13. essay n.短文,散文,小品文 essence n. 1.本质,实质 2.精华,精粹 essential a.必要的,本质的 establish vt.建立,设立;确立 establishment n. 建立,确定,建立的机构 estate n.房地产;财产,产业 estimat

发表于:2018-12-01 / 阅读(94) / 评论(0) 分类 《四级词汇 词根+联想-记忆法-》

My Pain 我的痛苦 I have told you, reader, that I had learnt to love Mr.Rochester: I could not unlove him now, vent('merely',event)merely because I found that he had vent('cease',event)ceased to notice mebecause I might pass hours in his presence,

发表于:2018-12-02 / 阅读(72) / 评论(0) 分类 初学者听力文摘精选

Friday 星期五 When the three persons came to the creek, I found that two of them could swim, but the third could not, and that, standing on the other side,he looked at the others, but went no farther, and soon after went softly back again; which

发表于:2018-12-02 / 阅读(45) / 评论(0) 分类 初学者听力文摘精选

The Old Man and the Sea 老人与海 The sun rose thinly from the sea and the old man could see the other boats, low on the water and well in toward the shore, spread out across the current. Then the sun was brighter and the glare came on the water a

发表于:2018-12-02 / 阅读(82) / 评论(0) 分类 初学者听力文摘精选

The School 学校 Yes, study comes hard to you, my dear Enrico, as your mother says. I do not yet see you set out for school with that resolute mind and that smiling face which I should like. You are still intractable. But listen; reflect a little! W

发表于:2018-12-02 / 阅读(76) / 评论(0) 分类 初学者听力文摘精选

But even this was not enough to satisfy the desire of Genghis Khan. He wanted something more, something his army could not give him, which is why in 1222, this man traveled towards Genghis Khan's cour

发表于:2018-12-07 / 阅读(50) / 评论(0) 分类 成吉思汗

奥林匹克圣歌(Olympic Anthem)1896年在雅典第1届奥运会的开幕式上,国王乔治一世宣布奥运会开幕以后,合唱队唱起了一首庄严而动听的歌曲《奥林匹克圣

发表于:2018-12-08 / 阅读(39) / 评论(0) 分类 奥运英语

双语美文欣赏 What If Dogs Think We Are Immortal? 如果在狗狗眼里,人类是不老的神会怎么样? Someone posted that concept on Tumblr, and the responses that came in brought tears to my eyes. 有人把这个想法分享在Tumblr上,

发表于:2018-12-18 / 阅读(44) / 评论(0) 分类 112 The Ghost in the First Row

Queen: Mirror,mirror, on the wall, who is the fairest of them all? Mirror: My queen, on this day, one has come of age①, fairer even than you.She is the reason your powers wane②. Queen:Who is it? Mirror:Snow White. Queen: Snow White?She is my undo

发表于:2018-12-28 / 阅读(41) / 评论(0) 分类 跟着美剧练发音

A dream of immortality 成为不朽的梦想 It is only too easy to consider yourself immortal after you have imbibed rather too freely. This is the cautionary tale of jimmy anderson. Anderson started out on his alcoholic binges at quite an early age. Almo

发表于:2018-12-30 / 阅读(35) / 评论(0) 分类 胡敏托福词汇记单词

诗人Rives 用一段8分钟的抒情折纸,将一系列历史的巧合折叠到最让人震惊的一刻:凌晨4点。

发表于:2019-01-05 / 阅读(224) / 评论(0) 分类 TED公开课:会心一笑

A great poem is a fountain forever overflowing with the waters of wisdomand delight. (P. B. Shelley , British poet )伟大的诗篇即是永远喷出智慧和欢欣之水的喷泉。(英国诗人 雪莱. P. B)A novel is a mirror walking along a main

发表于:2019-01-08 / 阅读(102) / 评论(0) 分类 励志英语

Centuries - Fall Out Boy Some legends are told 一些被诉说的传奇 Some turn to dust or to gold 有些沦为灰烬 有些变为不朽 But you will remember me 但你会记得我 Remember me, for centuries 铭记我 几个世纪 Just one mistake 只

发表于:2019-01-10 / 阅读(41) / 评论(0) 分类 2015最新精选英文歌曲

Three Shadows I looked and saw your eyes In the shadow of your hair As a traveller sees the stream In the shadow of the wood; And I said, My faint heart sighs Ah me! To linger there, To drink deep and to dream In that sweet solitude. I looked and saw

发表于:2019-01-30 / 阅读(29) / 评论(0) 分类 双语有声阅读

Key Sentences(重点句子) 590.Have you got any idea where you would like to go this summer? 你打算今年夏天去哪儿休假? 591.I was thinking I might travel to Hangzhou. 我一直打算去杭州度假。 592.I don't think it's a

发表于:2019-02-07 / 阅读(62) / 评论(0) 分类 实用英语

Look not in my eyes, for fear They mirror true the sight I see, And there you find your face too clear And love it and be lost like me, One the long nights through must lie Spent in star-defeated sighs, But why should you as well as I Perish? gaze no

发表于:2019-02-18 / 阅读(53) / 评论(0) 分类 阅读空间

名人名言-文化 A great poem is a fountain forever overflowing with the waters of wisdom and delight (P.B.Shelley, British poet) 伟大的诗篇即是永远喷出智慧和欢欣之水的喷泉。(英国诗人 雪莱 P B) A novel is a mirror walki

发表于:2019-02-18 / 阅读(33) / 评论(0) 分类 阅读空间

Dear diary, I'm not a believer. People are born, they grow old, and then they die. Thats the world we live in.There's no magic, no mysticism, no immortality. There's nothing that defies rational thought. People are supposed to be who they say they a

发表于:2019-02-23 / 阅读(37) / 评论(0) 分类 跟着美剧练发音

台湾籍旅美老师今天交给我们的句子是: Thinking about death has made me a more present human being because it's a constant reminder that tomorrow is not a guarantee. It makes me want to be a more compassionate and giving person becaus

发表于:2019-03-04 / 阅读(91) / 评论(0) 分类 留美老师带你每日说英文

A Great Man Teacher: Would Shakespeare be a great man if he were still alive today? Student: Of course. He must be a great man, for so far nobody has lived to over 400 years. 一名伟人 老师:如果莎士比亚还活着,他会是一名伟人吗?

发表于:2019-03-11 / 阅读(182) / 评论(0) 分类 趣味英语