Television cartoons are big business in Japan, where around 40 new animated TV series are produced every week. One of the countrys most popular animators, Hayao Miyazaki, has produced some of the great classics of Japanese TV animation. Nevertheless,

发表于:2018-12-07 / 阅读(43) / 评论(0) 分类 名人轶事

Ida Tarbell, 1857-1944: She Used Her Reporting Skills Against One of the Most Powerful Companies in the World Tarbell charged that Standard Oil was using illegal methods to hurt or destroy smaller oil companies. ANNOUNCER: People in America, a progra

发表于:2019-01-01 / 阅读(63) / 评论(0) 分类 名人轶事

Ayn Rand, 1905-1982: Americans Still Debate Her Books and Ideas Her two most famous books are The Fountainhead and Atlas Shrugged VOICE ONE: I'm Steve Ember. VOICE TWO: And I'm Barbara Klein with People in America in VOA Special English. Today we tel

发表于:2019-01-01 / 阅读(45) / 评论(0) 分类 名人轶事

Emily Dickinson, 1830-1886: The 'Belle of Amherst' Became one of America's Greatest Poets Little is known about her life. But her poetry remains popular today. ANNOUNCER: People in America a program in Special English about famous Americans of the pa

发表于:2019-01-01 / 阅读(34) / 评论(0) 分类 名人轶事

Frank Lloyd Wright,1867-1959: The greatest American building designer of the twentieth century One critic said Wright's ideas were 50 years ahead of his time. VOICE ONE: I'm Phoebe Zimmerman. VOICE TWO: And I'm Steve Ember with the VOA Special Engl

发表于:2019-01-01 / 阅读(45) / 评论(0) 分类 名人轶事

By Doreen Baingana Broadcast: December 19, 2004 (THEME) VOICE ONE: Im Shirley Griffith. VOICE TWO: And Im Sarah Long with the VOA Special English Program, People in America. Today, we tell about one of the leaders of the birth control movement, Marga

发表于:2019-01-01 / 阅读(39) / 评论(0) 分类 名人轶事

By Nancy Steinbach Broadcast: October 10, 2004 (THEME) ANNCR: Every week we tell about someone important in the history of the United States. Today, Shirley Griffith and Ray Freeman tell about the first western woman in modern times to become a docto

发表于:2019-01-02 / 阅读(77) / 评论(0) 分类 名人轶事

Broadcast: February 20, 2005 (((THEME))) VOICE ONE: Im Gwen Outen. VOICE TWO: And Im Doug Johnson with People in America in VOA Special English. Today we tell about Shirley Chisholm. She was an educator, activist and politician. (((THEME))) VOICE ONE

发表于:2019-01-02 / 阅读(38) / 评论(0) 分类 名人轶事

By Shelley Gollust Broadcast: February 27, 2005 (THEME) VOICE ONE: I'm Ray Freeman. VOICE TWO: And I'm Shirley Griffith with the Special English program, PEOPLE IN AMERICA. Every week we tell about a person important in the history of the United Stat

发表于:2019-01-02 / 阅读(44) / 评论(0) 分类 名人轶事

By Nancy Steinbach Broadcast: March 13, 2005 ((THEME)) ANNCR: Welcome to PEOPLE IN AMERICA, a program in VOA Special English. Today Rich Kleinfeldt and Steve Ember tell about one of Americas most popular singers, Elvis Presley. (MUSIC) VOICE ONE: Tha

发表于:2019-01-02 / 阅读(53) / 评论(0) 分类 名人轶事

Anne Morrow Lindbergh: Pilot and Writer of What Book Critics Considered Small Works of Art Written by Shelley Gollust (MUSIC) VOICE ONE: I'm Shirley Griffith. VOICE TWO: Anne Morrow Lindbergh And I'm Steve Ember with the VOA Special English program P

发表于:2019-01-02 / 阅读(39) / 评论(0) 分类 名人轶事

Scott Joplin: The King of Ragtime Music Written by Caty Weaver (MUSIC) VOICE ONE: Im Steve Ember. VOICE TWO: And Im Barbara Klein with People in America in VOA Special English. Today we tell about the life and work of one of Americas greatest music w

发表于:2019-01-02 / 阅读(41) / 评论(0) 分类 名人轶事

Photographer Margaret Bourke-White Helped Create the Modern Art of Photojournalism Written by Shelley Gollust (THEME) VOICE ONE: Im Barbara Klein. VOICE TWO: And Im Steve Ember with People in America in VOA Special English. Today we complete our repo

发表于:2019-01-02 / 阅读(58) / 评论(0) 分类 名人轶事

Eugene McCarthy: His Campaign for President in 1968 Forced a President From Office Written by Shelley Gollust (THEME) VOICE ONE: Im Steve Ember. VOICE TWO: And Im Barbara Klein with People in America in VOA Special English. Today we tell about Eugene

发表于:2019-01-02 / 阅读(46) / 评论(0) 分类 名人轶事

Country and Western Singer Hank Williams Wrote Songs About Love and Heartbreak (THEME) VOICE ONE: PEOPLE IN AMERICA -- a program in Special English by the Voice of America. (THEME) Every week at this time, we tell you a story about people who played

发表于:2019-01-02 / 阅读(37) / 评论(0) 分类 名人轶事

Margaret Mead Influenced How Social Scientists Understood Native Cultures ANNOUNCER: Margaret Mead Welcome to People in America from VOA Special English. Today, Sarah Long and Rich Kleinfeldt tell about one of the most influential social scientists o

发表于:2019-01-02 / 阅读(59) / 评论(0) 分类 名人轶事

Washington Post Owner and Publisher Katharine Graham: A Powerful Media Leader in America VOICE ONE: I'm Shirley Griffith. VOICE TWO: And I'm Doug Johnson with the VOA Special English program, PEOPLE IN AMERICA. Today we tell about Katharine Graham. S

发表于:2019-01-02 / 阅读(38) / 评论(0) 分类 名人轶事

James Baldwin Wrote About Race and Identity in America VOICE ONE: I'm Shirley Griffith. VOICE TWO: James Baldwin And I'm Steve Ember with People in America in VOA Special English. Today we tell about James Baldwin, one of the most important American

发表于:2019-01-02 / 阅读(106) / 评论(0) 分类 名人轶事

Edward Hopper's Simple Paintings Hold Special Meaning for Americans VOICE ONE: I'm Shirley Griffith. VOICE TWO: And I'm Doug Johnson with People in America in VOA Special English. Today we tell about artist Edward Hopper. He painted normal objects an

发表于:2019-01-02 / 阅读(111) / 评论(0) 分类 名人轶事

Doctor Seuss, 1904-1991: People of all Ages Love his Books for Children Among his popular books are The Cat in the Hat, Green Eggs and Ham and How the Grinch Stole Christmas. ANNOUNCER: PEOPLE IN AMERICA, a program in Special English on the Voice of

发表于:2019-01-02 / 阅读(117) / 评论(0) 分类 名人轶事