Sometimes I really doubt whether there is love between my parents. Every day they are very busy trying to earn money in order to pay the high tuition for my brother and me. They dont act in the romantic ways that I read in books or I see on TV. In t

发表于:2018-12-07 / 阅读(28) / 评论(0) 分类 英语散文阅读

Senate Gun Debate Moves to Judiciary Committee Mass slaughters of children in Connecticut, movie-goers in Colorado, college students in Virginia, and congressional constituents in Arizona have amplified calls for action. First to speak at the hearing

发表于:2018-12-08 / 阅读(28) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2013年(一月)

Rwandan president Paul Kagame has again lashed out at the United Nations after a U.N. report suggested Rwandan soldiers were guilty of mass killings and rape in the Democratic Republic of Congo. Making a speech in London, Mr. Kagame suggested the rep

发表于:2018-12-12 / 阅读(47) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2010年(九)月

Every day we hear about people making radical career changes, the opportunity exist. But will all these changes make us happier? Maybe the question is not how can I get the job I love, but how can I love the job I have. There are four available steps

发表于:2019-01-02 / 阅读(30) / 评论(0) 分类 白领美丽英文诵典365

If love was a river And I was a drowning man Would you get in the water Would you lend me a hand If love was a river Would you sit on the land If love was a mountain High above this town Would you climb to the top Would you never look down If love w

发表于:2019-01-07 / 阅读(94) / 评论(0) 分类 美国乡村音乐

From my youngest years Till this moment here Ive never seen Such a lovely queen From the skies above To the deepest love Ive never felt Crazy like this before Chorus: Paint my love You should paint my love Its the picture of a thousand sunsets Its th

发表于:2019-01-09 / 阅读(43) / 评论(0) 分类 英文摇滚歌曲

Wendi: So I want you to tell me about your favorite movie ever, and why it's your favorite movie? Ken: My favorite movie ever? OOh! Wendi: Titanic. Ken: Titanic. Yeah, no. No, it's not. Wendi: Come on, you can be honest. Ken: I did watch it twice. I

发表于:2019-01-09 / 阅读(43) / 评论(0) 分类 原版英语对话1000个

THE MAKING OF A NATION - American History: The Civil Rights Movement STEVE EMBER: Welcome to THE MAKING OF A NATION American history in VOA Special English. Im Steve Ember. Today, we tell about the movement for civil rights for black Americans. (SOUN

发表于:2019-01-12 / 阅读(40) / 评论(0) 分类 2011年VOA慢速英语(十一)月

Greeks Seek Shelter Overseas As Russians Move In Greece and park it in a safe haven, he said. They talk about German bonds, gold and property and I suppose their argument is you cant live in a bond or in gold. Figures show Greeks are moving their mon

发表于:2019-01-13 / 阅读(41) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2012年(六月)

Basketball Court Moves To Broadway This sports arena introduction of basketball Hall-of-Famers Earvin Magic Johnson and Larry Bird sets the stage for a drama about a ferocious rivalry that turned into friendship. After seeing the script, Magic Johnso

发表于:2019-01-13 / 阅读(37) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2012年(四月)

US Spending Debate Moves on to Next Phase The months-long political debate on this year's U.S. government spending ended late Friday night with President Barack Obama and lawmakers agreeing on $38 billion in cuts. But numerous officials in Washington

发表于:2019-01-14 / 阅读(34) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2011年(四月)

Polio Victim Searches for Love in 'The Sessions' In the movie and in real life, Mark O'Brien contracted polio when he was six years old. Although he was paralyzed from the neck down, he went on to graduate from university and have a career as a write

发表于:2019-01-14 / 阅读(45) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2012年(十月)

Pink Tops Pop Charts with 'The Truth About Love' The Truth About Love is Pinks first studio album since 2008. She says the new songs show that shes still the feisty, angry girl shes always been, but admits they also give fans a look at her kinder and

发表于:2019-01-14 / 阅读(39) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2012年(十月)

Alabama City Remembered for Climactic Battle of Civil Rights Movement Weeks after a hurricane delayed the dedication of a new national memorial to the late civil rights leader Martin Luther King Jr., President Obama will lead the ceremonies on Sunday

发表于:2019-01-14 / 阅读(53) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2011年(十月)

Evelyn had lived in New Mexico with her husband Jasper for the last 20 years. It wasnt an exciting life, but they got by. They owned their own house. She spent her days each weekend with her two horses at a stable that was only a mile from her house.

发表于:2019-01-27 / 阅读(50) / 评论(0) 分类 365个英语简短小故事

By Jim Malone Washington 09 August 2007 Debate over foreign policy and how best to wage the war on terror continues to dominate the early stage of the 2008 U.S. presidential election campaign. VOA National correspondent Jim Malone has more from Washi

发表于:2019-01-31 / 阅读(87) / 评论(0) 分类 2007年VOA标准英语(八月)

By Jim Teeple Jerusalem 14 November 2006 A spokesman for the Hamas militant group says a new Palestinian government will not recognize Israel or accept a two-state solution to the Middle East conflict. The comments could complicate efforts to form a

发表于:2019-02-04 / 阅读(89) / 评论(0) 分类 2006年VOA标准英语(十一月)

这是Taylor Swift11月11号推出的新专辑里的一首歌曲,让你即便在冬日也感到丝丝暖意~~ 2006年冬天,15岁的乡村女歌手Taylor Swift推出他的首支单曲,以当红乡村巨星Tim McGraw的名字作标题,引起广大歌迷的注意,也打进了乡村排行榜前十。另人惊奇的是,Taylor Swift的

发表于:2019-02-05 / 阅读(103) / 评论(0) 分类 音乐咖啡厅

A baby's born in the middle of the night in a local delivery room They grab his feet, smack him till he cries he goes home the next afternoon 'Fore you know it he's off to school and then he graduates in May Goes out and gets a Ph.D. and then cures

发表于:2019-02-06 / 阅读(94) / 评论(0) 分类 美国乡村音乐

I wanna go to bed With arms around me But wake up on my own Pretend That I'm still sleeping Til' you go home I can't look at you This morning I should probably have a sign That says 'Leave right now or quicker' You've overstayed your time If I don't

发表于:2019-02-06 / 阅读(38) / 评论(0) 分类 美国乡村音乐