A: Can you believe that Obama was actually elected? B: I can believe it, and I am very excited about it. A: I hope you voted for him. B: Of course I did. Didnt you? A: Of course! B: I have total faith in Obama as our President. A: You do? B: Yeah. I

发表于:2018-12-02 / 阅读(53) / 评论(0) 分类 英语情景对话-选举

Good customer service is essential to success in any industry, but it is particularly important in the service and hospitality sector. Hospitality means treating guests well; and here, were talking specifically about hotels. Because service is so vit

发表于:2018-12-05 / 阅读(92) / 评论(0) 分类 商务电话英语

May called her mom. Her mom lived in China. China was far away. Her mom was 50 years old. Her mom had many friends. But she missed her daughter. May lived in America. She was a waitress. She was a waitress in a restaurant. It was a Chinese restaurant

发表于:2018-12-18 / 阅读(72) / 评论(0) 分类 超级简单英语阅读

World Freedom Day is a celebration started by former U.S. President George W. Bush. It commemorates the fall of the Berlin Wall in 1989. The tearing down of the Berlin Wall was the beginning of the end for communist rule in many parts of Europe. Bush

发表于:2018-12-29 / 阅读(28) / 评论(0) 分类 英语课程学习计划和讲义

by Michael W. Flynn First, a disclaimer: Although I am an attorney, the legal information in this podcast is not intended to be a substitute for seeking personalized legal advice from an attorney licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Further, I

发表于:2018-12-30 / 阅读(40) / 评论(0) 分类 法律英语 Legal Lad

by Michael W. Flynn First, a disclaimer: Although I am an attorney, the legal information in this podcast is not intended to be a substitute for seeking personalized legal advice from an attorney licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Further, I

发表于:2018-12-30 / 阅读(27) / 评论(0) 分类 法律英语 Legal Lad

VOICE ONE: I'm Steve Ember. VOICE TWO: And Im Barbara Klein with People in America in VOA Special English. Today we tell about Aaron Copland, one of Americas best modern music composers. (MUSIC) VOICE ONE: Aaron Copland wrote many kinds of music. He

发表于:2019-01-02 / 阅读(38) / 评论(0) 分类 名人轶事

Jason read the news. He watched the news. He listened to the news. The swine flu was coming. The swine flu was dangerous. The swine flu was a killer. It killed people. Everyone should get a shot. Jason was not worried about the swine flu. He was heal

发表于:2019-01-02 / 阅读(35) / 评论(0) 分类 简单慢速英语阅读

Steven from Katy, Texas, asked me how to write a good blog comment, and I thought it was a great topic I haven't seen covered anywhere. I don't know any bloggers who don't crave comments, but there are many more places than blogs that you can leave c

发表于:2019-01-02 / 阅读(50) / 评论(0) 分类 英语语法 Grammar Girl

发表于:2019-01-02 / 阅读(53) / 评论(0) 分类 英文笑话

ENVIRONMENT REPORT - November 22, 2002: Compromise on U.S. Navy Sonar By Cynthia Kirk This is the VOA Special English ENVIRONMENT REPORT. The United States Navy has agreed to temporarily limit testing

发表于:2019-01-02 / 阅读(70) / 评论(0) 分类 健康与环境

EDUCATION REPORT – June 6, 2002: Geography Competition By Jerilyn Watson This is the VOA Special English Education Report. The National Geographic Society is a private organization that studies and

发表于:2019-01-07 / 阅读(55) / 评论(0) 分类 教育与新闻

Colombia captures top drug lord(毒枭) 哥伦比亚抓获顶级毒枭 Daniel Rendon Herrera is now in the custody of (在。。。监护下)Colombian authorities Colombian authorities have arrested the country's most wanted drug lord, the government has said. Dan

发表于:2019-01-07 / 阅读(51) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻

AMERICAN MOSAIC -August 23, 2002: Tom Cruise in ''Minority Report'' / South of the Border / A Question About the Rock Group R.E.M. HOST: Welcome to AMERICAN MOSAIC — VOA’s radio magazine in Specia

发表于:2019-01-09 / 阅读(107) / 评论(0) 分类 American Mosaic

USAID Administrator Rajiv Shah (r) and Richard Holbrooke, Special Representative for Afghanistan and Pakistan, testify on Capitol Hill in Washington, 28 Jul 2010 A vote by the House of Representatives on emergency funding for the war in Afghanistan h

发表于:2019-01-13 / 阅读(40) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2010年(七)月

Robots Help US Manufacturers Compete With China In what may be the beginning of a new trend in American manufacturing, Sunit Saxena recently moved his production operation from China to the United States. Just like everyone else we started in China b

发表于:2019-01-14 / 阅读(33) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2013年(二月)

By Paula Wolfson Washington 05 September 2006 George W. Bush President Bush is defending his handling of the war on terror as the fifth anniversary of the September 11, 2001 terrorist attacks on the United States rapidly approaches. Mr. Bush says th

发表于:2019-01-22 / 阅读(159) / 评论(0) 分类 2006年VOA标准英语(九月)

今天我们要学的词是commanding。 Commanding, 做为形容词,有占据主导地位的意思。 Our team holds a commanding edge in the shooting percentage, 我们队在投球命中率上占优势。在美国加州州长竞选中, Democrat

发表于:2019-01-31 / 阅读(35) / 评论(0) 分类 英语每日一词

Tom: Jess, you were talking before about mistakes that your Hungarian students always made, and how some students from the same country all make the same mistakes again and again and again. Well, I work here in Thailand and they have a very cute phra

发表于:2019-02-08 / 阅读(43) / 评论(0) 分类 原版英语对话1000个

SAN JOSE, Dec. 26 (Xinhua) -- Colombian cyclist Marlon Perez Wednesday won the ninth stage of Costa Rica's International Cycling Tour, while his compatriot Oscar Sanchez held the general leadership. The Wednesday stage was a 143.9-kilometer travel be

发表于:2019-02-09 / 阅读(300) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻