This is Scientific American's 60-Second Science. I'm Cynthia Graber. This will just take a minute. Over the past 50 years more and more women have entered the work force. And theyre increasingly taking on jobs that have traditionally gone to men. Now

发表于:2019-01-08 / 阅读(54) / 评论(0) 分类 Scientific American(三)月

How To Survive A Break UpEvery relationship has its own stories to tell. However, no matter how unique your love stories are, breaking up always hit you at the curb. Yes, it hurts. Regardless if you have been together for a decade, a year, or a month

发表于:2019-01-08 / 阅读(35) / 评论(0) 分类 实用英语

失恋后的情感空窗期最是难熬,有人会在此伤心困顿之际,随便找一个异性来交往,以填补内心的空虚和麻醉自己。这时候的对象,就属于rebound guy/girl(备胎),其本质是temporary lover(临时情

发表于:2019-01-08 / 阅读(40) / 评论(0) 分类 英语口语

1. I don't want to be the third wheel. 我不想当电灯泡. 一般的自行车都只有二个轮子, 要是有三个轮子呢? 没错, 那第三个轮子就是多余的. 所以 Third wheel 就是美语

发表于:2019-01-08 / 阅读(38) / 评论(0) 分类 英文名句短语

Office romances have been around for as long as offices (or other workplaces). Because of the amount of time we spend at work, side by side with our coworkers, our social lives and professional lives often become entwined. Those relationships often b

发表于:2019-01-08 / 阅读(37) / 评论(0) 分类 求职英语

On a Harmonious Dormitory Life Dormitory life is an indispensable part of college life. But sometimes the harmony in the dormitory is disturbed in one way or another. As is known to all, a harmonious dormitory life is important to college students an

发表于:2019-01-08 / 阅读(36) / 评论(0) 分类 英语四级作文范文

2011年5月25日,奥巴马与英国首相卡梅伦在伦敦记者会上的讲话: PRIME MINISTER CAMERON: Thank you, and apologies for keeping you waiting. It's a pleasure to welcome President Obama here today. We've just been having a barbecue i

发表于:2019-01-18 / 阅读(28) / 评论(0) 分类 英语演讲

陈豪在北京的ABC美国公司工作。他这两天遇到了感情困扰,去找美国同事Amy讨个主意。 (Office ambience) C:Amy, 我有点私事儿想请教你。 A:What is it, Chen Hao? C:销售部来了一个新的女同事,叫Ka

发表于:2019-01-20 / 阅读(53) / 评论(0) 分类 礼节美语

A: What are you thinking? 你在想什么? B: Im wondering if I should see him or not. 我不知道该不该见他。 A: Dont you? No result, you know it clearly. Father will never agree to such marriage. So forget him, dont wake a sleeping dog any

发表于:2019-01-21 / 阅读(75) / 评论(0) 分类 迷你对话学地道口语

Film producer Raymond Chow was Bruce Lee 's friend and business partner. 电影制作人邹文怀是李小龙的朋友兼生意伙伴 As head of Golden Harvest studios,he was the biggest film producer in Hong Kong. 作为嘉禾的老总,他是香港最

发表于:2019-01-23 / 阅读(31) / 评论(0) 分类 名人传记

We want to develop direct contact with Continental buyers for ourselves. 我们想为自己的公司同欧洲大陆的买主建立起直接的联系。 We see that your firm specializes in Light Indus

发表于:2019-01-23 / 阅读(28) / 评论(0) 分类 实用英语

文本: KEN: Hey, hey, guys! It's, uh, Ken Rosenberg here! Hey! Heh, heh, hey, great, hey! Well, uh, I'm gonna drive you guys to the meet, okay? Now, I've talked to the suppliers and they are very, huh-ha, _(1)_ to start a business relationship, so

发表于:2019-01-23 / 阅读(37) / 评论(0) 分类 小龟乐游记英语短文

Psychologists have spent years studying the traits that are fundamental to successful long-term relationships and come up with a few key ideas. 心理学家花了多年研究保持长期恋爱关系的特点,发现了关键的几条。 You think ab

发表于:2019-01-28 / 阅读(30) / 评论(0) 分类 阅读空间

My name is Claire and Im in my fourteen years old. I live a happy life because I have a warm and harmonious family. There are four people in my family. They are my parents and my elder brother. My parents both are teachers so that my brother and I ha

发表于:2019-02-01 / 阅读(46) / 评论(0) 分类 英语作文

Topic:Modesty 谦虚的意义 The cartoon aims at informing us of the significance of modesty. Definitely, no once can deny the importance of it. Modesty can inspire people to achieve greater success. Those who are modest will never be content with

发表于:2019-02-01 / 阅读(45) / 评论(0) 分类 考研英语

A Seattle startup is in the news for investing in divorce its business model is based on the fact that nearly 40 to 50 percent of married couples in the US end up parting ways. SwanLuv offers to pay couples for their dream wedding, but the money will

发表于:2019-02-01 / 阅读(22) / 评论(0) 分类 阅读空间

Best friends maybe priceless but the cost of keeping the relationship alive is ?23,870. 最好的朋友也许是无价的,但使友谊长存的成本是2万3870英镑。 According to a study, a BFF (best friends forever) does not come cheap with de

发表于:2019-02-01 / 阅读(44) / 评论(0) 分类 阅读空间

If you've spent enough time in the workforce, you almost certainly have a trail of damaged professional relationships behind you. That doesn't mean you're a bad manager or employee; it's simply a fact that some people don't get along, and when we hav

发表于:2019-02-01 / 阅读(69) / 评论(0) 分类 阅读空间

1) Fight with an end goal 1)与终极目标作斗争 You know that youre going to fight with your boyfriend. Thats just the way that it goes. Its not possible to be happy with anyone 24/7. It doesnt mean that youre not truly in love or that your re

发表于:2019-02-01 / 阅读(26) / 评论(0) 分类 阅读空间

In order to experience everlasting love in life, you ought to first figure out what is missing in your life and then fill in the gaps. People fall in and out of love because they expect their lovers to be everything to them and do everything for them

发表于:2019-02-01 / 阅读(27) / 评论(0) 分类 阅读空间