Then I slowly saw that not only was I not free, but my brothers and sisters were not free. [00:03.08]我渐渐发现不光是我失去了自由,我的兄弟姐妹也失去了自由。 [00:06.16]I saw that it was not just my freedom that was curtail

发表于:2018-11-28 / 阅读(100) / 评论(0) 分类 零距离李阳疯狂英语口语

Beginning with the earliest pioneers, Americans have always highly valued their freedoms, and fought hard to protect them. And yet, the author points out that there is a basic freedom which Americans are in danger of losing. What is this endangered

发表于:2018-12-07 / 阅读(40) / 评论(0) 分类 英语散文阅读

阿美在古奇的鼓动下,逃课来看篮球比赛,比赛精彩吗?一起来看看吧。 Listen Read Learn May: Wow, this is drop-dead gorgeous. Gucci: So no more regret now? May: Don't remind me of that. This would be the last time I cut any c

发表于:2018-12-31 / 阅读(37) / 评论(0) 分类 英语大赢家上册

Bill told Jimi to look up at the ridge, near the park. Bill thought he saw flames. Jimi went outside with his binoculars. He could see a suspicious glow. Using the binoculars, he could see flames. God damn it! he yelled. He called Bill back. Then he

发表于:2018-12-31 / 阅读(56) / 评论(0) 分类 365个英语简短小故事

It was only three days after Thanksgiving. The Santa Ana winds had returned to Los Angeles for the weekend. Fire crews were on the alert throughout the county, ready for more fires. Just a month earlier, 20 fires had occurred throughout four southern

发表于:2018-12-31 / 阅读(60) / 评论(0) 分类 365个英语简短小故事

By Karem Said Cairo 02 January 2006 Syrian President Bashar al-Assad, left, and Vice President Abdul-Halim Khaddam (file photo) The U.N. commission investigating the February 14 murder of former Leban

发表于:2019-01-11 / 阅读(88) / 评论(0) 分类 2006年VOA标准英语(一月)

Vice President Joe Biden says the United States is committed to enforcing enhanced U.N. sanctions against North Korea, despite defiant statements from Pyongyang. Vice President Joe Biden in Washington (File) North Korea says new U.N. sanctions could

发表于:2019-01-13 / 阅读(52) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2009年(六月)

The commander of NATO military forces, General John Craddock, said the alliance must change the way it conducts operations so the next mission does not suffer the same problems as the alliance's effort in Afghanistan. NATO's top operational commande

发表于:2019-01-13 / 阅读(47) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2009年(三月)

Russia says it will send a permanent observer to the Organization of the Petroleum Exporting Countries, amid mounting concerns among producers about falling oil prices. Meanwhile OPEC ministers have decided to stick with current production levels. T

发表于:2019-01-13 / 阅读(24) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2009年(三月)

US Criticizes Sudans Bashir Over Abyei Comments The United States on Thursday criticized an assertion by Sudanese President Omar al-Bashir that Khartoum will not recognize South Sudan as independent, if it claims the disputed Abyei region. South Suda

发表于:2019-01-14 / 阅读(50) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2011年(四月)

Tim McGraw Sees 'Two Lanes of Freedom' Two Lanes of Freedom is McGraws debut album for the Nashville independent label Big Machine Records. He shares the Big Machine roster with such superstars as Taylor Swift, Rascal Flatts and Trisha Yearwood. McGr

发表于:2019-01-14 / 阅读(46) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2013年(三月)

A: This is a great meal! B: Thank you. I am glad that everything turned out so well. A: Who taught you how to cook this well? B: I took a cooking class at the Culinary Institute. A: Wow, what is in this chicken dish? B: Isn't that great? That is coco

发表于:2019-01-15 / 阅读(151) / 评论(0) 分类 英语情景对话-餐厅

By David Gollust Berlin 09 November 2009 Parking lot where 3 American hikers were believed to have parked before disappearing near Sulaimaniyah, northeast of Baghdad, Iraq U.S. Secretary of State Hillary Clinton is urging Iran to show compassion and

发表于:2019-01-16 / 阅读(47) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2009年(十一月)

President Bush is urging members of the U.S. Congress to overcome their differences and pass a comprehensive immigration reform bill. The president acknowledges reaching a compromise will not be easy. 美国总统布什星期四呼吁国会议员克服

发表于:2019-01-19 / 阅读(25) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA双语新闻 Bilingual News

今天我们要学的词是, bottom line。 Bottom line, 是底线的意思。对于公司来说,bottom line, 指盈亏底线。对美国五百强公司进行的一项最新研究发现,董事长会有三名以上女性的,盈利表现往往都很

发表于:2019-01-23 / 阅读(29) / 评论(0) 分类 英语单词荟萃

今天我们要学的词是bombshell。 Bombshell, 是指引起震惊的事件。Cuban leader Fidel Castro's decision to retire came as a bombshell, 古巴领导人卡斯特罗决定退休的消息引起了轰动。 纽约时报上星期刊登了关于

发表于:2019-02-04 / 阅读(30) / 评论(0) 分类 英语单词荟萃

Laurel Bowman | Washington 08 April 2010 The United States resettles the largest number of refugees worldwide, allowing roughly 70,000 to enter the U.S. each year. Currently, large numbers of Bhutanese refugees, who lived for decades in camps in Nepa

发表于:2019-02-12 / 阅读(45) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2010年(四)月

今天我们要学的词是compromise。 Compromise, 有妥协、让步的意思。I will not compromise my principles. 意思是我在原则问题上绝不让步。Marriage is all about compromise. 意思是婚姻要靠妥协让步来维系。如今,

发表于:2019-02-18 / 阅读(297) / 评论(0) 分类 英语单词荟萃

今天我们要学的词是combat。 Combat, 是战斗的意思。 Australian combat troops have begun leaving Iraq, fulfilling an election promise by Prime Minister Kevin Rudd, 澳大利亚作战部队开始撤离伊拉克,实现了澳大利亚总理

发表于:2019-02-18 / 阅读(38) / 评论(0) 分类 英语单词荟萃

Sheep shearing is a job but also a sport. The best shearers enter competitions to see who is the fastest and best. The Golden Shears is the final. The six best shearers compete in this final. They have 20 lambs each. Judges check that the shearer has

发表于:2019-02-19 / 阅读(46) / 评论(0) 分类 新西兰英语