From NPR News in Washington, Im Korva Coleman. President Obama has signed an executive order spelling out limits on federal funding for abortion under the new health care law. NPRs Scott Horsley reports. Michigan Congressman Bart Stupak and other ant

发表于:2018-12-02 / 阅读(82) / 评论(0) 分类 2010年NPR美国国家公共电台3月

Rejoinders are quick responses to show that you are interested or paying attention. (Oh) Really? That's interesting. Is that right? Note how rejoinders are used in the following situations. 1. I just got a new job. Oh really? That's great! 2. I lost

发表于:2018-12-17 / 阅读(89) / 评论(0) 分类 跟我学英语入门篇

Prisons today have too many prisoners. The prisoners sleep in bunk beds. They sleep in triple bunk beds. Triple bunk beds are for three prisoners. One prisoner sleeps in the bottom bunk bed. Another prisoner sleeps in the middle bunk bed. Another pri

发表于:2018-12-18 / 阅读(55) / 评论(0) 分类 超级简单英语阅读

Amber: Hello, I'm Amber, and you're listening to bbclearningenglish.com. In Entertainment today, we listen to an interview with a woman who - in the 1980s and 90s - put the word 'supermodel' in the dictionary! She's Elle Macpherson. Elle began her b

发表于:2018-12-19 / 阅读(120) / 评论(0) 分类 Entertainment

by Michael W. Flynn Hello, and welcome to a special joint episode of Grammar Girls Quick and Dirty Tips for Better Writing and Legal Lads Quick and Dirty Tips for a More Lawful Life. Grammar Girl here. Todays topic is illegal versus unlawful. Here's

发表于:2018-12-30 / 阅读(69) / 评论(0) 分类 法律英语 Legal Lad

Grammar Girl here. Todays topic is illegal versus unlawful. Here's a question from Jed in Washington, D.C. From my seat on the bus, I could see a big sign listing things that were unlawful to do on the bus (such as eat, listen to loud music, etc.) I

发表于:2018-12-30 / 阅读(57) / 评论(0) 分类 法律英语 Legal Lad

Where is the mustard? asked a prisoner. There is no mustard, said the cook. We ran out of mustard. We have no more mustard. Well get more mustard tomorrow. The prisoner looked at his hot dog. A hot dog without mustard is not a hot dog. I cant eat thi

发表于:2019-01-02 / 阅读(44) / 评论(0) 分类 简单慢速英语阅读

Grammar Girl here. Today's topic is well versus good. It's such a simple little question: How are you? But I've heard from people who feel a twinge of trepidation or even full-blown frustration every time they have to decide whether to say they're go

发表于:2019-01-02 / 阅读(36) / 评论(0) 分类 英语语法 Grammar Girl

Grammar Girl here. Today's topic is bring versus take. Many listeners have asked me to talk about today's topic. Here's a caller: Hi Grammar Girl. It's Clint in Chester, VA. I have two children reaching high school age and they still don't know the d

发表于:2019-01-02 / 阅读(34) / 评论(0) 分类 英语语法 Grammar Girl

Grammar Girl here. Since this is my 100th episode, it seems like a fitting time to talk about how to use numbers in sentences. [Note: There are many exceptions to the rules about how to write numbers. These tips will point you in the right direction,

发表于:2019-01-02 / 阅读(52) / 评论(0) 分类 英语语法 Grammar Girl

Grammar Girl here. Today's topic is less versus fewer. Less and fewer are easy to mix up. They mean the same thingthe opposite of morebut you use them in different circumstances (1). The basic rule is that you use less with mass nouns and fewer with

发表于:2019-01-02 / 阅读(48) / 评论(0) 分类 英语语法 Grammar Girl

Grammar Girl here. Today I'm going to talk about on accident versus by accident and how language changes. Some of the most difficult questions I get are from non-native English speakers who want to know why we use a particular preposition in a specif

发表于:2019-01-02 / 阅读(68) / 评论(0) 分类 英语语法 Grammar Girl

Grammar Girl here. Today's show will cover the difference between the words woman and female. First we had Nancy Pelosi taking over as Speaker of the House, then Hillary Clinton running for president, and now we have Sarah Palin as the Republican vic

发表于:2019-01-02 / 阅读(49) / 评论(0) 分类 英语语法 Grammar Girl

Grammar Girl here. Today's topic is dashes. Last week when I was speaking at the Field's End Writers Conference on Bainbridge Island, someone in the audience asked about dashes. When should she use a dash and how is it different from a colon? Dashes

发表于:2019-01-02 / 阅读(38) / 评论(0) 分类 英语语法 Grammar Girl

Todays episode concerns a what-you-may-have-been-wondering-about topic. That sure was a mouthful, and it illustrates the problem of stacked modifiers, which occurs when you string together too many words to describe a noun at the end of the mouthful.

发表于:2019-01-02 / 阅读(52) / 评论(0) 分类 英语语法 Grammar Girl

Grammar Girl here. Today's topic is well versus good. It's such a simple little question: How are you? But I've heard from people who feel a twinge of trepidation or even full-blown frustration every time they have to decide whether to say they're go

发表于:2019-01-07 / 阅读(36) / 评论(0) 分类 英语语法 Grammar Girl

Lindsay: So if you buy a game, how long does it take you to beat the game? One year or fifteen hours or what? Jake: Well, maybe the shortest ones are only about six hours but it all depends on how much you're playing it. If it's something I really li

发表于:2019-02-02 / 阅读(34) / 评论(0) 分类 原版英语对话1000个

Mari: Hi, Ron. I met your brother Michael and I learned that you're a triplet. So what is it like being a triplet? Ron: Yes, I am a triplet. It's a good thing. I'm very close with my brothers, both of them. One of my brother's name is Michael and the

发表于:2019-02-14 / 阅读(40) / 评论(0) 分类 原版英语对话1000个

英文好歌:The Perishers - Pills I hope my smile can distract you I hope my fists can fight for two So it never has to show And you'll never know I hope my love can blind you I hope my arms can bind you So youll never have to see What we've grown t

发表于:2019-02-25 / 阅读(48) / 评论(0) 分类 流行英文歌曲

When I wake up yeah I know I'm gonna be I'm gonna be the man who wakes up next to you When I go out yeah I know I'm gonna be I'm gonna be the man who goes along with you If I get drunk yes I know I'm gonna be I'm gonna be the man who gets drunk next

发表于:2019-03-02 / 阅读(79) / 评论(0) 分类 影视英文歌曲