by Adam Freedman Todays topic answers the question Can lawyers tell lies? Professionally, that is. But first, your daily dose of legalese: This article does not create an attorney-client relationship with any reader. In other words, although I am a l

发表于:2018-12-30 / 阅读(129) / 评论(0) 分类 法律英语 Legal Lad

The Ellerslie Flower Show opened in Hagley Park in Christchurch on Wednesday and runs for 5 days. The first Ellerslie Flower Show was at the Ellerslie RaceCourse in Auckland in 1994. It moved to Christchurch in 2009. It is a very popular show with 50

发表于:2018-12-31 / 阅读(52) / 评论(0) 分类 新西兰英语

Broadcast: January 9, 2005 (MUSIC) VOICE ONE: Im Mary Tillotson. VOICE TWO: And Im Steve Ember with the VOA Special English program, PEOPLE IN AMERICA. Today we tell about the Marx Brothers. They made many funny movies in the nineteen-thirties and ni

发表于:2019-01-01 / 阅读(50) / 评论(0) 分类 名人轶事

Today's topic is who versus whom. I've received three requests from listeners to cover this topic. Here's Noreen: I just wondered if possibly in one of your episodes you could go through the use of who versus whom. I think that's a common misundersta

发表于:2019-01-02 / 阅读(51) / 评论(0) 分类 英语语法 Grammar Girl

If you're confused about that versus which, don't feel bad. It's one of the most common topics people ask me about. I used to work as a technical writer, and I'd often edit documents in which people used the wrong word. More than once, I'd put in the

发表于:2019-01-02 / 阅读(40) / 评论(0) 分类 英语语法 Grammar Girl

Grammar Girl here. Todays topic is the difference between the words historic and historical. A listener, Denise, wants to know if she should say, We sell historic replicas or We sell historical replicas. Was an event a historic occasion or was it a h

发表于:2019-01-02 / 阅读(61) / 评论(0) 分类 英语语法 Grammar Girl

Grammar Girl here. Today guest-writer Bonnie Trenga is helping us talk about two sets of words that listeners get confused: pleaded guilty or pled guilty, and use or utilize. Plead Versus Pled Mike from Georgia is transitioning from law enforcement t

发表于:2019-01-02 / 阅读(82) / 评论(0) 分类 英语语法 Grammar Girl

(Ho!) I've been trying to do it right (Hey!) I've been living a lonely life (Ho!) I've been sleeping here instead (Hey!)I've been sleeping in my bed, (Ho!) I've been sleeping in my bed (Hey!) (Ho!) (Ho!) So show me family (Hey!) All the blood that I

发表于:2019-01-03 / 阅读(46) / 评论(0) 分类 甜蜜英文歌曲

She will write a letter to her grandma. She will write about her day at school. She will write about her classmates. She will write about her teacher. She will write about the classroom. She will write about her school bus. She will write about her s

发表于:2019-01-09 / 阅读(111) / 评论(0) 分类 简单慢速英语阅读

一首很简单的英文歌On My Way Home-The-Perishers。舒缓的音乐仿佛真的把我们带到家中。 On My Way Home If you feel like getting even I understand I just wanna say I'm sorry things got out of hand I only wanted you to like me tha

发表于:2019-01-10 / 阅读(87) / 评论(0) 分类 音乐天堂

Grammar Girl here. Today's topic is irregardless. Hi, Grammar Girl. I'm an English teacher in Boston, Massachusetts, and I am freaking out. One of my students tells me that irregardless is now a word, and apparently it's been added to some dictionari

发表于:2019-01-16 / 阅读(44) / 评论(0) 分类 英语语法 Grammar Girl

look outside it's already light and the stars ran away with the night things we're said, words that we'll try forget. it's so hard to admit i know we've made mistakes i see through all the tears but that's what got us here if love is an ocean wide we

发表于:2019-01-16 / 阅读(61) / 评论(0) 分类 影视英文歌曲

英语作文 Good manners are necessary because one is judged by his manners. Ones manners not only show what kind of education he has received and what his social position is, but they also tend to show what his nature is. Good manners means good behav

发表于:2019-01-19 / 阅读(43) / 评论(0) 分类 英语作文

Todd: So, Alexandra, you're going to be a lawyer. Alex: Yes, I am. Todd: Now laywers, unfortunately, often have a bad reputation. Why don't you talk about how lawyers are good for society: Why we need lawyers? Alex: Well, first we need lawyers becaus

发表于:2019-01-25 / 阅读(56) / 评论(0) 分类 原版英语对话1000个

Christophe: OK, Aiste, we're going to talk about environmental issues in Europe. So, does Lithuania have environmental issues? Aiste: Oh, actually were are facing kind of a big problem. The Baltic Sea that's beside Lithuania. You know three Baltic co

发表于:2019-01-27 / 阅读(69) / 评论(0) 分类 原版英语对话1000个

HOUSTON, Dec. 19 (Xinhua) -- James Harden scored 33 points to lead the Houston Rockets to beat Philadelphia 76ers 125-103 at a NBA game Wednesday night at Toyota Center. Harden finished with a game-high 33 points along with seven assists. Jeremy Lin

发表于:2019-02-01 / 阅读(44) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻

概述 非谓语动词用法精讲 在大学英语四六级考试的 词汇 和语法部分中,年年必考的一项语法就是非谓语动词(Non-finite Verb)。 非谓语动词分为三类:不定式(infinitive)、动名词(gerund)和

发表于:2019-02-03 / 阅读(37) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻

《The Mummers' Dance 艺者之舞》最先让人注意到的是风笛,隐约的,延绵在背景里,好象是从记忆里缓缓而来的风。而鼓声接踵而至,各种各样的鼓被统一成一个印象,不徐不缓,不紧不慢,却永不停息,推着人跟随它前进舞蹈。整首曲子由这两种乐器形成主要旋律,而偶尔出现

发表于:2019-02-06 / 阅读(111) / 评论(0) 分类 音乐咖啡厅

A person, like a commodity, needs packaging. But going too far is absolutely undesirable. A little exaggeration, however, does no harm when it shows the person's unique qualities to their advantage. To display personal charm in a casual and natural w

发表于:2019-02-07 / 阅读(315) / 评论(0) 分类 阅读空间

远离此地 Esmee Denters - Outta Here Esmee Denters Get me outta here Cuz my eyes are burning From these silly tears That you brought when you show me you don't really care And you never loved me, someone get me outta this place Right now It's so a

发表于:2019-02-18 / 阅读(50) / 评论(0) 分类 好听的英文歌曲