Bite the Dust (go down in defeat) Andy did exceptionally well in all of the track events, but he bit the dust in the high jump competition. Much to the disappointment of his fans, he went down in defe

发表于:2018-11-28 / 阅读(238) / 评论(0) 分类 疯狂英语2002年

Sorry,thereisnottexttemporarily,Pleasehelptingroomtolookforit! 如果您能找到更好的听力原文,请发贴到 听力原文收集区 ,您将会获得10到30积分的奖励! Thankyou !

发表于:2018-12-13 / 阅读(68) / 评论(0) 分类 新课标小学英语阅读100篇

3There is a time for everything, and a season for every activity under heaven: 2a time to be born and a time to die, a time to plant and a time to uproot, 3a time to kill and a time to heal, a time to tear down and a time to build, 4a time to weep an

发表于:2018-12-18 / 阅读(33) / 评论(0) 分类 圣经旧约 传道书

profit n.利润 vt.对......有利 vi.获利 He made a handsome profit from the sale. 他从这次买卖中得到可观的利润。 It will not profit you at all to do such a thing. 做这样的事将对你毫无益处。 A wise person profits from h

发表于:2018-12-30 / 阅读(44) / 评论(0) 分类 赖世雄进阶英语词汇3500

Herry Wadsworth Longfellow / 享利.沃兹渥斯.朗费罗 Tell me not in mournful numbers, 请别用哀伤的诗句对我讲; Life is but an empty dream! 人生呵,无非是虚梦一场! For the soul is dead that slumbers, 因为沉睡的灵魂如死一般, And things are not what the

发表于:2019-01-02 / 阅读(102) / 评论(0) 分类 英语诗歌

8Then the Lord said to Moses, Go to Pharaoh and say to him, 'This is what the Lord says: Let my people go, so that they may worship me. 2If you refuse to let them go, I will plague your whole country with frogs. 3The Nile will teem with frogs. They w

发表于:2019-01-09 / 阅读(52) / 评论(0) 分类 出埃及记

The Dandelions Helen Gray Cone 蒲公英 海伦格雷科恩 Upon a showery night and still, 在阵雨的晚上,四下十分寂静, Without a sound of warning, 没有一点警告声, A trooper band surprised the hill, 伞兵部队突降山头,

发表于:2019-01-10 / 阅读(44) / 评论(0) 分类 美国小学英语教材6

1. Congressional leaders will head back to the White House tomorrow. They try to work out a deal to raise the debt ceiling and cut federal spending. President Obama says hell reject any short-term solution to the problem. 2. A massive dust storm swep

发表于:2019-01-11 / 阅读(114) / 评论(0) 分类 美联社新闻一分钟2011(七月)

AS IT IS 2015-11-08 Going West for Decades on Route 66 一路向西的66号公路 Americas tallest monument dominates the skyline of St. Louis, Missouri, the largest city on Route 66 between Chicago and Los Angeles. The Gateway Arch represents the be

发表于:2019-01-12 / 阅读(149) / 评论(0) 分类 2015年VOA慢速英语(十一)月

Larry和李华在纽约参加长跑比赛。李华今天要学两个常用语,eat my dust和sore loser. LL: It's a good thing you've been training for this race, Li Hua. But you are still going to eat my dust. LH: Eat your dust? Yuck. 吃你的土?

发表于:2019-01-15 / 阅读(46) / 评论(0) 分类 美国之音《流行美语》

Come in, Amy. Shut the door, please. This bedroom's very untidy. What must I do, Mrs. Jones? Open the window and air the room. Then put these clothes in the wardrobe. Then make the bed. Dust the dressing table. Then sweep the floor. shut 关门 put 放

发表于:2019-01-23 / 阅读(43) / 评论(0) 分类 英语学习乐园

Everybody knows that the dice are loaded 每个人都知道骰子被灌了铅 Everybody rolls with their fingers crossed 每个人都为自己的命运捏了一把汗 Everybody knows that the war is over 每个人都知道战争已经结束 Everybody

发表于:2019-02-01 / 阅读(32) / 评论(0) 分类 听歌学英语

English English 和American English已被英国人承认是存在的,而且英国人也在学习使用比较简单化的American English。 其实,不单是语法结构方面如此,甚至单词的使用也有这样的倾向。这是说,在英式英语和美式英语中,假若是用不同的词汇表达同一个意思的,那么,使用

发表于:2019-02-02 / 阅读(25) / 评论(0) 分类 实用英语

经典歌曲-靠近你(THE LONG TO BE CLOSE TO YOU)卡朋特 Why do birds suddenly appear Every time you are near? Just like me, they long to be Close to you Why do stars fall down from the sky Every time you walk by? Just like me, they long to b

发表于:2019-02-03 / 阅读(45) / 评论(0) 分类 经典英文歌曲

From lashes to ashes and from lust to dust In your sweetest torment, I'm lost And no Heaven can help us Ready, willing and able to lose it all For a kiss so fatal and so warm Oh, it's heartache every moment From the start till the end It's heartache

发表于:2019-02-18 / 阅读(30) / 评论(0) 分类 英文摇滚歌曲

If thou survive my well-contented day, 如果你的寿限长过我坦然面对的天命之数, When that churl Death my bones with dust shall cover, 当无情的死神掩埋我的尸骨于一抔黄土, And shalt by fortune once more re-survey 而你

发表于:2019-02-24 / 阅读(220) / 评论(0) 分类 莎士比亚十四行诗全集

Demon man with your hell on my neck Preachin' to me I'm not worthy of amnesty You're no testimony to my final fate Unlike you I'm not drunk on my reverie I will build a kingdom from my remnants I will build a kingdom from my remnants I'm nobody's lef

发表于:2019-02-25 / 阅读(76) / 评论(0) 分类 音乐咖啡厅

Come along with the last rays of light Catch a last glimpse of the unknown ones A shot of hatred raise our minds to fight And compel us into glory ride Soon we all will be heroes On the morrow of war Light the sky a fire inside Unleashing the end whe

发表于:2019-03-02 / 阅读(72) / 评论(0) 分类 英文摇滚歌曲

A Psalm of Life Life is but an empty dream! For the soul is dead that slumbers, And things are not what they seem. Life is real! Life is earnest! And the grave is not its goal; Dust thou art, to dust returnest, Was not spoken of the soul. Not enjoyme

发表于:2019-03-10 / 阅读(170) / 评论(0) 分类 双语有声阅读

《Dream It Possible》由国际著名音乐人Andy Love作曲,来自洛杉矶的歌手Delacey (有小Adele之称)演唱。后张靓颖也演绎过英文版,同时与著名词作人王海涛共同填词完成中文版《我的梦》,并在2015年

发表于:2019-03-11 / 阅读(168) / 评论(0) 分类 卡卡课堂早餐英语