American comedian George Carlin is remembered for telling jokes about politics, religion and even the English language. He used humor to express his dislike of things such as misused words and the overuse of common expressions. One of his pet peeves

发表于:2018-12-08 / 阅读(71) / 评论(0) 分类 2018年VOA慢速英语(十一)月

肢体语言也是可以传达信息的哦!七个小习惯让你无意间就变傲慢。一起随小编来本期英语阅读中了解一下吧! You need to be conscious of yourbody language. It's advice you've heard time and time again. But, in m

发表于:2018-12-08 / 阅读(22) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2016年(二月)

Some people eat to avoid being bored. Others to avoid doing something theyd rather not, like preparing a podcast. Now a report says we might eat to avoid fungi. Because warm-bloodedness, a condition that requires a lot of calories, may have evolved t

发表于:2018-12-24 / 阅读(34) / 评论(0) 分类 Scientific American(十)月

Do you ever think about or worry about the number of calories you eat and drink every day. Its not really something I thought about when I was younger. But now I have to think about my calorie intake. Im putting on weight and so need to be more caref

发表于:2018-12-26 / 阅读(43) / 评论(0) 分类 纯正英语一分钟

unit 19 找名胜古迹 dialogue 英语情景对话 A:Excuse me, how do I get to the Forbidden City? A:请问一下,去紫禁城怎么走? B:Follow this road and turn right at the second intersection. lt'll be right there. B:沿着这条路往前走

发表于:2018-12-26 / 阅读(129) / 评论(0) 分类 高频英语口语对话

今天我们的节目要和大家讨论一个劲爆的话题: 在酒吧里男人们常用的老土搭讪的招数!虽然现代社会科技文化飞速发展,但男人们在酒吧泡妞的招数还是老一套!有没有点创意啊?今天我们就

发表于:2018-12-26 / 阅读(29) / 评论(0) 分类 美国文化脱口秀

Grammar Girl here. Today's topic is one versus you. Guest-writer Bonnie Trenga is going to help us determine the best way to talk in general terms about the average person. Bonnie says, If you want to talk about people in general, should you say, It

发表于:2019-01-02 / 阅读(69) / 评论(0) 分类 英语语法 Grammar Girl

Now, its time for Words and Their Stories from VOA Learning English. Spring is in the air! Well, at least, in half of the world. The amount of daylight in the northern half is increasing, day by day. And air temperatures are slowly rising. Spring is

发表于:2019-01-03 / 阅读(61) / 评论(0) 分类 2018年VOA慢速英语(三)月

This is Scientific American's 60-Second Science. I'm Sophie Bushwick. Got a minute? The early bird gets the wormand may avoid skin cancer. Because a new mouse study suggests that, for humans, tanning in the mornings may be less likely to permanently

发表于:2019-01-08 / 阅读(65) / 评论(0) 分类 Scientific American(十一)月

对很多人来说,有一个四字魔咒是永远绕不开的。因为这四个字,你能买票去最坑爹的景点,吃下最难吃的饭菜, 为流水线生产的纪念品买单。而这四个字就是来都来了! 自我安慰时 1Since I

发表于:2019-01-08 / 阅读(29) / 评论(0) 分类 英语口语

[全屏观看] 点击右键- 另存为 可保存这个Flash影片 Description: Theres a runaway train headed your way and its loaded with a cargo of toxic chemicals! Can you build track fast enough to guide it through towns and avoid massive destruct

发表于:2019-01-08 / 阅读(135) / 评论(0) 分类 Daily Free Games

公司董事David和Ken谈话,觉得公司CEO Vincent不称职。David说, David:One of Vincent's biggest problems is his tendency to micro-manage everything. He sticks his nose into everything instead of leaving the day-to-day decisions to the g

发表于:2019-01-15 / 阅读(31) / 评论(0) 分类 商务礼节美语

Sooner or later, almost everyone who travels by airfrom occasional passengers to professional pilotsis affected by jet lag. One research study reported that as many as 94 percent of all long-distance fliers experience some form of jet lag. 从偶尔坐

发表于:2019-01-16 / 阅读(38) / 评论(0) 分类 阅读空间

I'm gonna wake up -- yes and no I'm gonna kiss some part of I'm gonna keep this secret I'm gonna close my body now I guess I'll die another day I guess I'll die another day I guess I'll die another day I guess I'll die another day Sigmund Freud Analy

发表于:2019-01-16 / 阅读(268) / 评论(0) 分类 影视英文歌曲

DOHA, Feb. 15 (Xinhua) -- Serena Williams made the history at the age of 31 as the American became the oldest world number one after a quarter-final victory at the Qatar Open on Friday here. Her 3-6, 6-3, 7-5 battle against Petra Kvitoa of the Czech

发表于:2019-01-17 / 阅读(49) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻

9.个人健康场景 headache, got a headache, avoid smoky , vitamins, maintaining a healthy lifestyle, diet, try to avoid sugar, salt, butter not too much milk lean meat, fish, nuts eggs, need lots of bread, vegetables and fruit. 看病场景 考点:

发表于:2019-01-18 / 阅读(61) / 评论(0) 分类 英文语法词汇

WASHINGTON, Feb. 19 (Xinhua) -- U.S. Treasury Secretary Timothy Geithner on Sunday threw U.S. support behind the latest Greek economic reform package and said the United States would encourage the International Monetary Fund (IMF) to back this agreem

发表于:2019-02-13 / 阅读(55) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻

Here are five simple but effective suggestions to make eating a healthy diet easier: 下面有五种简单却很有效的建议让健康饮食更简单: 1. Don't Stock Your Temptations. 不要储存美食诱惑 This seems simple, but it's really im

发表于:2019-02-16 / 阅读(60) / 评论(0) 分类 阅读空间

ROME, April 12 (Xinhua) -- Bologna beat Cagliari 1-0 for a crucial win at home on Thursday to move away from the relegation zone of Serie A. Alessandro Diamanti scored the winner of the game in the 54th minute as Stefano Pioli's side moved six points

发表于:2019-02-18 / 阅读(81) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻

讨喜法 Avoid the clichs. 避免老生常谈。 Let's face it most of us don't like boring people. Instead, we like the unusual,the unique sometimes even the bizarre. 我们要面对现实大多数人都不喜欢无聊的人。相反,我们喜欢不

发表于:2019-02-23 / 阅读(38) / 评论(0) 分类 英语听力广播—Listening