The next day, on the phone LL: Sorry to bother you so early. There's another couple who wants to rent the apartment, but I thought I'd ask you first. Beth: That's so sweet of you. We definitely want it. LL: I thought so, by the looks on your faces wh

发表于:2018-12-25 / 阅读(33) / 评论(0) 分类 Eztalk美语会话

Walking into the laundry room Beth: I'm in heaven! A Whirlpool dryer! LL: I love them, too. Let's move into the kitchen. Wait until you see the refrigerator. Beth: [Opening the refrigerator doors] This is too good to be true. LL: And the stove is bra

发表于:2018-12-25 / 阅读(32) / 评论(0) 分类 Eztalk美语会话

Judy: Kim! I'm here! I brought all my old maternity clothes plus Dave and Alice's baby clothes! Kim: It's a little early for those, isn't it? I still have eight months to go... Judy: Believe me, the time will fly by! Before you know it, you'll be cha

发表于:2018-12-25 / 阅读(55) / 评论(0) 分类 Eztalk美语会话

Stanley: Hey! What happened?! My song was only half way through and it skipped to the next song. Jack: I don't know what happened! Stanley: You cancelled the song, didn't you, Jack? Jack: No, I didn't. Really! Stanley: Then, is the machine broken or.

发表于:2018-12-25 / 阅读(25) / 评论(0) 分类 Eztalk美语会话

Brooke: And you didn't think to leave them my cell phone? Jack: I didn't think there would be a problem. Brooke: It's the holidays! Everybody knows how hard it is to get tickets! Jack: I'm sorry. We're still going. I got reservations for all of us on

发表于:2018-12-25 / 阅读(47) / 评论(0) 分类 Eztalk美语会话

Brooke: Hey! Ask your mom for more old pictures, OK? Jack: Can't it wait? She's still angry that we sent e-mail wedding invitations. Brooke: But we saved your parents so much money... Jack: I know. And they're spending enough on the plane tickets to

发表于:2018-12-25 / 阅读(30) / 评论(0) 分类 Eztalk美语会话

A week later, at Ron's restaurant Nicole: Hey, guys! Ron: Hi! Nicole! Nicole: How's business? Ron: Great. We can't keep up with the demand. Nicole: Wow! I'm impressed! Ron: How about you? Nicole: I quit my job as a food critic. Ron: Then let me take

发表于:2018-12-25 / 阅读(31) / 评论(0) 分类 Eztalk美语会话

At the wei-ya Emily: See how many people are here! Joice: Yeah! Do all these people work in the company? Everyone and their dog is here! Emily: Other than the employees, our boss Jack invited some friends of the company. Joice: Can we just sit wherev

发表于:2018-12-25 / 阅读(22) / 评论(0) 分类 Eztalk美语会话

After picking up the prizes Joice: So, what did you win? Emily: A lousy desk lamp. And you? Joice: A bar of soap! Emily: Look at Vivian! She thinks she's the cat's meow! Joice: Why don't you go talk to her and find out what her secret was this year.

发表于:2018-12-25 / 阅读(42) / 评论(0) 分类 Eztalk美语会话

Emily: Congratulations, Vivian. You won the grand prize, again. Vivian: Isn't it just great! I just knew I'd win! Emily: You did? How? Did you wear red underwear again this year? Vivian: Not only that! Emily: Tell me! Tell me! What's your secret?! Vi

发表于:2018-12-25 / 阅读(46) / 评论(0) 分类 Eztalk美语会话

Jennifer: Look! There's even a built-in handle to carry it with. Billy: But it's so thin. There's no way that it comes with a CD-ROM. Jennifer: Oh, yes, it does. Look, here it says that the CD-ROM is built-in! Billy: What other features are listed? J

发表于:2018-12-25 / 阅读(37) / 评论(0) 分类 Eztalk美语会话

Billy: And lots of Dear Abby sob stories... Jennifer: Hey! I learn a lot from the psychologists who give advice in those columns! Billy: No wonder you're such a wacko... Jennifer: Whatever...Smell! Perfume samples! Billy: Nice. Hey, I like the layout

发表于:2018-12-25 / 阅读(26) / 评论(0) 分类 Eztalk美语会话

Jennifer: How much are you planning to buy? Billy: Well, it's not how much, but what I'm going to buy that matters. I'm going ski shopping! Jennifer: Cool! Can I come? Billy: No. The front seat folds down all the way so there's just enough space for

发表于:2018-12-25 / 阅读(34) / 评论(0) 分类 Eztalk美语会话

Lily is getting into the bathtub Lily:Ouch! The water's too hot! Mom:Get in slowly, sweetie. You'll get used to it. I'm gonna go and make you some chicken soup. Lily:I'm not hungry, Mom. Mom:I know you don't have an appetite, but you need to eat some

发表于:2019-01-11 / 阅读(44) / 评论(0) 分类 Eztalk美语会话

STARTALK Language Program Teaches Intensive Russian 美国学生通过STARTALK学习俄语 STARTALK is a language immersion program for students and teachers. Learning a language by immersion means a student is placed in an environment where only the

发表于:2019-01-12 / 阅读(72) / 评论(0) 分类 2016年VOA慢速英语(九)月

DJ:Everybody say ho! Everybody say ho-ho! Now scream! [Wen and Nikki scream] Nikki:Wow! You sure have changed from the shy wallflower! Wen:It's so fun here! Nobody laughs at my dancing. I really feel welcome! And Malik is so cool. I think he likes me

发表于:2019-01-16 / 阅读(39) / 评论(0) 分类 Eztalk美语会话

I'm Nancy Beardsley, filling in for Avi Arditti and Rosanne Skirble. This week on Wordmaster we'll talk about bad manners-and how they're reflected in what people are saying and not saying to one another these days. Our guest is British writer Lynne

发表于:2019-01-18 / 阅读(55) / 评论(0) 分类 英语单词大师-Word Master

AA: I'm Avi Arditti with Rosanne Skirble, and this week on Wordmaster: a conversation about small talk. RS: Our guest is Debra Fine, author of a new book called The Fine Art of Small Talk.DEBRA FINE: It is not the business conversation, not the busin

发表于:2019-01-18 / 阅读(49) / 评论(0) 分类 英语单词大师-Word Master

They run into Clyde at Meskerem Clyde:Good evening Ms. Jackson. Fancy meetin you here. Nikki:Hi, Clyde. This is my friend, Wen. She's visiting from UCLA. Clyde:Clyde Smith. Pleasure to meet you. May I treat you ladies to dinner? Nikki:OK! [getting a

发表于:2019-01-21 / 阅读(35) / 评论(0) 分类 Eztalk美语会话

Wen and Nikki leave the salon Wen:How do I look? I love these braids. They're fun! Nikki:They look great! Hey, are you hungry? I know a good Ethiopian restaurant-Meskerem. Wen:An Ethiopian restaurant? Whoa! I always think of starving people in Ethi

发表于:2019-01-21 / 阅读(31) / 评论(0) 分类 Eztalk美语会话