大伙肯定都觉得大象怕老鼠...其实不然,大象真正怕的居然是蜜蜂! Don: Hey Yal, have you ever heard that old wives' tale about how elephants are afraid of small rodents like mice and rats? Yal: Yeah, Don. But like many old wive

发表于:2018-12-07 / 阅读(70) / 评论(0) 分类 大千世界

Lesson 67 Volcanoes New words and expressions: 1. volcano Haroun Tazieff, the Polish scientist, has spent his lifetime studying active volcanoes and deep caves in all parts of the world. This is a dormant volcano. Pompeii disappeared after the volcan

发表于:2018-12-08 / 阅读(422) / 评论(0) 分类 新概念英语词汇随身听手册2

The holidays are a time where festive calorie-packed foods start coming out of the woodwork. It is also a time where people tend to overeat and put on a few pounds. Can you avoid gaining weight while still being able to enjoy the delicious holiday fo

发表于:2018-12-18 / 阅读(30) / 评论(0) 分类 实用英语

So from there, from there, we're both getting up, we're both getting up, going in this direction, going underneath. 所以从那起,我们都站起来,我们都站起来,向这个方向走, 再从底下绕过去。 Whoa, whoa, underneath. Who

发表于:2018-12-19 / 阅读(28) / 评论(0) 分类 TED演讲教育篇

听力题目: 17. (A). Let the driver get off at the intersection . (B). Has the bus driver reached the intersection yet? (C). Have you ever gotten off at this intersection? (D). Tell the driver you will get out at the intersection. 18. (A). Im not

发表于:2018-12-19 / 阅读(76) / 评论(0) 分类 新托福写作真题解析

AZUZ: Well, that sense may be getting worse, especially for you all. And as somebody who played the drums in middle and high school. I sympathize with you. There's a new study out about 12 to 19 year old. It found that the number of teens who suffer

发表于:2018-12-20 / 阅读(45) / 评论(0) 分类 CNN2010年(八)月

Alex, do you like to drive? 阿莱克斯,你喜欢开车吗? Sure. But I don't like to sit in traffic! 当然。但是我不喜欢堵在路上。 When I'm tired, I avoid driving. 当我比较疲惫的时候,我会避免开车。 I know. It is n

发表于:2019-01-23 / 阅读(37) / 评论(0) 分类 大家说英语

Mae and Julie were walking home from school. 梅和朱莉走在从学校回家的路上。 Julie was asking Mae about the comic book club. Mae was in the club. 朱莉在问梅有关漫画社团的事情。梅就在那个社团里。 I was thinking ab

发表于:2019-01-23 / 阅读(40) / 评论(0) 分类 大家说英语

1.Organize your thoughts before writing: brainstorm、make an outline、etc. 下笔前整合思绪:脑力激荡,写出纲要等。 2.Write clearly. Be concise. Avoid wordiness. 写作清晰,务必精简,避免赘言。 3.Use good grammar and write complete sentences. 使用好的文

发表于:2019-02-01 / 阅读(36) / 评论(0) 分类 四六级写作指导

Step 1: Listen to all announcements on the PA and follow all directions given by the train driver, even if they contradict the instructions in this article - they know best。 听从列车司机指挥,即使指挥与本文相悖他们更了解当时情

发表于:2019-02-01 / 阅读(29) / 评论(0) 分类 阅读空间

自己说英语会经常闹笑话?别灰心,其实美国人和别国人讲英语时也会闹笑话的! 因为有些词在美国是这个意思,但是在另外的英语国家却完全是另外一个意思。看看下面8个常见但容易闹笑话

发表于:2019-02-06 / 阅读(39) / 评论(0) 分类 英语口语

As the development of the society, people want to conquer the environment, they use the high technology to change the environment, when people are satisfied with what they did to the nature, the nature is starting to teach human being a lesson. In th

发表于:2019-02-06 / 阅读(54) / 评论(0) 分类 英语作文

经典歌曲-不顾一切的爱making love out of nothing at all--air supply I know just how to whisper And i know just how to cry I know just where to find the answers And i know just how to lie I know just how to fake it And i know just how to sche

发表于:2019-02-07 / 阅读(39) / 评论(0) 分类 经典英文歌曲

Is it acceptable to write alright as one word, rather than two separate ones? For example: 将all right 用单个单词alright来代替是不是可以接受的呢?比如: She calls them whenever she is travelling to assure them she is alright. 无论

发表于:2019-02-13 / 阅读(29) / 评论(0) 分类 英文语法词汇

I've lived the entirety of my life in the in-between, 我一直生活在向交地带, in the liminal space between dreams and reality, race and gender, poverty and plenty, science and society. 徜徉于梦想和现实,种族和性别,贫穷与富

发表于:2019-02-13 / 阅读(38) / 评论(0) 分类 TED演讲国际问题篇

BEIJING, April 1 (Xinhua) -- Chinese cities have been urged to step up the construction of drains to avoid waterlogging during the flood season. Local authorities should work to eliminate hidden troubles and take emergency measures to avoid casualtie

发表于:2019-02-18 / 阅读(41) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻

1. take offline 1. 脱机 Usually, when you take something offline, it refers to discussing something outside the context of an in-person meeting, often because it is not relevant to the discussion at hand, does not involve everyone present, or invol

发表于:2019-02-18 / 阅读(31) / 评论(0) 分类 阅读空间

Ican'tagreewithyou. 我不赞同你。 例句: A:Youknowyoushouldn'tdothat.It'snotgoodforyou. 你知道你不应该这样做的,这对你没好处。 B:ButIlikeit.It'sinteresting. 但是我喜欢啊,这非常有趣。 A:Justbecauseyoulikeit?Tha

发表于:2019-02-23 / 阅读(57) / 评论(0) 分类 跟艾米莉一起学口语

Navigating the Etiquette of Social Media Blogging, social networking and a veritable host of methods of stay in contact with people are all very new. There is no real handbook of online etiquette that we can turn to with questions of how many comment

发表于:2019-03-02 / 阅读(161) / 评论(0) 分类 阅读空间

模仿句子:Well, that was The Apopalyptics with their anti-tax-avoidance rap Money on An Island. The group made that to try and lobby European governments to clamp down on tax avoidance where multinationals use loopholes to avoid paying up. 翻译:

发表于:2019-03-06 / 阅读(122) / 评论(0) 分类 英音模仿秀