Hotel 旅馆 6. Complaint 抱怨 Hotel Manager: Im Miss Sherman. What seems to be the problem? 我是Sherman小姐,有什么问题吗? Guest: Well, apparently Ive run up quite a bill. I was under the impression that the Junior Executive Holiday P

发表于:2018-11-30 / 阅读(75) / 评论(0) 分类 新东方口语商务与个人

From NPR News in Washington, I'm Lakshmi Singh. NATO is confirming the death of another soldier in Afghanistan, bringing the number of fatalities to 13 since an anti-Taliban offensive was launched in Marjah, Afghanistan over a week ago. General David

发表于:2018-12-02 / 阅读(55) / 评论(0) 分类 2010年NPR美国国家公共电台2月

Romans 罗马书_Ro_11 1I ask then: Did God reject his people? By no means! I am an Israelite myself, a descendant of Abraham, from the tribe of Benjamin. 2God did not reject his people, whom he foreknew. Don't you know what the Scripture says in the p

发表于:2018-12-05 / 阅读(58) / 评论(0) 分类 罗马书

Romans 罗马书_Ro_16 1I commend to you our sister Phoebe, a servant of the church in Cenchrea. 2I ask you to receive her in the Lord in a way worthy of the saints and to give her any help she may need from you, for she has been a great help to many p

发表于:2018-12-05 / 阅读(29) / 评论(0) 分类 罗马书

AGRICULTURE REPORT -January 8, 2002: Composting By Gary Garriott This is the VOA Special English AGRICULTURE REPORT. Many farmers around the world are composting to improve their soil so they can prod

发表于:2018-12-07 / 阅读(28) / 评论(0) 分类 农业与发展

Freedom is a funny thing. It seems to mean different things in different countries. People in my country say they have freedom, but I dont think so. We have to go to school, we have to pay tax, we have to work, we have to do lots of things. Thats not

发表于:2018-12-26 / 阅读(28) / 评论(0) 分类 纯正英语一分钟

President Anderson, members of the faculty, board of trustees, distinguished guests, my old colleague, Senator Bob Byrd, who has earned his degree through many years of attending night law school, while I am earning mine in the next 30 minutes, dist

发表于:2018-12-30 / 阅读(45) / 评论(0) 分类 名人演讲

I love my mom. She took care of me when I was very young. She took care of me when I was sick. She taught me how to read. She taught me how to get dressed. She taught me how to button my shirt. She taught me how to tie my shoes. She taught me how to

发表于:2019-01-02 / 阅读(59) / 评论(0) 分类 简单慢速英语阅读

By Mignon Fogarty Today I'll explain the difference between dashes, commas, and parentheses. Stever Robbins, the host of the Get-It-Done Guy podcast, has been writing a book, and his birthday is today. He told me that his birthday wish would be for m

发表于:2019-01-02 / 阅读(54) / 评论(0) 分类 英语语法 Grammar Girl

Brain-Computer Interfaces Could Mean More Freedom for the Disabled This is the VOA Special English Technology Report. Since the nineteen seventies, scientists have been searching for ways to link the brain with computers. Brain-computer interface, or

发表于:2019-01-12 / 阅读(51) / 评论(0) 分类 2011年VOA慢速英语(四)月

A: George, is your chicken OK? B: It tastes great, but it is really dry. Is your fish all right? A: My fish is very dry. B: I wonder if they left it sitting around too long before they served it. A: That's exactly what I was thinking had happened. B:

发表于:2019-01-15 / 阅读(110) / 评论(0) 分类 英语情景对话-餐厅

A: Hey George, how is your chicken? B: My chicken tastes all right, but it is pretty dry. How is your fish? A: My fish is pretty dry too. B: It's almost as if this food has been sitting a little too long. It doesn't seem fresh. A: Yes, it seems that

发表于:2019-01-15 / 阅读(121) / 评论(0) 分类 英语情景对话-餐厅

As predicted, violence ahead of Iraq's October 15 national referendum on the draft constitution is rising, with more than 110 people killed and as many wounded in car bombings since late Thursday. Wednesday's attack in Tal Afar, carried out by the fi

发表于:2019-01-19 / 阅读(47) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA双语新闻 Bilingual News

By Elizabeth Carlassare. Todays topic is compound interest. Albert Einstein is often quoted as having said something to the effect that compound interest is the greatest wonder of the universe. Its an urban legend, but it packs some punch! In todays

发表于:2019-01-30 / 阅读(112) / 评论(0) 分类 货币英语

BOB DOUGHTY: Welcome to THIS IS AMERICA in VOA Special English. I'm Bob Doughty. BARBARA KLEIN: And I'm Barbara Klein. The United States has thousands of ghost towns. These are communities that once were successful but all the population moved to oth

发表于:2019-01-31 / 阅读(48) / 评论(0) 分类 2010年慢速英语(二)月

Can't Fight The Moonlight Under a lover's sky I'm gonna be with you And no one's gonna be around If you think that you won't fall Well just wait until, 'till the sun goes down Underneath the starlight starlight There's a magical feeling so right It w

发表于:2019-02-06 / 阅读(53) / 评论(0) 分类 好听的英文歌曲

Former Massachusetts Governor Mitt Romney took a major step Tuesday toward winning the Republican Partys presidential nomination with a convincing victory in the New Hampshire presidential primary. Romney easily defeated five Republican rivals one we

发表于:2019-02-07 / 阅读(57) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻

Romney Seeks to Build on Debate Performance WASHINGTON Republican presidential candidate Mitt Romney is looking to build political momentum after his strong debate performance Wednesday against the man he would like to replace in November, President

发表于:2019-02-11 / 阅读(64) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻

Romney Begins Post-Convention Presidential Campaign U.S. Republican presidential nominee Mitt Romney headed out on the campaign trail Friday, with a renewed attack on what he said were the failures of President Barack Obama in trying to boost the cou

发表于:2019-02-18 / 阅读(36) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻

Juan Manuel Santos, candidate(候选人) for the ruling Social Party of National Unity, was elected Sunday new president of Colombia for the term 2010-2014. Santos, the candidate of the ruling Social Party of National Unity (U) defeated his rival can

发表于:2019-02-20 / 阅读(207) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻