At Age 90, Former President Jimmy Carter is Still Going Strong Former U.S. President Jimmy Carter celebrates his 90th birthday October 1. While not the oldest living president, Carter has set the record for the longest post-presidency of any former o

发表于:2018-12-08 / 阅读(33) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2014年(九月)

From NPR News in Washington, Im Lakshmi Singh. Former President Jimmy Carter is receiving radiation treatment this afternoon for cancer, which doctors have diagnosed as melanoma. In a candid exchange with reporters early today in Atlanta, Carter reco

发表于:2018-12-18 / 阅读(54) / 评论(0) 分类 2015年NPR美国国家公共电台8月

When I was young, there was an amazing publication called The Whole Earth Catalog, 当我年轻的时候, 有一本叫做整个地球的目录振聋发聩的杂志, which was one of the bibles of my generation. 它是我们那一代人的圣经之一

发表于:2018-12-18 / 阅读(60) / 评论(0) 分类 财富精英励志演讲

Robert Glasper Talks 'ArtScience,' The Latest From His Adventurous Jazz Crew play pause stop mute unmute max volume 00:0006:26repeat repeat off Update Required To play the media you will need to either update your browser to a recent version or updat

发表于:2018-12-19 / 阅读(49) / 评论(0) 分类 2016年NPR美国国家公共电台9月

Social worker Laura Shipler Chico is about to have her first baby. In naming the traits she and her husband hope the child will posses, she believes she will discover the things she values the most. I believe in mystery. I believe in family. I belie

发表于:2018-12-19 / 阅读(39) / 评论(0) 分类 2007年NPR美国国家公共电台

A: OK, class, settle down. I have the results of your individual personality tests. I am going to hand them out and if youd like, you can read them out loud to the rest of the class. B: Ill read mine! A: OK, go ahead. B: It says here that I am advent

发表于:2018-12-25 / 阅读(23) / 评论(0) 分类 纯正地道美语

Mr. Parsons: Now, Miss Childs passed on your resume to me and Ive had the chance to look it over and I must say Im quite impressed. Rebecca:Thank you very much. Ive tried to keep it short and clear. If theres any questions please feel free to ask me.

发表于:2018-12-25 / 阅读(27) / 评论(0) 分类 纯正地道美语

美国驻中国员工Tiffany跟中国同事Kelly聊天儿,说起中西餐的差别。比如,美国人饭桌上永远看不到鱼头或是鸡头。Tiffany大发感慨道, T: In some ways, perhaps the Chinese approach to meat-eating is more hones

发表于:2018-12-25 / 阅读(35) / 评论(0) 分类 礼节美语

Paula: Did you get an invitation to Kip and Sheris wedding? Robert: Yeah, I did. Im still trying to wrap my head around the two of them getting married. Never in my wildest dreams would I put those two together. It boggles my mind that theyre in the

发表于:2019-01-01 / 阅读(39) / 评论(0) 分类 地道美语播客

Texas Couple Become Goat-Farming Entrepreneurs Most people hold on to their jobs for security and whatever benefits they might provide. But some adventurous souls follow a more challenging path, becoming entrepreneurs, working for themselves with no

发表于:2019-01-06 / 阅读(47) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2011年(十一月)

name worth remembering. His last movie, Last Resort was a critical favorite. His latest was named the best British film of 2004, and has just been released in US theatres. It is called My Summer of Love, and Los Angeles Times and Morning Edition film

发表于:2019-01-08 / 阅读(132) / 评论(0) 分类 2005年NPR美国国家公共电台

By Patricia Nunan Srinigar, Kashmir 10 May 2006 watch Kashmir Tourism report Srinigar's Dal Lake Kashmir, the disputed border region between India and Pakistan has long been considered off limits to a

发表于:2019-01-09 / 阅读(86) / 评论(0) 分类 2006年VOA标准英语(五月)

By Tetiana Vorozhko Washington, D.C. 21 December 2007 Christmas trees in the United States are not only a holiday tradition but big business as well. Every year Americans buy some 30 million live trees. They are grown at special farms like the 'Pepe

发表于:2019-01-11 / 阅读(50) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA常速英语2007年(十二月)

By Susan Logue Mount Vernon, Virginia 30 October 2006 watch Mount Vernon report Mount Vernon, the historic home of the first U.S. President, George Washington, celebrated the opening of new galleries and theaters on its property Friday. As VOA's Sus

发表于:2019-01-12 / 阅读(101) / 评论(0) 分类 2006年VOA标准英语(十月)

Taylor Swift's 'Red' Among 2012's Best Sellers Swift is used to breaking sales records and she continues that trend with Red. The album sold more than 1.2 million copies its first week of release, which makes Taylor Swift the only female artist in So

发表于:2019-01-14 / 阅读(46) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2012年(十一月)

DAVID GREENE, HOST: Americans are not just shopping online. They are buying pricey items on the Web. Nearly 3 out of 10 online shoppers in the United States have bought a product that costs a thousand dollars or more. That is according to an NPR/Mari

发表于:2019-01-17 / 阅读(63) / 评论(0) 分类 2018年NPR美国国家公共电台6月

Beginners. On my recent trip to New Zealand, I met lots of different people. In Los Angeles, where I waited to catch the plane to Aukland, I met three older ladies who were going on the same trip. We sat in the airport and chatted. They were very int

发表于:2019-01-28 / 阅读(27) / 评论(0) 分类 英语博客 A cup of English

By Katherine Cole Washington 18 September 2007 Singer and songwriter Kelly Willis has four children under the age of seven. That explains why it's been five years between albums for the Austin, Texas-based performer. Was it worth the wait? VOA's Ka

发表于:2019-02-03 / 阅读(76) / 评论(0) 分类 2007年VOA标准英语(九月)

The culinary delights of China are tantalizing selection to tickle your taste buds, but what does it all mean? Beijing's restaurant menus have been given a linguistic makeover in a bid to tempt visitors to the Olympic host city to eat the local cuisi

发表于:2019-02-06 / 阅读(38) / 评论(0) 分类 英伦广角

DAVID GREENE, HOST: French voters are going to pick their next president on Sunday. They are choosing between far-right candidate Marine Le Pen and a centrist newcomer, Emmanuel Macron. He's a former economy minister. He's seen as pro-business. He sa

发表于:2019-02-13 / 阅读(39) / 评论(0) 分类 2017年NPR美国国家公共电台5月