STEVE INSKEEP, HOST: Law enforcement officials are trying a new response to massive numbers of deaths from opioids. What some police are now doing is treating overdose sites as crime scenes, sometimes charging friends and loved ones with murder. Here

发表于:2018-12-01 / 阅读(70) / 评论(0) 分类 2018年NPR美国国家公共电台7月

Barbara couldnt take it any more. Her upstairs neighbor was blasting his stereo again. She had asked him twice already to turn the volume down. The first time she asked, he was surprised. He said he didnt know that she could hear his stereo. Yes, she

发表于:2018-12-06 / 阅读(47) / 评论(0) 分类 365个英语简短小故事

He was in his bedroom. He smelled food. The food smelled like chicken. It smelled good. A neighbor must be cooking dinner, he thought. But how could he smell his neighbor's dinner? The smell couldn't come through his apartment's heating vent. That ve

发表于:2018-12-07 / 阅读(42) / 评论(0) 分类 简单慢速英语阅读

When you play the game Monopoly, you take your chances. You could strike a rich, or you could land in a jail. This man, Kenneth Repke landed in a real jail after what started as a friendly game of Monopoly with his neighbor inside this Fraser town ho

发表于:2018-12-11 / 阅读(25) / 评论(0) 分类 万花筒2009年

The Road Not Taken Robert Frost Two roads diverged in a yellow wood, And sorry I could not travel both And be one traveler, long I stood And looked down one as far as I could To where it bent in the undergrowth ; Then took the other, as just as fair,

发表于:2018-12-11 / 阅读(36) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2014年(三月)

生活英语情景口语对话:拜访邻居,谈论一团糟的近况 邻里邻外都是亲,工作忙的没时间,很久才去拜访邻居,谈论最近一团糟的近况。请看下面的英语口语对话。 Miss Qi: Hi ,neighor .Long time no

发表于:2018-12-12 / 阅读(60) / 评论(0) 分类 生活英语情景对话

经典背诵 Recitation MayI love buffet. Better yet if it's an Italian buffet. There is one such place, downtown. It's interesting that the customers there would be charged by their weight.The only problem about it is overeating. People just don't k

发表于:2018-12-31 / 阅读(43) / 评论(0) 分类 英语大赢家上册

Noise. It gets into your head and under your skin. Too much noise can turn ordinary people into raging maniacs. All too-common noises in neighborhoods are the blaring TVs, blaring car radios, and barking dogs. Most cities have ordinances against exce

发表于:2018-12-31 / 阅读(41) / 评论(0) 分类 365个英语简短小故事

By Stefan Bos Budapest 19 March 2008 Serbia's neighbors Hungary, Bulgaria and Croatia have recognized Kosovo's independence. Stefan Bos reports for VOA from Budapest that their joint statement has led to tensions with Belgrade and concerns among ethn

发表于:2019-01-12 / 阅读(35) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2008年(三月)

The White House says the arrest of 11 Russians for alleged spying is not a setback to improved relations with Moscow. And Russian Prime Minister Vladimir Putin says he doesn't believe the scandal will hurt ties with the U.S. But the residents of a sm

发表于:2019-01-13 / 阅读(30) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2010年(七)月

'Porch Art' Brings Baltimore Neighborhood Together Four years ago, Beth Barbush, an artist and community activist in Baltimore, Maryland, started gathering neighborhood children on her porch to do arts and crafts projects. The occasional meetings soo

发表于:2019-01-14 / 阅读(40) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2011年(八月)

Former PM Nawaz Sharif Set to Lead Pakistan Once Again After a late night of celebrating Pakistans national election results, which showed former prime minister and businessman Nawaz Sharif as the big winner, Pakistanis woke up in the capital Islamab

发表于:2019-01-14 / 阅读(39) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2013年(五月)

Bob: Howdy neighbor. Neighbor: Hey Bob. Your house is really looking great. Bob: Thanks! The new ___________'__ ____ and the deck's almost ______. Neighbor:_______,________________________'_________________. Bob: I know what you mean. I went to a few

发表于:2019-01-14 / 阅读(85) / 评论(0) 分类 王强口语 第三册

LULU GARCIA-NAVARRO, HOST: Fifteen years after his death, Fred Rogers is having a moment. (SOUNDBITE OF TV SHOW, MISTER ROGERS' NEIGHBORHOOD) FRED ROGERS: (As himself, singing) It's a beautiful day in this neighborhood, a beautiful day for a neighbor

发表于:2019-01-16 / 阅读(34) / 评论(0) 分类 2018年NPR美国国家公共电台2月

Mister Rogers Talked Frankly With Kids About 'Grown-Up' Issues That Weren't MARY LOUISE KELLY, HOST: When I was a kid in the '70s and my mom needed a few moments of peace, she would plunk me down in front of the TV, adjust the rabbit ears and turn on

发表于:2019-01-17 / 阅读(31) / 评论(0) 分类 2018年NPR美国国家公共电台6月

Samantha, like many renters, is tired of renting. One reason is that her annual rent goes up like clockwork. Every year her landlord raises the rent five percent. Another reason is her neighbors. New neighbors always seem to be more inconsiderate tha

发表于:2019-01-27 / 阅读(50) / 评论(0) 分类 365个英语简短小故事

今天我们要学的词是acquaintance。 Acquaintance, 的意思是熟人、熟人关系,也就是彼此认识,但算不上朋友的那种人。社交网络Facebook最近宣布要推出一项新功能, You can demote friends to your acquaintanc

发表于:2019-02-02 / 阅读(40) / 评论(0) 分类 英语单词荟萃

By Isiyaku Ahmed Kano,Nigeria 07 June 2007 In Nigeria, the psychiatric hospital in the northern town of Kano covers all forms of mental illness. It also accommodates patients from other northern Nigerian towns and neighboring countries like: - the Re

发表于:2019-02-03 / 阅读(77) / 评论(0) 分类 2007年VOA标准英语(六月)

Farewell to Arms Fly often? If you do, who gets the arm rest? You? Or your neighbor? Good afternoon, this is your captain speaking. We are at cruising altitude and will be in flight for another three hours, so youd better get comfortable. That means

发表于:2019-02-25 / 阅读(64) / 评论(0) 分类 英语听力文摘 English Digest

Ya?l and Don wonder if old folks still appreciate humor. Y: Every time I see the old crone living next door to me I joke around a little, you know, to be friendly, and she just scowls at me. Maybe when people get old their sense of humor is the first

发表于:2019-03-06 / 阅读(118) / 评论(0) 分类 英语时差8,16