Shirley Sherrod: I enjoyed my work at USDA. As most of you know, I didn't work in government prior to about a year ago now. It only lasted 11 months. But I did enjoy that work and would want to see that work continue. I just don't think at this point

发表于:2018-12-02 / 阅读(42) / 评论(0) 分类 CNN2010年(八)月

A: Did you ever get your bus pass? B: I don't think I'm going to get one. A: Why not? B: It's just a waste of cash. A: Actually, it'll save you money. B: Oh, really? A: Because you can use your bus pass as many times as you want. B: Really? A: Yeah,

发表于:2018-12-02 / 阅读(53) / 评论(0) 分类 实用乘车英语

The interior of our house was last painted about 15 years ago, and the painting is now peeling and chipping in some places. Therefore, we decided to give the house a new fresh coat of paint. We wanted to paint the house the same color, so we took a f

发表于:2018-12-03 / 阅读(63) / 评论(0) 分类 在家—At Home

I'll paint you a rainbow to hang on the wall, To brighten your heart when the gray shadows fall. On a canvasof joy outlastingthe years, With a soft brush of sweetnessto dry all your tears. 我要为你画一道彩虹高挂在墙上, 在灰霾降临时

发表于:2018-12-08 / 阅读(40) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2018年(五月)

AMERICAN STORIES - Short Story: The Last Leaf by O. Henry FAITH LAPIDUS: Now, the VOA Special English program AMERICAN STORIES. (MUSIC) Our story today is called The Last Leaf. It was written by O. Henry. Here is Barbara Klein with the story. (MUSIC)

发表于:2018-12-16 / 阅读(57) / 评论(0) 分类 2012年VOA慢速英语(一)月

19. to keep (one's) nose clean:to keep away from trouble(远离是非,少惹麻烦) The newly released inmates are trying to keep their noses clean. (刚刚获释姆溉俗苁蔷可偃鞘欠恰? A law-abiding person needs to keep his (her) nos

发表于:2018-12-18 / 阅读(35) / 评论(0) 分类 实用英语

美国人平时所用的许多短语,看似普通,但有的会有特別意义,究竟是俚语、口语或俗语,没有绝对的定义。其实名称不重要,最重要的是懂得意义和用法,不是吗? 1. to have(many) irons in the fi

发表于:2018-12-18 / 阅读(26) / 评论(0) 分类 英文语法词汇

unit 183 恋爱约会 dialogue 英语情景对话 A:Can we sit on the grass, darling? A:亲爱的,我们可以坐在草地上吗? B:No, you can't, darling. The grass is wet. B:不行,不可以。草地是湿的。 A:Look, darling! I can see a b

发表于:2018-12-26 / 阅读(204) / 评论(0) 分类 高频英语口语对话

1. What is the man's name? A. Russell B. Randall C. Ronald 2. From the conversation, how did the man probably find out about Dr. Carter? A. He saw the office on his way home from work. B. A friend referred him to Dr. Carter's office. C. He found Dr.

发表于:2018-12-28 / 阅读(38) / 评论(0) 分类 听英文对话做选择

Thank you for coming to help me to fix up my house. 谢谢你们来帮我修房子。 What do you want to do to it, Hen? 你要什么做的呢,母鸡? It just needs a fresh coat of paint. 它只需要重新粉刷一遍。 What color? 什么颜色好

发表于:2018-12-28 / 阅读(32) / 评论(0) 分类 天才宝贝熊

Jackson Pollock Invented a New Kind of Painting That Changed the Way People Looked at Art Written by Dana Demange (MUSIC) VOICE ONE: I'm Faith Lapidus. VOICE TWO: And I'm Bob Doughty with People in America in VOA Special English. Today, we tell about

发表于:2019-01-02 / 阅读(37) / 评论(0) 分类 名人轶事

Winslow Homer: America's Painter Written by Mario Ritter (MUSIC) VOICE ONE: Im Steve Ember. VOICE TWO: And Im Barbara Klein with People In America in VOA Special English. Today we tell about Winslow Homer, considered to be the greatest American artis

发表于:2019-01-02 / 阅读(35) / 评论(0) 分类 名人轶事

Jerry was looking at a map. It was a map of the world. The map showed many countries. It showed all the countries in the world. All the countries were different colors. There were red countries, green countries, and blue countries. Jerry pointed at o

发表于:2019-01-02 / 阅读(31) / 评论(0) 分类 简单慢速英语阅读

I'll be the paint on the wall 我可以是壁上的丹青美作 I'll be the rain in the fall 我可以是秋季的迷蒙细雨 I will be anything you want 为你,我一切皆可啊 my shutterbug 我的摄影师~ Snap the pics and capture all of my

发表于:2019-01-03 / 阅读(48) / 评论(0) 分类 听歌学英语

A: Are there any hobbies you do? B: When I have time, I sometimes draw and paint. A: Oh, you actually do that? B: Every so often, I do. A: Did you always know how to draw and paint? B: I was taught in high school how to draw and paint. A: You had an

发表于:2019-01-07 / 阅读(75) / 评论(0) 分类 英语闲谈

Athena Zhe: Painting a Canvas That Lives and Breathes 雅典娜哲:画油画、生活和呼吸 Athena Zhe grew up in Ukraine wanting to paint for the rest of her life. Her parents, however, wanted her to become a lawyer or a doctor. When she was 14,

发表于:2019-01-12 / 阅读(48) / 评论(0) 分类 2016年VOA慢速英语(六)月

[Verse 1:] I wish I could turn my body inside out So you could see every piece of me My heart can't contain this, my mouth don't explain it It ain't enough to tell you what I mean There's only so many words I could use to tell you what you do to me U

发表于:2019-01-16 / 阅读(29) / 评论(0) 分类 节奏布鲁斯

Todd: OK. Richard, do you like art? 托德:好,理查德,你喜欢艺术吗? Richard: I do. Very much. Yes. 理查德:我喜欢。非常喜欢。 Todd: OK. Um, what kind of art do you like? 托德:好。嗯,你喜欢哪种艺术? Rich

发表于:2019-01-17 / 阅读(135) / 评论(0) 分类 实战口语情景对话

Roman Opalka 罗曼欧帕尔卡 Roman Opalka, painter of infinity, died on August 6th, aged 79 罗曼欧帕尔卡,绘制无限的画家,于八月六日逝世,享年79岁 SLOWLY, though his heart was pounding like a runners, Roman Opalka approac

发表于:2019-02-02 / 阅读(52) / 评论(0) 分类 经济学人综合

Beginners. I drove around town today, looking for 'Hello Kitty' posters. I couldn't find any. I was so frustrated. I have a project going on at home that I really want to finish. Last week I painted my children's rooms, and now I am looking for acces

发表于:2019-02-05 / 阅读(49) / 评论(0) 分类 英语博客 A cup of English