by Adam Freedman Todays topic: Those annoying email disclaimers And now, your daily dose of legalese: This article does not create an attorney-client relationship with any listener. In other words, although I am a lawyer, Im not your lawyer. In fact,

发表于:2018-12-05 / 阅读(39) / 评论(0) 分类 法律英语 Legal Lad

Dairy farmers are having a tough time during the recession because of the high Kiwi dollar. Last year, the dairy company Fonterra paid farmers more than $7 for a kilo of milk solids. This year they will probably get $5.20. They will know next month h

发表于:2018-12-05 / 阅读(32) / 评论(0) 分类 新西兰英语

Unit 15 Two Farmers 第15单元 两个农夫 A Texan farmer goes into Australia for a vacation. There he meets an Aussie farmer and gets talking. 有个德州农夫去澳洲度假时遇见一个澳洲农夫,两人攀谈了起来。 The Aussie shows

发表于:2018-12-06 / 阅读(46) / 评论(0) 分类 英语小达人

Today's topic is active voice versus passive voice. Here's Brian from Iowa: It drives me crazy when people write in passive voice. How can I teach people how to tell the difference between passive and active voice and stay away from passive voice? Th

发表于:2018-12-07 / 阅读(59) / 评论(0) 分类 英语语法 Grammar Girl

SHIRLEY GRIFFITH: Im Shirley Griffith. CHRISTOPHER CRUISE: And Im Christopher Cruise with PEOPLE IN AMERICA in VOA Special English. Today we tell about Patricia Neal, a famous actress who reached the top of her profession but had many personal traged

发表于:2018-12-07 / 阅读(55) / 评论(0) 分类 2011年VOA慢速英语(二)月

People in America - Helen Keller, 1880-1968: She Became the Most Famous Disabled Person in the World RAY FREEMAN: I'm Ray Freeman. SHIRLEY GRIFFITH: And I'm Shirley Griffith with People in America - a program in Special English by the Voice of Americ

发表于:2018-12-18 / 阅读(30) / 评论(0) 分类 2011年VOA慢速英语(八)月

by Mignon Fogarty In this week's article, I'm going to share some of the funniest stories people have told me about errors that went out in e-mail messages and published materials. The reason I have so many funny stories to share is that a few days a

发表于:2019-01-02 / 阅读(35) / 评论(0) 分类 英语语法 Grammar Girl

Grammar Girl here. Today's topic is which pronoun to use after the word than, as in Nobody is more excited about the Grammar Girl book than I!Or is it than me? Listen up because guest-writer Charles Carson is going to explain. A few years ago around

发表于:2019-01-02 / 阅读(55) / 评论(0) 分类 英语语法 Grammar Girl

Head and shoulders 头和肩 Head and shoulders,knees and toes,knees and toes. Head and shoulders,knees and toes,knees and toes. eyes and ears and mouth and nose. Head and shoulders,knees and toes,knees and toes. Head and shoulders,knees and toes,kne

发表于:2019-01-03 / 阅读(77) / 评论(0) 分类 优美儿童英语歌曲

By Jordan Davis Dakar 21 January 2007 People march during the opening of the World Social Forum in Nairobi, 20 Jan 2007 At this week's World Social Forum in Nairobi, Kenya fair-trade campaigners are putting a priority on restarting the so-called Doha

发表于:2019-01-09 / 阅读(89) / 评论(0) 分类 2007年VOA标准英语(一月)

A: Hi, I am your waitress, Mary. B: Hello, Mary. We are all pretty hungry tonight! A: While you are looking over the menu, can I interest you in an appetizer? B: An appetizer sounds good. Do you have a special menu? A: They are listed on the first pa

发表于:2019-01-11 / 阅读(52) / 评论(0) 分类 英语情景对话-餐厅

This is the VOA Special English Economics Report. 这里是美国之音慢速英语经济报道。 Food prices are at their highest level since the United Nations Food and Agriculture Organization began keeping records in nineteen ninety. The causes

发表于:2019-01-11 / 阅读(41) / 评论(0) 分类 2011年VOA慢速英语(二)月

This is the VOA Special English Education Report. 这里是美国之音慢速英语教育报道。 This week marks the fiftieth anniversary of the Peace Corps. President John Kennedy began the program in nineteen sixty-one. The Peace Corps sends Amer

发表于:2019-01-12 / 阅读(64) / 评论(0) 分类 2011年VOA慢速英语(三)月

Independent Pharmacy Thrives with Personal Service Morgan Pharmacy has an old fashioned feel, with this display of old prescription bottles and the original shelves from when the store opened 1912. Pharmacist Barry Deutschman bought the store 20 year

发表于:2019-01-13 / 阅读(35) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2012年(六月)

By Sonja Pace Heiligendamm, Germany 05 June 2007 Leaders of the G8 group of major industrial nations are gathering in Germany's Baltic Sea resort of Heiligendamm for three days of discussions to include climate change, economic issues and debt relief

发表于:2019-01-16 / 阅读(82) / 评论(0) 分类 2007年VOA标准英语(六月)

Akane: Hey, Ruth. Ruth: Hi, Akane Akane: So we've been talking about your family a little bit. Um, I'd like to know a little bit more about the specific people in your family. Ruth: Sure Akane: So who is the funniest person in your family? Ruth: The

发表于:2019-01-16 / 阅读(31) / 评论(0) 分类 原版英语对话1000个

by Laura Adams If youre like most people, you dont leave home without your mobile technology. If you have a smart phone or an iPad, you can download very inexpensive or free mobile applications or apps designed for your type of device. Need to track

发表于:2019-01-21 / 阅读(124) / 评论(0) 分类 货币英语

Paula Wolfson The White House says National Security Advisor Condoleezza Rice will testify in public under oath before the commission investigating the September 11 terrorist attacks. It is a big reve

发表于:2019-01-27 / 阅读(45) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA2004(上)--各类新闻

Fonterra is the biggest company in New Zealand and also the biggest export dairy company in the world. It is a co-operative which means that farmers own it. In fact, 10, 500 dairy farmers in New Zealand own Fonterra. Each farmer has one share for eac

发表于:2019-01-27 / 阅读(102) / 评论(0) 分类 新西兰英语

Todd: So, Mark, what do Kiwis like to do in the summer? Mark: Yeah, I think the first thing for some people to realise is that Christmas is midsummer in New Zealand. Todd: Oh nice! Mark: So kiwis combine Christmas holiday and New Year holiday with a

发表于:2019-02-04 / 阅读(28) / 评论(0) 分类 原版英语对话1000个