By Richard Thorman 25 Sep 2004, 20:22 UTC Broadcast: September 26, 2004 (THEME) VOICE ONE: I'm Shirley Griffith. VOICE TWO: And I'm Steve Ember with the VOA Special English program, PEOPLE IN AMERICA. Today we tell about the life of Nineteenth Centur

发表于:2018-12-07 / 阅读(38) / 评论(0) 分类 名人轶事

By Shelley Gollust Broadcast: August 1, 2004 (MUSIC) VOICE ONE: I'm Sarah Long. VOICE TWO: And I'm Steve Ember with the VOA Special English program, PEOPLE IN AMERICA. Today we tell about one of the world's greatest musicians, violinist Isaac Stern.

发表于:2018-12-07 / 阅读(60) / 评论(0) 分类 名人轶事

Rochelle Gollust Broadcast: August 22, 2004 ((THEME)) VOICE ONE: This is Faith Lapidus. VOICE TWO: And this is Steve Ember with People in America in VOA Special English. Today we bring you the second part of our program about American songwriter Cole

发表于:2018-12-07 / 阅读(38) / 评论(0) 分类 名人轶事

By Caty Weaver Broadcast: October 3, 2004 (THEME) VOICE ONE: I'm Faith Lapidus. VOICE TWO: And I'm Steve Ember with People in America in VOA Special English. Today we tell about the world's most famous doctor for children, Benjamin Spock. (THEME) VOI

发表于:2019-01-01 / 阅读(41) / 评论(0) 分类 名人轶事

Broadcast: January 9, 2005 (MUSIC) VOICE ONE: Im Mary Tillotson. VOICE TWO: And Im Steve Ember with the VOA Special English program, PEOPLE IN AMERICA. Today we tell about the Marx Brothers. They made many funny movies in the nineteen-thirties and ni

发表于:2019-01-01 / 阅读(50) / 评论(0) 分类 名人轶事

Broadcast: December 5, 2004 ((THEME)) VOICE ONE: I'm Faith Lapidus. VOICE TWO: And I'm Steve Ember with People in America in VOA Special English. Today, we begin the story of the life of a famous Southern writer, William Faulkner. He wrote about an i

发表于:2019-01-01 / 阅读(48) / 评论(0) 分类 名人轶事

By Paul Thompson Broadcast: November 28, 2004 (THEME) VOICE ONE: Im Shirley Griffith. VOICE TWO: And Im Doug Johnson with People in America in VOA Special English. Today we tell about a young woman named Virginia Patterson Hensley. No one but her fam

发表于:2019-01-01 / 阅读(39) / 评论(0) 分类 名人轶事

(THEME) ANNOUNCER: Im Doug Johnson with PEOPLE IN AMERICA in VOA Special English. Today we tell the story of a musician who led one of the most popular American bands during the nineteen thirties and forties. His name was Artie Shaw. Listen for a few

发表于:2019-01-02 / 阅读(56) / 评论(0) 分类 名人轶事

By Jerilyn Watson Broadcast: March 6, 2005 ((THEME)) VOICE ONE: Im Barbara Klein. VOICE TWO: And Im Steve Ember with People in America in VOA Special English. Today we tell about Arthur Miller. Many theater critics believe he was one of the greatest

发表于:2019-01-02 / 阅读(48) / 评论(0) 分类 名人轶事

Halloween is a good time to celebrate the stories of Edgar Allan PoeWritten by Shelley Gollust (MUSIC) VOICE ONE: Im Steve Ember. VOICE TWO: And Im Faith Lapidus with PEOPLE IN AMERICA from VOA Special English. Today, we tell about Edgar Allan Poe, a

发表于:2019-01-02 / 阅读(55) / 评论(0) 分类 名人轶事

Writer Willa Cather Celebrated Europeans Who Settled in the American Midwest Written by Richard Thorman (MUSIC) VOICE ONE: I'm Shirley Griffith. VOICE TWO: And I'm Tony Riggs with People in America. Today we tell about writer Willa Cather. (MUSIC) VO

发表于:2019-01-02 / 阅读(28) / 评论(0) 分类 名人轶事

Winslow Homer: America's Painter Written by Mario Ritter (MUSIC) VOICE ONE: Im Steve Ember. VOICE TWO: And Im Barbara Klein with People In America in VOA Special English. Today we tell about Winslow Homer, considered to be the greatest American artis

发表于:2019-01-02 / 阅读(35) / 评论(0) 分类 名人轶事

Mae West: The Wild Woman of Film and Stage Written by Dana Demange (THEME) VOICE ONE: Im Barbara Klein. VOICE TWO: And Im Steve Ember with People in America in VOA Special English. Today we tell about film actress Mae West. She was also a writer, pro

发表于:2019-01-02 / 阅读(61) / 评论(0) 分类 名人轶事

Andy Warhol: The Father of Pop Art Written by Dana Demange (THEME) VOICE ONE: Im Steve Ember. VOICE TWO: And Im Barbara Klein with People in America in VOA Special English. Today we tell about Andy Warhol, one of the most influential people in Americ

发表于:2019-01-02 / 阅读(38) / 评论(0) 分类 名人轶事

American Baseball Legend Babe RuthWritten by Shelley Gollust (THEME) VOICE ONE: I'm Shirley Griffith. VOICE TWO: And I'm Doug Johnson with the Special English program, People in America. Every week we tell about a person important in the history of t

发表于:2019-01-02 / 阅读(35) / 评论(0) 分类 名人轶事

Betty Friedan: How She Was a Leader in the Modern Women's Rights Movement in the U.S. Written by Jerilyn Watson VOICE ONE: I'm Faith Lapidus. VOICE TWO: And I'm Steve Ember with PEOPLE IN AMERICA in VOA Special English. Today we tell about Betty Frie

发表于:2019-01-02 / 阅读(44) / 评论(0) 分类 名人轶事

Truman Capote developed a new kind of writing with his nonfiction novel, In Cold Blood Written by Dana Demange VOICE ONE: I'm Faith Lapidus. VOICE TWO: And I'm Bob Doughty with PEOPLE IN AMERICA in VOA Special English. Today we tell about Truman Capo

发表于:2019-01-02 / 阅读(76) / 评论(0) 分类 名人轶事

Remembering Five Special People Who Died This Year Hear about the lives of Robert Altman, Ann Richards, R.W. Apple, William Styron and Ruth Brown. VOICE ONE: I'm Steve Ember. VOICE TWO: And I'm Barbara Klein with People in America in VOA Special Engl

发表于:2019-01-02 / 阅读(107) / 评论(0) 分类 名人轶事

Katharine Hepburn, 1907-2003: An Independent and Intelligent Actress She has been called the greatest American actress of all time. VOICE ONE: I'm Steve Ember. VOICE TWO: And I'm Barbara Klein with People in America in VOA Special English. Today we t

发表于:2019-01-02 / 阅读(110) / 评论(0) 分类 名人轶事

Edward Weston, 1886-1958: He Helped Change the Way Americans Understood Photography Weston's photographs are called Straight Photography. VOICE ONE: I'm Mary Tillotson. VOICE TWO: And I'm Steve Ember with the VOA Special English program, PEOPLE IN AM

发表于:2019-01-02 / 阅读(110) / 评论(0) 分类 名人轶事