Five High School Students Named 2018 National Student Poets Five American teenagers were officially named the 2018 National Student Poets on Thursday at a ceremony in Washington, D.C. The award is the highest honor for young poets in the United State

发表于:2018-12-01 / 阅读(99) / 评论(0) 分类 2018年VOA慢速英语(八)月

Admonish your friends privately, but praise them openly. 要私下告诫朋友,但是要公开夸奖朋友 。 Publius Syrus, Syrian Latin writer 普布利乌斯赛勒斯,叙利亚拉丁语作家 Depth of friendship does not depend on length of a

发表于:2018-12-03 / 阅读(30) / 评论(0) 分类 英文格言警句

Friendship is love without his wings. 友谊是没有羽翼的爱。 George G. Byron, English poet 乔治G拜伦,英国诗人 A faithful friend is the medicine of life. 忠实的朋友是人生的良药。 William Shakespeare, British dramatist 威廉

发表于:2018-12-03 / 阅读(29) / 评论(0) 分类 英文格言警句

Love conquers all things. 爱能战胜一切。 Virgil, ancient Roman poet 维吉尔,古罗马诗人 The heart is not conquered by force, but by love and tolerance. 心不是靠武力征服,而是靠爱和宽容大度征服。 Spinoza, Dutch phil

发表于:2018-12-03 / 阅读(69) / 评论(0) 分类 英文格言警句

You smiled and talked to me of nothing and I felt that for this I had been waiting long. 你微微地笑着,不同我说什么话。而我觉得,为了这个,我已等待很久了。 Tagore, India poet 泰戈尔,印度诗人 I love you not be

发表于:2018-12-03 / 阅读(68) / 评论(0) 分类 英文格言警句

William Wordsworth 湖畔诗人华玆华斯[qh]Wordsworth was one of the most influential of England's Romantic poets. 华兹华斯是最有影响力的英格兰浪漫主义诗人之一。 William Wordsworth was bom on 7 April 1770 at Cockermouth in

发表于:2018-12-18 / 阅读(28) / 评论(0) 分类 走进剑桥大学

John Milton 失明诗人弥尔顿 One of the greatest poets of the English language, John Milton, is best-known for his epic poem Paradise Lost. Mihons powerful prose and poetry had an immense influence especially on the 18th-century verse. Besides p

发表于:2018-12-18 / 阅读(40) / 评论(0) 分类 走进剑桥大学

11. On His Blindness 哀失明 --John Milton 英文原文: When I consider how my light is spent E're half my days, in this dark world and wide, And that one Talent which is death to hide, Lodg'd with me useless, though my Soul more bent To serve t

发表于:2018-12-28 / 阅读(36) / 评论(0) 分类 陈冠商英语背诵文选合集

If you shed tears when you miss the sun, you also miss the stars. 如果你因失去了太阳而流泪,那么你也失去了群星。 Tagore,Indian poet 泰戈尔,印度诗人 Let life be beautiful like summer flowers and death like autumn leaves

发表于:2018-12-28 / 阅读(58) / 评论(0) 分类 英文格言警句

模仿文本:I think we haven't seen a petition like this, particularly from writers and poets in Iran who were amongst some of the most oppressed sections of the Iranian society. I suspect the petition itself has got something to do with the fact

发表于:2018-12-28 / 阅读(28) / 评论(0) 分类 英音模仿秀

「英文学习笔记」 part vt. 分开 cape n. 海角,岬 rim n. 边缘 straight adj. 直的,直率的 path n. 道路,途径 「中英文诗词对照」 Parting at Morning Round the cape of a sudden came the sea And the sun looked over the mo

发表于:2018-12-28 / 阅读(21) / 评论(0) 分类 早安英文

A great poem is a fountain forever overflowing with the waters of wisdom and delight (P.B.Shelley, British poet) 伟大的诗篇即是永远喷出智慧和欢欣之水的喷泉。(英国诗人 雪莱

发表于:2019-01-03 / 阅读(30) / 评论(0) 分类 英文名句短语

I was in the darkness waiting to be found my heart was locked away and beaten to the ground tried to find my way but there was no way out but when youre close to me, whenever youre around you take the pain away, you make it worth the wait and I pray

发表于:2019-01-10 / 阅读(31) / 评论(0) 分类 英文最新流行歌曲

上尉诗人James Blunt专辑《So Far Gone》!在经历了Back to Bedlam的疯狂爆火时期后,上尉诗人James Blunt的成绩逐渐趋向平庸。 Tell me the wars you're fighting Behind the smile you're hiding All the things I know you want

发表于:2019-01-10 / 阅读(33) / 评论(0) 分类 英文好歌推荐-百听不厌的英文歌曲

White House Celebration Honors Student Poets 奥巴马夫人在白宫为学生诗人颁奖 The American poet Carl Sandburg once said, Poetry is an echo, asking a shadow to dance. Recently five young people were named to lead that dance for the next y

发表于:2019-01-12 / 阅读(127) / 评论(0) 分类 2016年VOA慢速英语(九)月

❤ 模仿文本:The manuscript may have been preserved in Bavaria, but the individual poems come from all over Europe it seems. Who wrote them? Mainly itinerant students and monks with a taste for satirising the church, although there're a few nam

发表于:2019-01-24 / 阅读(33) / 评论(0) 分类 英音模仿秀

First female Poet Laureate named 第一位女性桂冠诗人 Carol Ann Duffy has been named as the new Poet Laureate, the first woman to be appointed in the 341-year history of the post. Duffy, 53, who takes over immediately from Andrew Motion and wil

发表于:2019-01-30 / 阅读(52) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻

音乐咖啡厅:钢琴诗人Daniel Powter(Best Of Me) Artist:Daniel Powter Song:Best Of Me I wasn't mean the wrong way 我并不想走上错误的道路 won't you do me the right way 你会为我指明方向吗? where you gonna be tonight 今夜你

发表于:2019-02-18 / 阅读(96) / 评论(0) 分类 音乐咖啡厅

We stay in Scotland for todays podcast. We are going to meet a man called William Topaz McGonagall. Most people agree that he was the worst poet ever in the English language. He was born in 1825. His father was a cotton weaver, who had to move from t

发表于:2019-02-19 / 阅读(40) / 评论(0) 分类 听播客学英语

从很多年前那首《You're Beautiful》,《Dangerous》到现在这首《Bonfire Heart》,上尉诗人充满磁性的嗓音总是会带给我们无限美好的遐想,其形象不断变化,越来越年轻化,生动化,从之前那个大胡

发表于:2019-02-25 / 阅读(47) / 评论(0) 分类 流行英文歌曲