competition and cooperation Competition is a common phenomenon in our society, we compete when we play games; we compete in our study and we constantly compete for jobs, customers and profit, etc. We can say that competition is the one of the motives

发表于:2018-11-28 / 阅读(158) / 评论(0) 分类 疯狂英语易背作文

A: Have you ever done your shopping at Whole Foods market? B: I haven't shopped there. How is the food? A: The food there is wonderful. B: I go to Vons for my groceries. A: I prefer the food at Whole Foods. B: Is there something wrong with Vons? A: V

发表于:2018-12-02 / 阅读(46) / 评论(0) 分类 英语情景对话-食物

This is the second in a two-part Business English Podcast series on handling angry customers on the telephone. In todays show well be looking at how to resolve the customers complaint. First a quick review: In part one we learned the first three step

发表于:2018-12-05 / 阅读(84) / 评论(0) 分类 商务电话英语

Freedom parrot 呼喊自由的鹦鹉 A man, a great man, a fighter for freedom was traveling in the mountains. He stayed in a caravans① for the night. He was amazed that in the caravans there was a beautiful parrot in a golden cage, continually rep

发表于:2018-12-06 / 阅读(215) / 评论(0) 分类 傲慢与偏见.Pride.and.Prejudice

Today we're going to focus on that better writing part with a show about how to write a better complaint letter. Negotiation If you usually start letters of complaint with Dear Stupid-head and end them with Threateningly yours, they may not be as eff

发表于:2018-12-07 / 阅读(44) / 评论(0) 分类 英语语法 Grammar Girl

Grammar Girl here. Todays topic is the complex-compound sentence. Guest writer Sal Glynn writes: Most writers worth their fingertip calluses begin as avid readers. We read books, magazines, and websites indiscriminately until we start to notice the w

发表于:2018-12-07 / 阅读(74) / 评论(0) 分类 英语语法 Grammar Girl

It was early morning, January 17, 1994. John Evans and his wife were asleep in their house in Northridge, California. Suddenly, the loudest thunder theyd ever heard seemed to explode right out of the ceiling, the floor, and the walls. They were throw

发表于:2018-12-11 / 阅读(70) / 评论(0) 分类 原版英文小故事

The sinks were leaking. David looked in the local paper and saw an ad for Toby the handyman. David left a message on the answering machine. Two days later, he called again. He told Toby that he had left a message two days ago. Toby apologized. He sai

发表于:2018-12-31 / 阅读(63) / 评论(0) 分类 365个英语简短小故事

by Jason Marshall Weve spent the last few articles building our numerical vocabulary from the ground up. Today, were going to talk about something that sounds hard, but is actually pretty easy...and very useful too: the commutative property of additi

发表于:2019-01-02 / 阅读(121) / 评论(0) 分类 数学英语

Alan Silverman A youth counselor's real-life experience with teenagers and high school social circles forms the basis of a wickedly witty new comedy film starring Lindsay Lohan and written by Tina Fey

发表于:2019-01-03 / 阅读(55) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA2004(上)--艺术专集

By Phuong Tran Dakar 02 January 2007 Some Muslims without enough money to make the once-in-a-lifetime Passengers pack belongings for trip home pilgrimage to Mecca, in Saudi Arabia, travel to their home villages to celebrate the holiday of Eid al-Adh

发表于:2019-01-07 / 阅读(67) / 评论(0) 分类 2007年VOA标准英语(一月)

US Composer Puts 9/11 Tragedy to Music Over the past five decades, American composer Steve Reich created and honed a recognizable style that has made him one of today's top American composers. In the process he has helped propel so-called minimalist

发表于:2019-01-14 / 阅读(63) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2011年(五月)

Zimbabwe to Award 2 Commercial Radio Licenses The Zimbabwe Broadcasting Authority has held the first of four public hearings to scrutinize applications for two commercial radio licenses. But there are concerns the licenses have already been awarded t

发表于:2019-01-14 / 阅读(50) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2011年(十月)

A: What a wonderful dinner! B: Thank you. I am glad that you are enjoying it. A: Where did you get your fantastic recipes? B: I grew up cooking. My mother shared her recipes with me. A: I especially like the wonderful chicken dish. B: That is a speci

发表于:2019-01-15 / 阅读(129) / 评论(0) 分类 英语情景对话-餐厅

A: I really love this meal. B: Thanks. I was hoping that you would all enjoy this meal. A: Where did you learn to cook these amazing dishes? B: I got a really wonderful cookbook for my birthday and decided to try out a few of the recipes. A: The chic

发表于:2019-01-15 / 阅读(125) / 评论(0) 分类 英语情景对话-餐厅

By Andrew Horowitz. Today on MoneyGirl, we will take a look at the seven most common mistakes investors make and the lessons that we can be learn from them. Several listeners have written in and asked how to avoid the most common new-investor misstep

发表于:2019-02-04 / 阅读(172) / 评论(0) 分类 货币英语

今天我们要学的词是commute。 Commute, 有减刑的意思。The inmate's sentence was commuted from death to life imprisonment, 意思是这名囚犯从死刑被减为无期徒刑。美国副总统切尼的前办公室主任利比今年三月因

发表于:2019-02-05 / 阅读(62) / 评论(0) 分类 英语单词荟萃

Aid Groups Advocate Solution to Decades-Old Warehousing of Refugees Laurel Bowman | Washington 07 April 2010 Worldwide, large numbers people have crossed borders, becoming refugees More than 10 million people worldwide have crossed borders, becoming

发表于:2019-02-06 / 阅读(42) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2010年(四)月

Dennis: I just got a new sales job and Im going to be making a bundle. Irene: What kind of job is it? Dennis: Ill be working strictly on commission. The more I sell, the more I earn. Its a great opportunity for someone with my talents in sales. Irene

发表于:2019-02-17 / 阅读(26) / 评论(0) 分类 地道美语播客

Obama, Romney exchange barbs as jobs number improves WASHINGTON, Oct. 5 (Xinhua) -- U.S. President Barack Obama and his Republican challenger Mitt Romney intensified attacks against each other on Friday, as they reacted to a newly improved jobs numbe

发表于:2019-02-18 / 阅读(33) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻