Book Review;Entrepreneurs 书评;企业家 Headbanging 离奇的企业家 World Changers: 25 Entrepreneurs Who Changed Business As We Knew It. By John Byrne. 世界改变者:25位改变传统商业的企业家 作者:约翰拜恩。 Hero-worshi

发表于:2018-12-31 / 阅读(29) / 评论(0) 分类 经济学人人物系列

What are some uncommon habits that contribute to success? 哪些非同寻常的习惯可以助你成功? 获得108好评的回答@Nela Canovic: All 5 of these habits have one thing in common: they can help you train your brain to focus on whats m

发表于:2019-01-01 / 阅读(44) / 评论(0) 分类 阅读空间

引言: 成和败全都在你的思想,下定决心你就可以支配你的命数,管制你的思想就可以改变自己的命运... Kiss of Reality To talk of illusions, are't they great? illusion or day dreaming help us to think of what we w

发表于:2019-01-02 / 阅读(43) / 评论(0) 分类 精美英文欣赏

Sixteen years ago I learned an important life lesson, in the back of a New York City taxi cab. I hopped in a taxi, and we took off for Grand Central Station. We were driving in the right lane when, all of a sudden, a black car jumped out of a parkin

发表于:2019-01-02 / 阅读(84) / 评论(0) 分类 每天一点英文

A Good Heart to Lean on When I was growing up, I was embarrassed to be seen with my father. He was severely crippled and very short, and when we would walk together, his hand on my arm for balance, people would stare. I would inwardly squ

发表于:2019-01-07 / 阅读(49) / 评论(0) 分类 阅读空间

Patrick Hennessey reads from an incident report he remembers from his time as a captain in the British Army in Afghanistan in 2007. Now for all the world to see on Wikileaks. Two shots are fired at the bottom of the car. A vehicle crashed off the roa

发表于:2019-01-08 / 阅读(67) / 评论(0) 分类 CNN2010年(八)月

UN Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon calls the flooding in Pakistan the worst natural disaster he's ever seen. The UN chief spent the day flying over the hardest-hit areas. As many as 20 million people are affected. From the city of Multan in the souther

发表于:2019-01-08 / 阅读(42) / 评论(0) 分类 2010年NPR美国国家公共电台8月

Break-ups are never easy. Whether you were just dating or married, with or without kids, it hurts when a relationship ends. To spend time grieving is perfectly natural and healthy but there comes a time when your heart yearns to be healed. The follow

发表于:2019-01-08 / 阅读(42) / 评论(0) 分类 英语小短文

Break-ups are never easy. Whether you were just dating or married, with or without kids, it hurts when a relationship ends. To spend time grieving is perfectly natural and healthy but there comes a time when your heart yearns to be healed. 分手从来

发表于:2019-01-08 / 阅读(30) / 评论(0) 分类 英语阅读理解

Since ancient times,a tribute to the poetry of flowers did not cease, the plum blossom is the孤傲poet described the regular, Liu Yuxi, the Dow had a lotus flower Zhuo-Qing Lian without demon. Famous, more next-day Bi endless days, for other red flo

发表于:2019-01-08 / 阅读(42) / 评论(0) 分类 英语演讲

Communication is an essential part of work and home life. Understanding how to be a good communicator can be an important productivity tool, one thats frequently neglected. Poor communication can often have disastrous results; lost time, injured feel

发表于:2019-01-08 / 阅读(39) / 评论(0) 分类 励志英语

Na na naii Watch me while I stand here Watch my feet, my stance, my body language Im not someone to be messed with Im a fox on a mission You know youre challenging the best here Its gonna be real hard But Im gonna be okay As long as I try real hard I

发表于:2019-01-10 / 阅读(38) / 评论(0) 分类 英文最新流行歌曲

Minister Datuk Seri Tengku Adnan Mansor defended the award of datukship to Jackie Chan on February 1 by saying the popular Hong Kong actor has a large fan following here. 2月1日,拿督斯里东姑安南部长赞誉著名香港演员成龙在当地拥

发表于:2019-01-17 / 阅读(37) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻

There will never be anyone else like you in the future of the universe. That's why being yourself is more important than anything else. 宇宙中再不会有一个人和你一样。这就是为什么做自己比什么都重要。 That's how life work

发表于:2019-01-17 / 阅读(29) / 评论(0) 分类 阅读空间

这是一位自闭症患儿的妈妈写的关于爱和感动的故事: Relax. He is the same little boy you loved yesterday. I smiled trying to hold back the tears. No he isnt. Yesterday I dreamed he would be an astronaut. Today I am hoping he will

发表于:2019-01-17 / 阅读(47) / 评论(0) 分类 英语美文

A: Im Avi Arditti with Rosanne Skirble and, now that the Olympics are over, were back with WORDMASTER. This week -- going for gold in using the dictionary! RS: We looked up our friend Lida Baker. She teaches in the American Language Center at the Uni

发表于:2019-01-18 / 阅读(32) / 评论(0) 分类 英语单词大师-Word Master

外表 I need a suit in a hurry! Do you know where I can get one? 我需要一根领带,快点!你知道我在哪里可以买到吗? Where can I get my shoes polished? 哪里有修鞋? I need a pair of heels in a hurry, where can I get a pair

发表于:2019-01-22 / 阅读(35) / 评论(0) 分类 实用英语

To Jobs, this seemed preferable to talk therapy because it involved intuitive feeling and emotional action rather than just rational analyzing. 在乔布斯看来,这一疗法比谈话疗法要好,因为这其中包含了直观的感受和情感上

发表于:2019-01-22 / 阅读(33) / 评论(0) 分类 乔布斯传

Still in Books and Arts; Book Review;Memoir of the Middle East;Scent of dreams; 文艺;书评;中东回忆录;梦之味; I Was Born There, I Was Born Here. By Mourid Barghouti. 《我在那里出生,我出生在这里》,穆里德巴尔

发表于:2019-01-26 / 阅读(43) / 评论(0) 分类 经济学人文艺系列

JUDY WOODRUFF: As secretary of defense for both Presidents George W. Bush and Obama, Robert Gates oversaw critical moments in the Iraq and Afghanistan wars. He would emotionally address the troops in the field, but back home showed a stoic public fac

发表于:2019-01-27 / 阅读(27) / 评论(0) 分类 PBS访谈社会系列