Mr. and Mrs. Jones' apartment was full of luggage, packages, furniture and boxes. Both of them were very busy when they heard the doorbell ring. Mrs. Jones went to open it and she saw a middle-aged lady outside. The lady said she lived next door. Mrs

发表于:2018-12-01 / 阅读(212) / 评论(0) 分类 新东方CET6阅读

突破口语之情景对话(27):Being misunderstood被误解 Kitty: Hi, why do you look so depressed today, Mike? Mike: I had a terrible quarrel with my neighbor yesterday. Kitty: How come? Mike: It is a long story. Basically, she thought I had laughed at her w

发表于:2018-12-24 / 阅读(78) / 评论(0) 分类 突破口语

刚吃了巧克力火锅,古奇和阿美怎么算都觉得太贵。恰好楼上有意大利自助餐,于是就决定去试试看。还真是别出心裁,收费竟然按体重,究竟怎么回事呢?请往下看。 Listen Read Learn Gucci: It's too expensive. Ten cookies cost a bundle. May: I noticed that they hav

发表于:2018-12-26 / 阅读(30) / 评论(0) 分类 英语口语大赢家

Now Your Turn A: Hi, come shopping with me. I want to buy a gift for my neighbor. B: What for? A: His wife died a couple of weeks ago, and he is feeling lonely. Hes been kind to us. I want to buy something to cheer him up. B: What do you want to get

发表于:2018-12-29 / 阅读(41) / 评论(0) 分类 新视野大学英语:视听说教程 2

Washington is dysfunctional today largely because people can't find anything they work together on 华盛顿今天之所以功能失调 很大程度上是因为他们没法找到任何一件能一起为之奋斗的事情 They think our difference is

发表于:2018-12-30 / 阅读(24) / 评论(0) 分类 公众人物毕业演讲

A: We really need to talk. B: What do we need to talk about? A: Was there a party going on in your apartment on Friday? B: I did throw a party on Friday. A: Oh, well, you were quite loud. B: I really didnt mean to be loud. A: I dont mind if you have

发表于:2019-01-05 / 阅读(37) / 评论(0) 分类 地道英语对话-租房

A: I was meaning to talk to you about something. B: Whats going on? A: Were you having a party in your apartment last Friday? B: Yes, I had a little party. A: It was very loud. B: I didnt intend on being too loud. A: Its fine if you want to have peop

发表于:2019-01-05 / 阅读(46) / 评论(0) 分类 地道英语对话-租房

Carbon Street is a long, tree-lined street with majestic houses on either side. The houses are owned by millionaires who cherish their quiet, residential street. Throughout the day, the only noise is usually the sound of various birds singing in the

发表于:2019-01-09 / 阅读(53) / 评论(0) 分类 365个英语简短小故事

英语作文 Once upon a time there was a stupid man. His neighbor bought a nice bell. The stupid man liked it very much and wanted to steal it. One silent night, he went to his neighbors house. He tried to get the bell off. But the bell rang the moment

发表于:2019-01-09 / 阅读(39) / 评论(0) 分类 英语作文

Lesson Seventeen 听力部分 Dialogue Completion: Listen to the tape repeatedly and try to complete the following dialogues, using the exact words or phrases that you hear on the tape. A Neighbor: Let's ________, okay? My name's George, what's yours

发表于:2019-01-14 / 阅读(29) / 评论(0) 分类 王强口语 第二册

Good morning, neighbor Scrapewell. 早上好,斯科利普韦尔。 I have half a dozen miles to ride today, and shall be extremely obliged if you will lend me your gray mare. 我今天要赶十几英里路,如果你能把你的灰马借我,我将

发表于:2019-01-17 / 阅读(31) / 评论(0) 分类 美国语文第四册

Good evening, everyone. We are live tonight from Cleveland, Ohio, where three women who were missing for about a decade are finally free after allegedly being held captive at that home across the street from where I'm standing, where you can see memb

发表于:2019-01-19 / 阅读(56) / 评论(0) 分类 CNN2013年(五)月

文本 S: What are you doing here? M: As ever, Im concerned about you. S: Yes, Ive been hearing about your concern. M: Always so aggressive. Did it never occur to you that you and I belong on the same side? S: Oddly enough, no! M: We have more in com

发表于:2019-01-21 / 阅读(27) / 评论(0) 分类 跟着英剧练发音

【生词预览】 goover 走过去, getoff 挂掉电话 【笑话原文】 HerMotherDiedtoo Oneday,awoman sneighborgoesovertoherhouse,seeshercrying,andasksherwhathappened.Thewomansaidthathermotherhadpassedaway.Theneighbormadehersomecoffeeandcalmed

发表于:2019-01-22 / 阅读(22) / 评论(0) 分类 英语笑话(MP3+文本)

【生词预览】 energetic 精力旺盛的, cross 生气的 【笑话原文】 AnEnergeticwife Neighbor:Iheardabignoiseinfrontofyourhouselastnight.Whathappenedtoyou? Husband:Itwasnothing.Mywifewasabitcross,andthrewmyovercoatoutofthewindow. Neighb

发表于:2019-01-22 / 阅读(26) / 评论(0) 分类 英语笑话(MP3+文本)

It's the ultimate high fiber diet. These creatures can even eat wool. They do have some saving graces. Just as dust mites clean up our dead skin, carpet beetles mop up the hair we shed, as well as any dead insects they find. But it's curtains for the

发表于:2019-01-22 / 阅读(40) / 评论(0) 分类 自然百科2013年

He likes apples. His neighbor has an apple tree. He walks to his neighbor's house. He knocks on the door. Ms. Parker opens it. She says hello. He asks her if he could get some apples. She lets him. He picks the best apples. He tastes one. It is sweet

发表于:2019-01-24 / 阅读(24) / 评论(0) 分类 英语第2级听力-English Level 2

Plants Share Light If Neighbor Is Related A study in the American Journal of Botany finds that plants can tell if they're next to a relative and will grow to allow the kin more access to light. Cynthia Graber reports. We humans are known to help out

发表于:2019-01-30 / 阅读(99) / 评论(0) 分类 60秒科学

I have great neighbors. They are friendly, I trust them, and they are helpful. What more could I ask for in a neighborhood? As a friendly neighbor myself, I do what I can to keep my relationship with the people next door to me a positive one. The nei

发表于:2019-02-06 / 阅读(38) / 评论(0) 分类 英语博客 A cup of English

Patricia: What do you think of our new neighbor? Ray: I dont know. I havent met him yet. Patricia: Me neither, but I think hes a shady character. Ray: Why do you think that? Patricia: Well, when he was moving in, I tried to shoot the breeze with him

发表于:2019-02-18 / 阅读(43) / 评论(0) 分类 地道美语播客