(woman) Good evening. My name is Pam Jones, and on behalf of the Modern Dance club, I'd like to welcome you to tonight's program. The club is pleased to present the TV version of The Catherine Wheel, Twyla Tharp's rock ballet. This video version of

发表于:2018-12-05 / 阅读(32) / 评论(0) 分类 托福听力短文

Be it said,that though I had felt such a strong repugnance to his smoking in the bed the night before,yet see how elastic our stiff prejudices grow when love once comes to bend them. For now I liked nothing better than to have Queequeg smoking by me,

发表于:2018-12-07 / 阅读(44) / 评论(0) 分类 白鲸记

RACHEL MARTIN, HOST: Now to the debate about so-called free range parenting. This whole concept drew a lot of attention recently after a couple in Maryland let their two kids, aged 10 and 6, walk one mile on their own from a local park back to their

发表于:2018-12-28 / 阅读(54) / 评论(0) 分类 英语语言学习

新春将近,老一辈的人总是在新的一年开始的时候根据生肖算一下自己来年的运气,而年轻人则会针对自己的星座测算一下新的一年里的运程。星座是西方人的传统性格分析学问,但你知道怎

发表于:2019-01-07 / 阅读(37) / 评论(0) 分类 英语日常口语

This is Scientific American's 60-Second Science. I'm Christopher Intagliata. Got a minute? (The) most obvious effect of birth control pills is, well...birth control. But the pill may have subtler effects, too. Like influencing which guy a woman goes

发表于:2019-01-08 / 阅读(57) / 评论(0) 分类 Scientific American(十)月

3月8日妇女节和3月14日白色情人节就快到了,各位同学有没有想好给自己的妈妈、女朋友或是身边的女性同胞买什么礼物呢?如果现在还是一头雾水的话,不如和我们一起从星座的角度出发,看

发表于:2019-01-08 / 阅读(38) / 评论(0) 分类 节日英语

今天分享的是上学那些年后悔没做过的事。 重点词汇 adventurous adj. 爱冒险的;大胆的;充满危险的 teenage rebellion phase青少年叛逆期 cautious adj. 谨慎的;十分小心的 bully vt. 欺负;威吓 nuts abou

发表于:2019-01-17 / 阅读(44) / 评论(0) 分类 卡卡课堂早餐英语

1. Who is visiting Jori for the weekend? A. her best friend B. her brother Bob C. her sister 2. What is Carol wearing? A. a sweater B. a red sweat shirt C. a black blouse 3. What is Carol like? A. She's sociable. B. She's timid C. She's very reserved

发表于:2019-01-23 / 阅读(40) / 评论(0) 分类 听英文对话做选择

Todd: So Mark, when I was in London I saw so many people from New Zealand and actually everywhere in the world I meet so many people from New Zealand, but you have such a small population. Is anybody still in New Zealand? Mark: Yeah, I think the Kiwi

发表于:2019-01-30 / 阅读(84) / 评论(0) 分类 英语访谈对话

Some take it seriously. Some bid it farewell just after the clock strikes twelve. Some call it a Second Chance to Dream with Eyes Open. New Year Resolution no one can deny having made some. 有人很重视它,有人新年钟声一响完就把它抛到

发表于:2019-02-02 / 阅读(64) / 评论(0) 分类 阅读空间

A New York hotel starting at $22 per night? 一家每晚22美元起的旅馆,在纽约? In a city where a chain hotel room can cost hundreds of dollars per night, that sounds like an old-fashioned New York scam. 这听起来很像是个过时的纽

发表于:2019-02-11 / 阅读(31) / 评论(0) 分类 实用英语

Will this futuristic design signal the wave of the future for superyachts for the super-rich? Shaped like the top half of a star, the concept vessel measures 162 feet in length and more than 60 metres in height, and has over 3,500 square metres of lu

发表于:2019-02-11 / 阅读(31) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻

I received the impression of a life which was a bitter struggle against every sort of difficulty; 我的总印象是,这个人一直在同各式各样的困难艰苦斗争; but I realised that much which would have seemed horrible to most people

发表于:2019-02-13 / 阅读(39) / 评论(0) 分类 月亮和六便士

Are you all right, Max? I got here as fast as I could. 麦克斯,你没事吧?我尽快赶来了 Caroline texted me to hurry over 卡洛琳发短信叫我快来 because you didn't know you were pregnant, and you were giving birth over toilet. 说你

发表于:2019-02-17 / 阅读(41) / 评论(0) 分类 打工姐妹花第一季

When others get off the train to finally go home, Leonie Mller stays behind. That's because she already is home: The train is her apartment, and she says she likes it that way. 当其他人都下火车回家时,莱奥妮米勒(Leonie Mller)留了

发表于:2019-02-17 / 阅读(44) / 评论(0) 分类 阅读空间

Merriam-Webster defines a princess as a member of a royal family, the wife of a prince or usually an attractive girl or woman who is treated with special attention. 《韦氏词典》将公主一词定义为王室的一员、王子的妻子或者是引

发表于:2019-02-17 / 阅读(67) / 评论(0) 分类 趣味英语

RIO DE JANEIRO Sugarloaf Mountain is one of the iconic attractions in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil. Offering unparalleled views of the city, thousands of World Cup fans are ascending to the top each day, either to watch the games or just enjoy the sights.

发表于:2019-02-18 / 阅读(47) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻

I asked him what might be his immediate purpose, touching his future movements. 说到他将来的动向,我就问他目前打算怎样。 He answered, to go to sea again, in his old vocation. 他回答说,又要出海去干他的老行当了。 Upon

发表于:2019-02-25 / 阅读(57) / 评论(0) 分类 白鲸记

Like Captain Peleg, Captain Bildad was a well-to-do, retired whaleman. 象法勒船长一样,比勒达船长也是个小康的退休捕鲸者。 But unlike Captain Peleg-who cared not a rush for what are called serious things, and indeed deemed those

发表于:2019-02-25 / 阅读(39) / 评论(0) 分类 白鲸记

Adele金曲:《My Same》 You said I'm stubborn and I never give in I think you're stubborn 'cept you're always softening You say I'm selfish, I agree with you on that I think you're giving out in way too much in fact I say we've only known each ot

发表于:2019-02-26 / 阅读(61) / 评论(0) 分类 经典英文歌曲