The former Bosnian Serb general accused of being the architect of some of the worst atrocities in Europe, not seen since World War II, is under arrest. Ratko Mladic appeared in a Belgrade courtroom today, wearing a cap and appearing frail, as he was

发表于:2018-12-02 / 阅读(57) / 评论(0) 分类 2011年NPR美国国家公共电台5月

我深信一个人要想在这世上留下些什么,不一定非得成为贝多芬或是伦勃朗,或是生儿育女。确切地说,这并非一则信条,也不完全是个人奋斗的目标或许有人觉得是吧?不管怎样,倘若在我

发表于:2019-01-02 / 阅读(65) / 评论(0) 分类 精美英文欣赏

My great-grandfather was a drunk in Detroit, who sometimes managed to hold down a factory job. 我的曾祖父曾经住在底特律,他是个酒鬼,有时勉强去工厂工作。 He had, as unbelievable as it might sound, 21 children, with one wo

发表于:2019-01-18 / 阅读(60) / 评论(0) 分类 TED演讲国际问题篇

对大多数的工作旅行来说,到处逛逛是很容易的。但是那些你额外需要的东西呢?无论是询问你的同事或者是酒店里的礼宾部工作人员,这里有一些很有用的词组,有助于你的商务旅行。 外表

发表于:2019-01-22 / 阅读(48) / 评论(0) 分类 实用英语

唐顿庄园第一季第七集_5 [EXT. LONDON, BELGRAVE SQUARE/ INT. LADY ROSAMUND'S HOUSE - DAY] LADY ROSAMUND Of all of you, Sybil might find joy in a cottage. But not you. LADY MARY We don't know it'll be a boy. LADY ROSAMUND Exactly. So ask Matth

发表于:2019-01-28 / 阅读(47) / 评论(0) 分类 唐顿庄园第一季

In the most recent television version of Sherlock Holmes, Benedict Cumberbatch's performance is steeped in this sense of melancholy and frustration. 在最新版福尔摩斯电视剧中,本尼迪克特康伯巴奇的演绎同样充满了忧郁而失意

发表于:2019-01-29 / 阅读(48) / 评论(0) 分类 如何成为福尔摩斯

Innovation. Its easy to talk about it its probably one of your departments key goals or built into your companys mission statement but its not so easy to do. Its even harder to make it a habit in your day-to-day workflow. As an innovation consultant

发表于:2019-02-02 / 阅读(51) / 评论(0) 分类 阅读空间

MADRID, Jan. 17 (Xinhua) -- Real Madrid coach this Tuesday Jose Mourinho refused to speculate on what would be a good result for his side to take into the return leg of their Copa del Rey quarter final against Barcelona. Madrid receive Barca in the f

发表于:2019-02-03 / 阅读(68) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻

The most feared jaws in football have again snapped shut on human flesh. Renowned Uruguayan jerk Luis Surez appeared to chomp the shoulder of Italy's Giorgio Chiellini during a World Cup match on Tuesday. The player's latest chomp raises questions ab

发表于:2019-02-05 / 阅读(70) / 评论(0) 分类 阅读空间

Five Ways to Combat Loneliness When Youre Jobless Sit in front of laptop. Lie on couch. Eat pickles for lunch. Back to laptop. Feel sorry for self. Feel sick of self. Tear hair out in frustration. And back to couch. If this is your 9-to-5 routine, yo

发表于:2019-02-06 / 阅读(61) / 评论(0) 分类 阅读空间

1. Why that two-timing! 为什么那么不专情。 2. Don't let it get you down. There are plenty of fish in the sea. 别让这件事影响你的情绪。天涯何处无芳草。 3. Are you cheating on me? Because I've been hearing some rumors. 你是

发表于:2019-02-06 / 阅读(52) / 评论(0) 分类 英语口语

Your friends out of work. But while she scrambles to make ends meet and worries about the future, youre heading into a stable workplace every day and collecting a steady paycheck.Her predicament puts your cranky boss and overloaded inbox in perspecti

发表于:2019-02-06 / 阅读(75) / 评论(0) 分类 阅读空间

When the quiet one in the room suddenly shouts, people tend to listen. On that basis, the reserved and thoughtful Norwegians who run the countrys $850bn oil fund should get a decent hearing next time they visit Wolfsburg, having declared they will su

发表于:2019-02-07 / 阅读(32) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻

RIO DE JANEIRO, June 25 (Xinhua) -- On the road against a struggling Atletico-PR on Saturday, Bahia won 2-0 in the 6th round of the Brazilian Championship. The result led to the release of Atletico-PR's head coach, Adilson Batista. Lulinha and Marcon

发表于:2019-02-08 / 阅读(64) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻

After a weekend where tens of thousands of protesters took to the streets to denounce corporate greed and budget cuts, some protests are still lingering across Europe. CRI's Ding Lulu has more. Hundreds of police officers, fire-fighters and members o

发表于:2019-02-14 / 阅读(41) / 评论(0) 分类 世界各地新闻集锦

如果问一个美国年轻人是支持希拉里呢?还是支持特朗普?很可能每四个人里就会有一个人会告诉你,Ta宁可让一颗巨大的流星毁灭地球,也不愿意这二位中的任何一位当选。 Young Americans are

发表于:2019-02-16 / 阅读(39) / 评论(0) 分类 阅读空间

GWEN IFILL: We take a closer look at the killing of the Jordanian pilot and reaction with Rod Nordland of The New York Times, who is on the ground in Amman, and former Jordanian Foreign Minister Marwan Muasher. He's now vice president for studies at

发表于:2019-02-17 / 阅读(59) / 评论(0) 分类 PBS访谈社会系列

UNITED NATIONS, May 13 (Xinhua) -- UN Secretary-General Ban Ki- moon on Tuesday announced that he accepted the request of Lakhdar Brahimi to step down as the UN-Arab League special envoy to Syria, adding that the resignation will be effective on May

发表于:2019-02-18 / 阅读(51) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻

AM IN THE fortunate, or unfortunate, position of having twin daughters at university. Fortunate to have them; unfortunate in that everything comes at double cost. This includes paying rent for their accommodation. We have only just managed, yet again

发表于:2019-02-25 / 阅读(102) / 评论(0) 分类 阅读空间

What Will You Learn Today? A Typical Life? I gotta be honest, I really like my life. Of course I have my moments (being human and all), but for the most part, it rocks. Not a day goes by where I am not thankful for, or totally aware of, what I have a

发表于:2019-03-02 / 阅读(154) / 评论(0) 分类 阅读空间