于:2018-12-07 / 阅读(48) / 评论(0) 分类 名人轶事

Broadcast: August 15, 2004 ((THEME)) VOICE ONE: This is Faith Lapidus. VOICE TWO: And this is Steve Ember with People in America in VOA Special English. Today we tell about the life and music of American songwriter Cole Porter. ((MUSIC)) VOICE ONE: T

发表于:2018-12-07 / 阅读(31) / 评论(0) 分类 名人轶事

John Kenneth Galbraith, 1908-2006: He Strongly Influenced Economic Thought in the United States for Many Years VOICE ONE: I'm Steve Ember. VOICE TWO: And I'm Barbara Klein with PEOPLE IN AMERICA in VOA Special English. Economics is a field based on m

发表于:2018-12-07 / 阅读(29) / 评论(0) 分类 名人轶事

By Yenni Djahidin Grow Broadcast: January 2, 2005 (THEME) VOICE ONE: Im Shirley Griffith. VOICE TWO: And Im Steve Ember with the VOA Special English program, PEOPLE IN AMERICA. Every week, we tell the story of someone important in the history of the

发表于:2019-01-01 / 阅读(42) / 评论(0) 分类 名人轶事

By George Grow November 7, 2004 (THEME) VOICE ONE: I'm Steve Ember. VOICE TWO: And I'm Faith Lapidus with People in America in VOA Special English. Today we tell about Dian Fossey. She studied the wild mountain gorillas of central Africa. Her work re

发表于:2019-01-02 / 阅读(61) / 评论(0) 分类 名人轶事

Broadcast: January 30, 2005 (MUSIC) ANNOUNCER: Now, the VOA Special English program, PEOPLE IN AMERICA. Today, Shirley Griffith and Steve Ember tell about the life of Barbara Cooney, the creator of many popular childrens books. She died in March, two

发表于:2019-01-02 / 阅读(55) / 评论(0) 分类 名人轶事

By Cynthia Kirk Broadcast: March 20, 2005 ((THEME)) VOICE ONE: Im Shirley Griffith. VOICE TWO: And Im Sarah Long with the VOA Special English program, PEOPLE IN AMERICA. Today we tell about the life of award-winning poet Gwendolyn Brooks. She was the

发表于:2019-01-02 / 阅读(58) / 评论(0) 分类 名人轶事

VOICE ONE: I'm Steve Ember. VOICE TWO: And I'm Shirley Griffith with the VOA Special English program, People in America. Every week we tell about a person important in the history of the United States. Today we tell about Louisa May Alcott. She wrote

发表于:2019-01-02 / 阅读(43) / 评论(0) 分类 名人轶事

Ann Landers Gave Advice to Newspaper Readers Across AmericaWritten by Caty Weaver (THEME) VOICE ONE: Im Mary Tillotson. VOICE TWO: And Im Steve Ember with the VOA Special English program PEOPLE IN AMERICA. Today, we tell about advice writer Ann Lande

发表于:2019-01-02 / 阅读(66) / 评论(0) 分类 名人轶事

Jackson Pollock Invented a New Kind of Painting That Changed the Way People Looked at Art Written by Dana Demange (MUSIC) VOICE ONE: I'm Faith Lapidus. VOICE TWO: And I'm Bob Doughty with People in America in VOA Special English. Today, we tell about

发表于:2019-01-02 / 阅读(37) / 评论(0) 分类 名人轶事

Margaret Bourke-White: A Fearless News Reporter Who Told Her Stories With a Camera Written by Shelley Gollust (MUSIC) VOICE ONE: Im Barbara Klein. VOICE TWO: And Im Steve Ember with People in America in VOA Special English. Today we tell about photog

发表于:2019-01-02 / 阅读(40) / 评论(0) 分类 名人轶事

Nina Simone Was a Singer and Activist in the Civil Rights Movement of the 1960s VOICE ONE: I'm Faith Lapidus. VOICE TWO: Singer Nina Simone And I'm Steve Ember with the VOA Special English program People in America. Today we tell about singer Nina Si

发表于:2019-01-02 / 阅读(62) / 评论(0) 分类 名人轶事

Woody Guthrie:Singing About the Lives of 'Dust Bowl Refugees' Written by Shelley Gollust VOICE ONE: I'm Mary Tillotson. VOICE TWO: Woody Guthrie And I'm Steve Ember with the VOA Special English program, PEOPLE IN AMERICA. Today, we begin a two-part s

发表于:2019-01-02 / 阅读(39) / 评论(0) 分类 名人轶事

Out of a World of Darkness and Silence, Helen Keller Brought Hope to Millions Helen Keller proved people could overcome disabilities. VOICE ONE: I'm Shirley Griffith. VOICE TWO: And I'm Ray Freeman. Every week we tell about a person who was important

发表于:2019-01-02 / 阅读(127) / 评论(0) 分类 名人轶事

Richard Rodgers Wrote Musical Plays That Often Dealt with Social Issues Music experts say that a Richard Rodgers show is always playing somewhere in the world. VOICE ONE: I'm Mary Tillotson. VOICE TWO: And I'm Shirley Griffith with the VOA Special En

发表于:2019-01-02 / 阅读(97) / 评论(0) 分类 名人轶事

Madam C.J. Walker, 1867-1919: She Developed Hair-Care Products for Black Women Her products helped women have a better sense of their own beauty. VOICE ONE: I'm Shirley Griffith. VOICE TWO: Madame C.J. Walker And I'm Rich Kleinfeldt with the VOA Spec

发表于:2019-01-02 / 阅读(115) / 评论(0) 分类 名人轶事

James Brown, 1933-2006: The Godfather of Soul Influenced Many Kinds of Music During His 50-Year Career Brown was also called the hardest working man in show business. VOICE ONE: I'm Steve Ember. VOICE TWO: And I'm Barbara Klein with People in America

发表于:2019-01-02 / 阅读(109) / 评论(0) 分类 名人轶事

Marilyn Monroe, 1926-1962: America's Most Famous Sex Symbol The beautiful movie star had an exciting but tragic life. VOICE ONE: I'm Shirley Griffith. VOICE TWO: And I'm Steve Ember with the VOA Special English program, People in America. Today we te

发表于:2019-01-02 / 阅读(123) / 评论(0) 分类 名人轶事

Henry Ford Made the Automobile Industry an Important Part of the Nation's Economy Ford's Model T was the last of the early cars in the brave, new world of automobile development. ANNOUNCER: People in America, a program in Special English on the Voice

发表于:2019-01-02 / 阅读(107) / 评论(0) 分类 名人轶事

Crazy Horse was Chief of the Lakota Indians, a Warrior and a Holy Man He tried to protect his people's way of living. VOICE ONE: I'm Phoebe Zimmermann. VOICE TWO: And I'm Steve Ember with the VOA Special English program PEOPLE IN AMERICA. Today, we t

发表于:2019-01-02 / 阅读(127) / 评论(0) 分类 名人轶事