Billy Wilder, 1906-2002: He Made Movies That People Will Never Forget Wilder made serious movies dealing with social issues as well as funny movies. VOICE ONE: I'm Mary Tillotson. VOICE TWO: And I'm Steve Ember with the VOA Special English program, P

发表于:2019-01-01 / 阅读(41) / 评论(0) 分类 名人轶事

John Coltrane, 1926-1967: The famous saxophone player helped make modern jazz popular around the world VOICE ONE: PEOPLE IN AMERICA, a program in Special English by the Voice of America. (MUSIC) John Coltrane He was one of the greatest saxophone play

发表于:2019-01-01 / 阅读(47) / 评论(0) 分类 名人轶事

By Jerilyn Watson Broadcast: November 14, 2004 (THEME) VOICE ONE: I'm Sarah Long. VOICE TWO: And I'm Steve Ember with People in America in VOA Special English. Today we report about two scientists, J. Robert Oppenheimer and Enrico Fermi, who helped l

发表于:2019-01-02 / 阅读(52) / 评论(0) 分类 名人轶事

By William Rogers Broadcast: January 16, 2005 ANNCR: People in America - a program in Special English on the Voice of America. Martin Luther King Jr. Civil Rights Activist (Theme) Today, Warren Scheer and Shep O'Neal begin the story of civil rights l

发表于:2019-01-02 / 阅读(42) / 评论(0) 分类 名人轶事

Written by Cynthia Kirk Welcome to PEOPLE IN AMERICA, a program in Special English on the Voice of America. Today Shirley Griffith and Rich Kleinfeldt tell about a man who changed professional baseball in the United States. Jackie Roosevelt Robinson

发表于:2019-01-02 / 阅读(38) / 评论(0) 分类 名人轶事

Jerome Kern, 1885-1945: The Father of American Musical Theater Singers still perform Kern's songs today. VOICE ONE: I'm Steve Ember. VOICE TWO: And I'm Barbara Klein with People in America in VOA Special English. Today we tell about and play music by

发表于:2019-01-02 / 阅读(43) / 评论(0) 分类 名人轶事

Willis Conover Brought Jazz, 'the Music of Freedom,' to the World Written by Dana Demange (MUSIC) VOICE ONE: Im Bob Doughty. VOICE TWO: Willis Conover And Im Barbara Klein with People in America in VOA Special English. Today, we tell about Willis Con

发表于:2019-01-02 / 阅读(44) / 评论(0) 分类 名人轶事

Rosa Parks: Mother of the American Civil Rights MovementWritten by Nancy Steinbach (MUSIC) VOICE ONE: Im Pat Bodnar. VOICE TWO: And Im Steve Ember with PEOPLE IN AMERICA in VOA Special English. Today, we tell about Rosa Parks, who has been called the

发表于:2019-01-02 / 阅读(53) / 评论(0) 分类 名人轶事

Bessie Coleman was the first African American Female PilotWritten by Vivian Chakarian (Theme) VOICE ONE: I'm Faith Lapidus. VOICE TWO: And I'm Steve Ember with People in America in VOA Special English. Today we tell about Bessie Coleman, the first Af

发表于:2019-01-02 / 阅读(45) / 评论(0) 分类 名人轶事

Marian Anderson: 75 Thousand People Heard Her Sing at the Lincoln Memorial in Washington, D.C. Written by Shelley Gollust (MUSIC) VOICE ONE: I'm Shirley Griffith. VOICE TWO: Marian Anderson's image on a United States Postal Service stamp And I'm Stev

发表于:2019-01-02 / 阅读(34) / 评论(0) 分类 名人轶事

Duke Ellington and His Jazz Orchestra Were Famous Around the WorldWritten by Paul Thompson (THEME) VOICE ONE: I'm Shirley Griffith. VOICE TWO: And I'm Ray Freeman with the VOA Special English program, People in America. Every week we tell about a per

发表于:2019-01-02 / 阅读(45) / 评论(0) 分类 名人轶事

Shirley Horn: One of the Great Jazz Singers of the 1950s and 1960s Written by Cynthia Kirk (THEME) VOICE ONE: Im Faith Lapidus. VOICE TWO: And Im Steve Ember with PEOPLE IN AMERICA IN VOA Special English. Today we tell about jazz singer and pianist S

发表于:2019-01-02 / 阅读(44) / 评论(0) 分类 名人轶事

F.Scott Fitzgerald Wrote About the Roaring Twenties, the Greatest Party in American HistoryWritten by Richard Thorman (MUSIC) VOICE ONE: I'm Shirley Griffith. VOICE TWO: F. Scott Fitzgerald And I'm Steve Ember with the Special English program, People

发表于:2019-01-02 / 阅读(77) / 评论(0) 分类 名人轶事

Percival Lowell's Work Led to the Discovery of the Planet PlutoWritten by Mario Ritter (THEME) VOICE ONE: Im Mary Tillotson. VOICE TWO: And Im Bob Doughty with the VOA Special English program People in America. Today, we tell about Percival Lowell wh

发表于:2019-01-02 / 阅读(37) / 评论(0) 分类 名人轶事

Janis Joplin: One of the Most Famous Voices in American Rock Music Written by Dana Demange (MUSIC) VOICE ONE: Im Pat Bodnar. VOICE TWO: Janis Joplin And Im Bob Doughty with People in America in VOA Special English. Today, we tell about Janis Joplin.

发表于:2019-01-02 / 阅读(34) / 评论(0) 分类 名人轶事

Duke Ellington: One of the Most Popular Musicians of the Twentieth Century Written by Paul Thompson (THEME) VOICE ONE: I'm Richard Rael. VOICE TWO: And I'm Ray Freeman with the VOA Special English program, People in America. Every week we tell about

发表于:2019-01-02 / 阅读(41) / 评论(0) 分类 名人轶事

Todd Duncan Broke Race Barriers with MusicWritten by Jerilyn Watson (MUSIC) VOICE ONE: I'm Shirley Griffith. VOICE TWO: And I'm Rich Kleinfeldt with the VOA Special English program, PEOPLE IN AMERICA. Today we tell the story of Todd Duncan -- a conce

发表于:2019-01-02 / 阅读(40) / 评论(0) 分类 名人轶事

Roberto Clemente: The first Latino Player Honored in the Baseball Hall of Fame VOICE ONE: I'm Steve Ember. VOICE TWO: Roberto Clemente And I'm Faith Lapidus with People in America in VOA Special English. Today, we tell about Roberto Clemente. He was

发表于:2019-01-02 / 阅读(48) / 评论(0) 分类 名人轶事

Jacob Riis: A Reporter and Writer Who Worked to Make New York City a Better Place for the Poor Written by Herbert Sutcliffe VOICE ONE: I'm Shirley Griffith. VOICE TWO: And I'm Ray Freeman with the VOA Special English program, People in America. Jacob

发表于:2019-01-02 / 阅读(25) / 评论(0) 分类 名人轶事

Helen Keller, 1880-1968:'I Try to Make the Light in Others' Eyes My Sun' Second of two parts about the life story of the famed activist for the disabled. VOICE ONE: I'm Ray Freeman. VOICE TWO: And I'm Shirley Griffith with People in America - a progr

发表于:2019-01-02 / 阅读(113) / 评论(0) 分类 名人轶事