Hi I'm Natalie and welcome to Talking Sport. Today we're hearing about a Namibian sprinter and learning the word 'frustration'. The road to the Olympics isn't always easy. Some athletes train for years and still don't make it to the Games. Today Matt

发表于:2018-11-29 / 阅读(102) / 评论(0) 分类 英语讨论

5Guard your steps when you go to the house of God. Go near to listen rather than to offer the sacrifice of fools, who do not know that they do wrong. 2Do not be quick with your mouth, do not be hasty in your heart to utter anything before God. God is

发表于:2018-12-05 / 阅读(40) / 评论(0) 分类 圣经旧约 传道书

唐顿庄园第二季第一集_15 [Anna enters to find Ethel sitting on the bed crying.] ANNA Not you, too. [Anna puts her lamp on the mantel and pulls up a chair beside Ethel.] ANNA What's the matter? ETHEL Why ask? You don't care. [Anna rolls her e

发表于:2019-01-01 / 阅读(42) / 评论(0) 分类 唐顿庄园第二季

African Terrorism 非洲恐怖主义 On July 21, London suffered its second round of terror attacks this year, with the discovery of four bombs that failed to explode in the British capital's transit

发表于:2019-01-03 / 阅读(82) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA2005(下)--国政军事聚焦

Once upon a time a farmer, Gopi, lived in a village. He had few acres of land. One hot afternoon, the poor farmer was digging his field. All of a sudden, his spade hit something. Then he continued his digging. It is a big metal pot, said Gopi. It was

发表于:2019-01-03 / 阅读(56) / 评论(0) 分类 英汉幽默故事选读

Challenging Mideast leaders to seize what he called a fleeting opportunity to end their differences, President Obama is playing host to the first Mideast peace talks in nearly two years. The president holding talks today with Israeli Prime Minister B

发表于:2019-01-08 / 阅读(54) / 评论(0) 分类 2010年NPR美国国家公共电台9月

State police say the number of people missing after a flash flooding in Arkansas is down to about two dozen. The early Friday floods have killed at least 17 people. NPR's Wade Goodwyn is near the campgrounds in Langley, Arkansas and tells us more tha

发表于:2019-01-08 / 阅读(52) / 评论(0) 分类 2010年NPR美国国家公共电台6月

From NPR News in Washington, I'm Lakshmi Singh. Fierce firefighting efforts are under way in eastern Arizona, where the Wallow Fire is now nearly 470,000 acres, making it the largest in state history. While many people have returned to their homes, A

发表于:2019-01-08 / 阅读(78) / 评论(0) 分类 2011年NPR美国国家公共电台6月

Life is filled with more instances of waiting than actually doing what we were waiting for. On a lighter and lesser philosophical note, we all have gone through the irritating period of waiting for someone who is a regular late comer. These times com

发表于:2019-01-08 / 阅读(45) / 评论(0) 分类 英语小短文

Gloom Creeps Across Europe as Greece, Others Struggle Another day, another protest in Greece, where anger is giving way to hopelessness. It is unfair, it is a mistake, to put an end to social support in Greece, because this will end up being applied

发表于:2019-01-14 / 阅读(116) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2012年(二月)

1.If you can make a reasonable living doing what you love, DO WHAT YOU LOVE. You may not get rich, but youll get to do what you love, and thats priceless。如果你能以你喜欢做的事为职业,尽情投身其中吧。你可能不会赚很多钱

发表于:2019-02-18 / 阅读(36) / 评论(0) 分类 英语美文

It's not about career planning or career transition; its about how you define career? How you synergize your career, hobbies and dreams in a long run? And making all relevant subtle changes for a more satisfying life. 这与职业规划或职业过渡没

发表于:2019-02-18 / 阅读(63) / 评论(0) 分类 阅读空间

Yellow Post-its Can you still find this day, my dear, among your possessions? Among the souvenirs of your trips to faraway lands, the textbooks from those halcyon days when you walked the hallowed portals of that engineering college, the cassettes wh

发表于:2019-02-19 / 阅读(47) / 评论(0) 分类 英语美文

我思因我在AnnaIt is impossible to know all the thoughts and experiences that merge together to make a person. Countless images flash through my mind when I think how I have come to find myself. These images are like the 1)shards of a bro

发表于:2019-02-20 / 阅读(42) / 评论(0) 分类 英语美文

Still, though her surgery was successful, she notes that it was an isolating experience. 尽管她的手术很成功,但她表示这是一次孤独的经历。 Even though your family is there for you and cares for you, it becomes a solitary journe

发表于:2019-02-21 / 阅读(89) / 评论(0) 分类 人物杂志

Ukraine is holding ceremonies to mark the 30th anniversary of Chernobyl, the world's worst nuclear accident. Siren sounded at the exact moment of the first explosion in the plant's reactor in April 1986, from Ukraine, Tom Burridge. Candles were lit a

发表于:2019-02-21 / 阅读(45) / 评论(0) 分类 中英双语新闻

Good communication skills are key to success in life, work and relationships. Without effective communication, a message can turn into error, misunderstanding, frustration or even disaster by being misinterpreted or poorly delivered. Communication is

发表于:2019-02-22 / 阅读(38) / 评论(0) 分类 英语美文

Even so, the Japanese public, bombarded by TV advertisements for the listing, has flocked to buy shares. 即便如此,由于电视上铺天盖地的上市宣传,日本民众纷纷购买该公司股票。 SoftBank benefits both from domestic inves

发表于:2019-02-24 / 阅读(80) / 评论(0) 分类 经济学人商业系列

Private universities 私立大学 A degree of frustration 一定程度的沮丧 Higher education is embracing private suppliersbut timidly 高等教育欢迎私立大学办学者但是仍显怯懦 The first batch of 60 undergraduates at the New Colle

发表于:2019-02-24 / 阅读(42) / 评论(0) 分类 经济学人商业系列

The Scroll Marked Seven 羊皮卷之七 I will laugh at the world. 我要笑遍世界。 No living creature can laugh except man. Trees may bleed when they are wounded, and beasts in the field will cry in pain and hunger, yet only I have the gift of

发表于:2019-03-02 / 阅读(57) / 评论(0) 分类 英语美文