The next morning Benny lay in bed wondering what excuse he could give to get back to the bus station. He couldnt think of anything. He wondered what had happened to Jud and Troy after Mr. Pickett had driven off with them. Would they get to the town m

发表于:2018-12-06 / 阅读(70) / 评论(0) 分类 18 Bus Station Mystery

Henri Breuil was a French priest, but he was also the foremost expert on cave art for much of the 20th century. He believed, perhaps not surprisingly, that the paintings were about hunting. Prehistori

发表于:2018-12-07 / 阅读(50) / 评论(0) 分类 人、艺术、世界

RACHEL MARTIN, HOST: That painting you see on the wall of an art museum is the product of the artist and the times in which he or she lived. It is also the result of today, no matter how old it is, a major museum's conservator's work to keep the art

发表于:2018-12-18 / 阅读(29) / 评论(0) 分类 2017年NPR美国国家公共电台6月

I wish we didnt need cosmetics. We spend so much time and money on them. And for what? We take them off at night, only to put them all on again in the morning. If you think about it. theyre amazingly expensive. Why does a lipstick or a small tube of

发表于:2018-12-26 / 阅读(37) / 评论(0) 分类 纯正英语一分钟

Enduring Hazing Rafael: Go away and stop following us. Our club is for boys only. Hannah: But I want to join. Rafael: You do, huh? Did you know that to join our club, you have to go through an initiation? Hannah: Okay, Ill do that. What do I have to

发表于:2018-12-26 / 阅读(66) / 评论(0) 分类 2012年ESL之日常生活

Steve opened it up, pulled out what was 他打开箱子,拿出 One of those first macintoshes off the assembly line, 刚刚从生产线上下来的第一台麦金塔电脑 Set it up on the floor. 在地板上组装好. Sean was down on the floor wi

发表于:2018-12-27 / 阅读(30) / 评论(0) 分类 名人传记

INVENTIONS Computers that use light instead of electricity, smart clothes that can make phone calls and play music, house paints that change colour with the seasons, e-paper and ads that speak to you -- the list of amazing new inventions that seem t

发表于:2018-12-29 / 阅读(112) / 评论(0) 分类 人教高中英语高二

All were agreed that no animal must ever live there. 大家全都赞成:任何动物都不得在此居住。 The animals had their breakfast, and then Snowball and Napoleon called them together again. 动物们用完早餐,斯诺鲍和拿破仑再次

发表于:2019-01-01 / 阅读(24) / 评论(0) 分类 动物农场 Animal Farm

Edward Hopper's Simple Paintings Hold Special Meaning for Americans VOICE ONE: I'm Shirley Griffith. VOICE TWO: And I'm Doug Johnson with People in America in VOA Special English. Today we tell about artist Edward Hopper. He painted normal objects an

发表于:2019-01-02 / 阅读(111) / 评论(0) 分类 名人轶事

发表于:2019-01-03 / 阅读(33) / 评论(0) 分类 英语抢先学

Colors of the Wind Vanessa Williams Colors of the Wind 风之色彩 2)Think you own whatever land you land on 你觉得你拥有你所驻足的每一方土地, Earth is just a dead thing you can 3)c

发表于:2019-01-04 / 阅读(40) / 评论(0) 分类 英乐时空

A: What kinds of things do you like to do? B: I've always liked to draw and paint. A: I didn't know you knew how to draw and paint. B: I do it every once in a while. A: How long have you known how to do that? B: I first learned how to do it in high s

发表于:2019-01-07 / 阅读(44) / 评论(0) 分类 英语闲谈

1. Hurricane Wilma slams Mexico's Caribbean coastline for a second day in a row, ripping away storefronts and peeling back roofs. 2. Amid more violence elsewhere in Iraq, US forces report killing 20 i

发表于:2019-01-08 / 阅读(125) / 评论(0) 分类 美联社新闻一分钟2005

think you own whatever land you land on earth is just a dead thing you can claim but i know every rock and tree and creature has a life,has a spirit,has a name think the only people who are people are

发表于:2019-01-08 / 阅读(84) / 评论(0) 分类 奥斯卡电影名曲盛典B

Head in my direction Like I'm looking through you slip in through the preview Holding my attention Now I want to hold you bring your body close to me I just want a tasting Touching and feeling have it for the weekend Testing all my patience Throw me

发表于:2019-01-11 / 阅读(37) / 评论(0) 分类 节奏布鲁斯

A: What are your suggestions for some inexpensive fixes to help me get the best price for my home? B: Painting the interior of your home is not that expensive and greatly improves the appearance of your home. A: Should I go for trendy colors or more

发表于:2019-01-15 / 阅读(53) / 评论(0) 分类 卖房英语情景对话

今天我们要学的词是streak。 Streak, 接连不断的。Winning streak连赢;losing streak连输。费城棒球队的强击手瑞安.霍华德星期天因病缺席比赛。It ended his streak of games at 343, which was the longest in Major L

发表于:2019-01-16 / 阅读(41) / 评论(0) 分类 英语单词荟萃

Artist Peter Doig Says He Didn't Paint This, And A Judge Agrees DAVID GREENE, HOST: You know, usually when there's a question about who created a piece of art, the artist is dead and can't speak up to say, hey, I made that or, no, not mine. NPR's And

发表于:2019-01-17 / 阅读(50) / 评论(0) 分类 2016年NPR美国国家公共电台8月

文本: King Arthas:Northrend. It feels like a _(1)_ since I was last here. Something out there is threatening the Lick King. We must reach Icecrown quickly. Necromancer:My king, well need to establish a base here first, but this island is near

发表于:2019-01-23 / 阅读(33) / 评论(0) 分类 小龟乐游记英语短文

复合材料及汽车词汇(二) Needled mat 针刺毡,针织毡 Non-ductile fracture 无塑性破坏 Nontwisting fiber 不加捻纤维 Notched izod test 带缺口悬臂梁式冲击试验 Nozzle 管嘴,喷嘴 Numerically controlled engine lathe 数控普通车床 Nylon resin 尼龙树脂 OEM (Or

发表于:2019-01-27 / 阅读(54) / 评论(0) 分类 英文语法词汇