I refuse to accept this.I believe that man will not merely endure: he will prevail. 我拒绝接受这一观点。我相信人类不只是承受,人类将会战胜一切。 He is immortal, not because he has a soul, a spirit capable of compassion a

发表于:2018-12-05 / 阅读(28) / 评论(0) 分类 历史英雄名人演讲

THE NAUGHTY BOY Along time ago, there lived an old poet, a thoroughly kind old poet. As he was sitting one evening in his room, a dreadful storm arose without, and the rain streamed down from heaven; but the old poet sat warm and comfortable in his c

发表于:2018-12-06 / 阅读(90) / 评论(0) 分类 安徒生童话

Xu Zhimo, the Romantic Poet 浪漫诗人徐志摩 Xu Zhimo (January 15,1897-November 19,1931) born in a town called Xia shi in Zhejiang province, was an early 20th century Chinese famous poet, who dedicated his life to the develepment of literatu

发表于:2018-12-18 / 阅读(53) / 评论(0) 分类 走进剑桥大学

bard, [bɑ:d] n 吟游诗人(凯尔特族的诗人,自编自唱酋长和英雄的传奇业绩);抒情诗人=poet 【例】the Bard (of Avon) 莎翁(莎士比亚的别称) 【记】读:吧哒-马蹄的声音。吟游诗人一般就是骑

发表于:2018-12-30 / 阅读(34) / 评论(0) 分类 不择手段背单词

A Treasure Ship Captain 郑和下西洋 ── 三保太监的不朽航程 Early in the 15th century, a huge fleet of ships set sail from Nanjing. It was the first of a series of voyages that would, for a brief period, establish China as the leading

发表于:2019-01-02 / 阅读(28) / 评论(0) 分类 双语有声阅读

A certain amount of care or pain or trouble is necessary for every man at all times .A ship without a ballast is unstable and will not go straight. (Arthur Schopenhauer. Geman philosopher) 一定的忧愁

发表于:2019-01-03 / 阅读(37) / 评论(0) 分类 英文名句短语

诗人苏黑尔哈马德朗诵了两首令人激动的诗:我要和打破(集束炸弹) -- 对战争与和平,女人与权力的沉思。等着那句惊人的语句:不要害怕已经爆炸的。如果一定要怕,那就害怕还没有引爆

发表于:2019-01-05 / 阅读(385) / 评论(0) 分类 TED公开课:和平使者

I asked nothing, only stood at the edge of the wood behind the tree. 我一无所求,只站在林边树后。 Languor was still upon the eyes of the dawn, and the dew in the air. 倦意还逗留在黎明的眼上,露润在空气里。 The laz

发表于:2019-01-16 / 阅读(47) / 评论(0) 分类 英语美文

Absence to love is what wind is to fire. It extinguishes the small; it inflames the great. (Roger de Bussy-Rabutin, French writer) 离别之于爱情好比风之于火,它能将小火熄灭,使大火熊熊燃烧。(法国作家 比西-拉比旦

发表于:2019-01-17 / 阅读(52) / 评论(0) 分类 英语美文

Obituary;Sergei Mikhalkov; 讣告;谢尔盖米哈尔科夫; Sergei Mikhalkov, the Kremlin's court poet, died on August 27th, aged 96; 克里姆林宫的宫廷诗人谢尔盖米哈尔科夫于8月27日辞世,享年96岁; Talent without f

发表于:2019-01-26 / 阅读(42) / 评论(0) 分类 经济学人人物系列

Whenever he felt his temper rising, he slowly recited the alphabet in his head, and by the time he had reached the end he had calmed down. 每逢他发怒时,他便总是默默诵读字母顺序,这会花去他的一些时间,然后他又头脑清

发表于:2019-01-29 / 阅读(38) / 评论(0) 分类 世界小史

一、疑问代词的用法 疑问代词(who, whom, whose, which, what等)在句中可用作主语、表语、宾语、定语等: Who is your English teacher? 你们的英语老师是谁? Whose is this umbrella? 这伞是谁的? Whose umbrella is t

发表于:2019-02-04 / 阅读(33) / 评论(0) 分类 英文语法词汇

中国古代诗歌是一个抒情诗(lyric)传统而非史诗或叙事诗传统,最早的美学提供者主张知者不言,言者不知(老子),要求不着一字,尽得风流(司空图),认为诗不涉理路(严羽),迥然不同于西方自

发表于:2019-02-09 / 阅读(27) / 评论(0) 分类 英语笔译

-- As a lily among brambles so is my love among maidens. As an apple tree among the trees of the wood, so is my beloved among young men. from the Song of Solomon in Bible (tenth century B.C.) 我的佳偶在女子中,好像百合花在荆棘内。(夫

发表于:2019-02-13 / 阅读(35) / 评论(0) 分类 实用英语

ChopinThe Beautiful Soul of Music 钢琴诗人肖邦 Can Frederic Chopin, who wrote no symphonies, no operas, and no string quartets, who wrote only for the piano, be considered one of the greatest classical composers of all time? Instrument makers a

发表于:2019-02-13 / 阅读(25) / 评论(0) 分类 英语美文

James Blunt 欢快新单《Heart To Heart》!上尉诗人欢快旋律的新单《Heart To Heart》的感觉就是这样怦怦跳的声音。这个很累的时代,需要这样轻快的歌曲。 歌词: There are times when I don't know where I s

发表于:2019-02-17 / 阅读(73) / 评论(0) 分类 流行英文歌曲

I never saw that you did painting need 从来不觉得你需要画眉敷粉, And therefore to your fair no painting set; 所以我从来不往你脸上贴金; I found, or thought I found, you did exceed The barren tender of a poet's debt; 我发现

发表于:2019-02-24 / 阅读(95) / 评论(0) 分类 莎士比亚十四行诗全集

How can my Muse want subject to invent, 我的诗神岂会缺乏诗材与诗思, While thou dost breathe, that pour'st into my verse 只要你活着,你自己就是甜美的主题。 Thine own sweet argument, too excellent for every vulgar paper

发表于:2019-02-24 / 阅读(143) / 评论(0) 分类 莎士比亚十四行诗全集

If thou survive my well-contented day, 如果你的寿限长过我坦然面对的天命之数, When that churl Death my bones with dust shall cover, 当无情的死神掩埋我的尸骨于一抔黄土, And shalt by fortune once more re-survey 而你

发表于:2019-02-24 / 阅读(220) / 评论(0) 分类 莎士比亚十四行诗全集

Sylvia Plath 美国艾诗人 Sylvia Plath was an American poet, novelist, children's author, and short story author. Known primarily for her poetry, Plath also wrote a semi-autobiographical novel, The Bell Jar, under the pseudonym Victoria Lucas. Pla

发表于:2019-02-26 / 阅读(64) / 评论(0) 分类 走进剑桥大学