Session IV: People Do the Strangest Things(人会做很奇怪的事) 1. Shoot the Breeze = chat informally 美国人把无目的的闲聊比作是向微风射击,打风。 范例对话: A: What ar

发表于:2019-01-03 / 阅读(20) / 评论(0) 分类 英文名句短语

Cover me 掩护我 I can't believe how much I hate 难以置信我内心的厌恶多么深重 Pressures of a new place roll my way 陌生环境带来的压力让我举步维艰 Jumpsuit, jumpsuit cover me 穿上穿上飞行员服将我包裹 Jumpsuit

发表于:2019-01-03 / 阅读(26) / 评论(0) 分类 听歌学英语

A: Wow! That\'s a really amazing piece of art you\'re creating. A: 哇! 你在作的这个真是件很棒的艺术品! B: Talking about amazing? You\'ve gotta check out Beck\'s. His work will really blow you away. B: 要说棒吗?你应该看看Beck的

发表于:2019-01-08 / 阅读(31) / 评论(0) 分类 美国俚语

Oysters 牡蛎 Oysters live in salty water, so they are usually found in the sea. 牡蛎生活在咸水中,所以它们通常在海里。 Some oysters hate dirt or dust. 一些牡蛎讨厌尘土。 When a bit of sand goes into an oyster shell, 一粒

发表于:2019-01-10 / 阅读(54) / 评论(0) 分类 与美国小学生一起学英文第8册

Brushfire fairytales Itsy bitsy diamond wells Big fat hurricanes Yellow-bellied given names Well, shortcuts can slow you down And in the end we're bound To rebound off of we Well, dust off your thinking caps Solar-powered plastic plants Pretty pictur

发表于:2019-01-11 / 阅读(52) / 评论(0) 分类 美国乡村音乐

Fabric Fights Dust Mites in Your Bed 你床上织物中的抗尘螨 Many people around the world suffer from dust-related allergies. People with allergies have trouble breathing or suffer from tightness in the chest and shortness of breath. Most alle

发表于:2019-01-12 / 阅读(64) / 评论(0) 分类 2015年VOA慢速英语(十)月

Not a daily newspaper this time, but the 'bible' that covered journalism Ted Landphair | Washington, DC 16 December 2009 Photo: James Cridland, Flickr Creative Commons Lots of the newspapers that Editor Publisher covered saw this sign on their doors

发表于:2019-01-13 / 阅读(43) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2009年(十二月)

Chapter 5 - The retreat From Smolensk the troops continued to retreat, followed by the enemy. On the tenth of August the regiment Prince Andrey commanded was marching along the highroad past the avenue leading to Bald Hills. Heat and drought had cont

发表于:2019-01-18 / 阅读(22) / 评论(0) 分类 有声英语文学名著

My Favourite Game I don't know what you're looking for you haven't found it baby, that's for sure You rip me up and spread me all around in the dust of the deed of time And this is not a case of lust, you see it's not a matter of you versus of me It

发表于:2019-01-20 / 阅读(92) / 评论(0) 分类 音乐咖啡厅

Alan turned his laptop on. The fan started humming loudly. It was a loud, steady hum. Alan could hear the hum from ten feet away. It hummed until he turned his laptop off. He told his friend about the hum. His friend said there was dust near the fan.

发表于:2019-01-22 / 阅读(32) / 评论(0) 分类 英文短篇故事(纽约)

神探夏洛克第二季第三集_13 夏洛克 Sherlock! 是他 是那个人 That is him. It's him. 苏莱曼尼什么的 麦克罗夫特给我看过档案 Sulejmani or something,Mycroft showed me his file. 著名阿尔巴尼亚匪徒 He's a big Alba

发表于:2019-01-28 / 阅读(33) / 评论(0) 分类 神探夏洛克第二季

The war is over, turn around Lay your weapons on the ground The smoke is fading, before the light The dead are coming back to life He has made a way for us Born for glory out of dust Children held within the arms of peace He has made a way for all Me

发表于:2019-02-01 / 阅读(97) / 评论(0) 分类 音乐咖啡厅

An initial investigation has indicated that the explosion at Kunshan could have been caused by dense clouds of dust that built up inside the workshop. But how does dust cause an explosion? Well, it's actually a well-known phenomenon. and the results

发表于:2019-02-03 / 阅读(64) / 评论(0) 分类 CCTV9英语新闻2014年08月

Hey Mona Lisa, who was Leonardo? Was he Andy Warhol? You were Marilyn Monroe Hey Mozart, what kind of name is Amadeus It is kinda like Elvis You gotta die to be famous I may not go down in history I just want someone to remember me I probably never h

发表于:2019-02-07 / 阅读(41) / 评论(0) 分类 美国乡村音乐

I see the daylight outside my window Dust covered glass blocks my skin from the wind that blows The sheets move like ghosts do pinned to the clothesline More than a few are concerned about you They all shake their heads and say it's such a shame But

发表于:2019-02-08 / 阅读(34) / 评论(0) 分类 美国乡村音乐

Everything is so empty now Now that your gone We're all grieving around here from dust till dawn We just wanted one more chance to say our last goodbyes Or just take one more look those beautiful blue eyes And I'm just sorry I waited this long to wri

发表于:2019-02-11 / 阅读(25) / 评论(0) 分类 英文摇滚歌曲

I will run I will climb I will soar 我奔跑 我登攀 我要展翅翱翔 I'm undefeated 我所向披靡 Jumping out of my skin pull the chord 挣脱自我的桎梏 拨动琴弦 Yeah I believe it 是啊 我坚信 The past is everything we were don't

发表于:2019-02-17 / 阅读(25) / 评论(0) 分类 听歌学英语

If you ain't got two kids by 21, You're probably gonna die alone. Least that's what tradition told you. And it don't matter if you don't believe, Come Sunday morning, you best be there in the front row like you're supposed to. Same hurt in every hear

发表于:2019-02-26 / 阅读(96) / 评论(0) 分类 美国乡村音乐

I was really moved by these experiences, 我被这些真实的故事深深打动了 and I decided that I wanted to write about them 我之前计划只是写一本书来记录 not only in a book I was working on, but also in an article, 但是现在我觉

发表于:2019-03-04 / 阅读(74) / 评论(0) 分类 TED演讲教育篇

Preacher gave it to him when he was eight, That Sunday morning he got saved in that little church Grandaddy totted it to Bible school I bet back then it looked brand new, not a faded word Now the cover's torn and the leather's worn... on that Old Kin

发表于:2019-03-11 / 阅读(108) / 评论(0) 分类 美国乡村音乐