A: Your assistant said that it was time to come in and sign my escrow papers. B: Dont be intimidated. There is a lot to sign, but I will explain everything to you very clearly. A: Do you need anything from me? B: All the papers have been drawn up, bu

发表于:2018-12-02 / 阅读(65) / 评论(0) 分类 英语情景对话-买房

AA: I'm Avi Arditti with Rosanne Skirble, and this week on WORDMASTER: Our guest is David Marcello, executive director of the Public Law Center, a joint program of the Tulane and Loyola law schools in New Orleans. RS: For about 20 years now, the cent

发表于:2018-12-04 / 阅读(27) / 评论(0) 分类 词汇大师(Wordmaster)

AA: I'm Avi Arditti with Rosanne Skirble, and this week on WORDMASTER: We're joined by Deborah Tannen, the Georgetown University linguist and author of best-selling books on how we communicate. Her early work focused on the different conversation sty

发表于:2018-12-04 / 阅读(56) / 评论(0) 分类 词汇大师(Wordmaster)

by Adam Freedman Todays topic: are employers legally required to give employees breaks? And now, your daily dose of legalese: This article does not create an attorney-client relationship with any reader. In other words, although I am a lawyer, Im not

发表于:2018-12-05 / 阅读(39) / 评论(0) 分类 法律英语 Legal Lad

Life is actually a constant exercise in persuasion, wouldnt you say? What I mean is we dont just need to persuade people in the meeting room; actually, we are constantly using the tools of persuasion across a wide variety of situations ranging from s

发表于:2018-12-05 / 阅读(86) / 评论(0) 分类 商务英语社交课

by Jason Marshall Lets kick things off with a bit of a strange question: If you were asked to walk up two stairs and then immediately back down three, how would you describe the total number of stairs youd climbed relative to where you began? Do any

发表于:2018-12-07 / 阅读(40) / 评论(0) 分类 数学英语

Paul, this is John. John, this is Paul. 1. Have you met Paul? No, I haven't. Paul, this is John. John, this is Paul. 2. Have you two met each other? Have you two met each other? No, we haven't. Anne, this is Marie. Marie, Anne. Have you two met each

发表于:2018-12-17 / 阅读(79) / 评论(0) 分类 英语词组对话

by Michael W. Flynn First, a disclaimer: Although I am an attorney, the legal information in this podcast is not intended to be a substitute for seeking personalized legal advice from an attorney licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Further, I

发表于:2018-12-30 / 阅读(43) / 评论(0) 分类 法律英语 Legal Lad

by Michael W. Flynn First, a disclaimer: Although I am an attorney, the legal information in this podcast is not intended to be a substitute for seeking personalized legal advice from an attorney licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Further, I

发表于:2018-12-30 / 阅读(40) / 评论(0) 分类 法律英语 Legal Lad

Police arrested five young men for setting the Malibu Canyon fire that recently destroyed 53 homes, resulted in the temporary evacuation of 12,000 people, and burned 5,000 acres of woodland. The fire began in a small public park that prohibited alcoh

发表于:2018-12-31 / 阅读(50) / 评论(0) 分类 365个英语简短小故事

Grammar Girl here. Aliza in Alaska recently asked whether she should use who or that to refer to a board of directors. Today we're going to decide whether companies are people or things; in other words, whether you use the relative pronoun who or tha

发表于:2019-01-02 / 阅读(37) / 评论(0) 分类 英语语法 Grammar Girl

Today, guest-writer Neal Whitman will help us understand why the word troops can refer to the number of individuals or groups. What Does Troops Mean? Memorial Day is next week, when we in the U.S. honor members of the military who have died in the li

发表于:2019-01-02 / 阅读(64) / 评论(0) 分类 英语语法 Grammar Girl

Grammar Girl here. Today's topic is the word xeriscape. This is kind of a self-indulgent podcast for me. I've been house hunting lately, and I swear if one more real estate agent tells me about a property's wonderful zeroscape, I'm going to rent for

发表于:2019-01-02 / 阅读(57) / 评论(0) 分类 英语语法 Grammar Girl

图片1 Photo courtesy of Laura Herman, Tampa, Florida Grammar Girl here. Today's topic is the word xeriscape. This is kind of a self-indulgent podcast for me. I've been house hunting lately, and I swear if one more real estate agent tells me about a

发表于:2019-01-02 / 阅读(86) / 评论(0) 分类 英语语法 Grammar Girl

图片1 by Mignon Fogarty This is an expanded show based on the original episode covering when to use affect with an a and when to use effect with an e. This question is from Eric on the voicemail line. I have a question for you regarding the affect

发表于:2019-01-02 / 阅读(60) / 评论(0) 分类 英语语法 Grammar Girl

Reader Christine wrote in with a request: I'd like to know the difference between the words insure and ensure, as in I-N-S-U-R-E and E-N-S-U-R-E. When writing, I often find myself backspacing so I can replace the word ensure with make certain and not

发表于:2019-01-02 / 阅读(65) / 评论(0) 分类 英语语法 Grammar Girl

Maria was learning to add numbers. She liked to add numbers. It was easy to add numbers. She could add one and one. She knew that one and one are two. She knew that two and two are four. She knew that three and three are six. But that was it. She did

发表于:2019-01-06 / 阅读(56) / 评论(0) 分类 超级简单英语阅读

A: Can you describe her for me? B: She was large, hairy, and scary! A: What are you talking about? B: When she laughed, it sent chills up my spine. Have you ever met someone like that? A: Yes, one time I met someone like that. B: She had eyes like la

发表于:2019-01-15 / 阅读(42) / 评论(0) 分类 英语情景对话-工作

PEOPLE IN AMERICA -August 25, 2002: Richard Rodgers By Nancy Steinbach (Image -Smithsonian Institution) VOICE ONE: I’m Mary Tillotson. VOICE TWO: And I’m Shirley Griffith with the VOA Special Engl

发表于:2019-01-30 / 阅读(236) / 评论(0) 分类 People in America

英文歌词: You try to multiply your speed by time to get your distance But you dont see the wood for the trees An experiment with existence Is showing up anomalies You see the day dissolve into the morrow And the slow growing of your second skin Adre

发表于:2019-02-03 / 阅读(98) / 评论(0) 分类 音乐咖啡厅