A farmer and his neighbor once went to Emperor Akbar's court with a complaint. Your Majesty, I bought a well from him, said the farmer pointing to his neighbor, and now he wants me to pay for the water. That's right, your Majesty, said the neighbor.

发表于:2018-11-29 / 阅读(141) / 评论(0) 分类 英文民间故事

Understanding how life got going on our own planet will help us target where we look for it in space, both within the solar system and beyond. Biophysicist, David Deamer, studies tide pools. A tide po

发表于:2018-12-07 / 阅读(60) / 评论(0) 分类 寻访外星人

.....green plants ultimately. When it first appeared therefore, it would have been seen as a poison, it would have been a pollutant. But gradually, through Darwinian natural selection, living organism

发表于:2018-12-07 / 阅读(41) / 评论(0) 分类 寻访外星人

“And so with Magellan we’ve got the first chance, one of the first chances, ok, to really get a complete map and view of it.” The Venusian landscape has a desert-like appearance, but it’s a go

发表于:2018-12-07 / 阅读(52) / 评论(0) 分类 寻访外星人

2042 A.D., powerful orbiting telescopes scour the heavens for signs of life. They focus on a dim yellow globe. Spectrum analyser results, negative, no oxygen, no life. The autotracker zooms into anoth

发表于:2018-12-07 / 阅读(54) / 评论(0) 分类 寻访外星人

Launched in 1977, Voyager II explored the outer planets and their weird moons, moving ever deeper into space, into regions completely mysterious to us earthlings. On board is a gold-coated phonograph

发表于:2018-12-07 / 阅读(65) / 评论(0) 分类 寻访外星人

The man who loved money守财奴 Once upon a time, there was a man who loved money. He loved it so much that he wouldn't spend any of the money he earned. He wouldn't part with even a tiny bit. This stingy man didn't buy new clothes. Instead, he wore

发表于:2018-12-18 / 阅读(43) / 评论(0) 分类 TED演讲国际问题篇

It was night time. He went out to walk his dog. His dog was big. The dog's name was Max. Let's go, Max! he said to his dog. He walked past his neighbor's house. He saw there were no lights in the house. His neighbor was not home. He walked past the m

发表于:2018-12-28 / 阅读(84) / 评论(0) 分类 英语第3级听力-English Level 3

发表于:2019-01-02 / 阅读(115) / 评论(0) 分类 寻访外星人

预测题一: Directions: Write a composition entitled Complaint About Noise. You should write at least 120 words according to the outline given below in Chinese: 与你住在同一栋楼里的邻居经常在夜间发出噪音,影响了你和周围

发表于:2019-01-03 / 阅读(34) / 评论(0) 分类 四六级写作指导

A: May I talk to you? B: Whats up? A: Did you have a party Friday? B: I did have a few people over. A: It was way too loud. B: I didnt realize I was making a lot of noise. A: I couldnt sleep with how loud it was. B: Im sorry for being so loud. A: Cou

发表于:2019-01-05 / 阅读(46) / 评论(0) 分类 地道英语对话-租房

Money 金钱 Everybody wants more money and works for money. 每个人都想要更多的钱并为挣钱而工作。 People can get most of the things if they have money. 有钱能买到大部分的东西。 How can children earn money? 孩子们如何挣

发表于:2019-01-10 / 阅读(48) / 评论(0) 分类 与美国小学生一起学英文第1册

Oh, a horse is soon curried, and my son Sam shall attend to it at once. 哦,给马梳洗很快就能完成,而且我儿子山姆马上就可以来做。 Yes, very likely; but I this moment recollect the creature has no shoes on. 是的,很可能;

发表于:2019-01-17 / 阅读(45) / 评论(0) 分类 美国语文第四册

Can you tell me what the Bible is? inquired the judge. 能告诉我什么是《圣经》吗?法官问道。 It is the word of the great God, she answered. 这是伟大的神的话,她回答。 Well, said the judge, place your hand upon this Bible

发表于:2019-01-17 / 阅读(36) / 评论(0) 分类 美国语文第四册

A: How's it going, Jim? This is Olivia. B: Hello, Olivia. What's up? A: I wanted to let you know that I have to move out. B: I'm sorry to hear that. When are you moving? A: The thirtieth of June. B: May I ask why you're leaving? A: I found a new job.

发表于:2019-01-20 / 阅读(44) / 评论(0) 分类 地道英语对话-租房

Shane listened to the sounds coming from the apartment above him. Was there a bowling alley up there? Was there a basketball court up there? Was there a dance studio up there? Was there a construction site up there? Things dropped on the floor. Thing

发表于:2019-01-22 / 阅读(36) / 评论(0) 分类 英文短篇故事(纽约)

Bart's upstairs neighbor was driving him nuts. He made all kinds of strange noises at all kinds of strange hours. If I tell my neighbor he's noisy, he won't believe me, Bart thought. He'll believe me only if he lives downstairs and hears himself upst

发表于:2019-01-22 / 阅读(51) / 评论(0) 分类 英文短篇故事(纽约)

In the remote village of Dugba-yeima, hundreds of people gather around a bonfire for fambul tok a special reconciliation ceremony where victims and offenders alike speak openly about the atrocities committed in their community during eleven years of

发表于:2019-02-12 / 阅读(59) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2010年(六)月

现在Michael 和李华正在公寓大楼前看热闹。李华会学到两个新词,一个是busted; 另一个是creep。 L: Michael,发生什么事儿啦,为什么有这么多警察在这儿啊

发表于:2019-02-12 / 阅读(23) / 评论(0) 分类 美国之音《流行美语》

21 Neighborhood Relationship A: Neighbors seem to be an important part of community relationship in China. B: I can give you example to illustrate this importance. For instance, if a couple had a noisy fight and the neighbors heard it, they would com

发表于:2019-02-25 / 阅读(93) / 评论(0) 分类 英语畅谈中国文化