A few years ago, I felt like I was stuck in a rut, so I decided to follow in the footsteps of the great American philosopher, Morgan Spurlock, and try something new for 30 days. The idea is actually pretty simple. Think about something you've always

发表于:2018-12-04 / 阅读(29) / 评论(0) 分类 英语语言学习

They--Jem (MV) Though the downbeat electronica and laconic vocals of Cardiff-born Jem Griffiths find her lumbered with a Dido-wannabe tag, she's actually much more adventurous than that. On the whole, Finally Woken sounds like someone finally told B

发表于:2018-12-07 / 阅读(79) / 评论(0) 分类 娱乐新天地MV 2006

AS IT IS 2016-02-29 The World's 10 Places 'On the Rise' 世界上10个地方正在崛起 Earlier this month, we introduced you the top American destinations on the rise. The expression on the rise means that something is becoming better or more popul

发表于:2018-12-08 / 阅读(23) / 评论(0) 分类 2016年VOA慢速英语(二)月

Vertical Gardens 垂直花园 by Marcus Maurice More than 30 years ago, a French scientist named Patrick Blanc went to Thailand to study plants. This adventurous young man traveled to the heart of a tropical rainforest and set up a platform at the to

发表于:2018-12-08 / 阅读(108) / 评论(0) 分类 常春藤解析英语

Try something new for 30 days A few years ago, I felt like I was stuck in a rut, so I decided to follow in the footsteps of the great American philosopher, Morgan Spurlock, and try something new for 30 days. The idea is actually pretty simple. Think

发表于:2018-12-28 / 阅读(73) / 评论(0) 分类 跟希哥学英语

When the Mediterranean sailors of ancient Greece and Egypt looked west toward Italy, they stared into a great unknown. It was 800 years before the birth of Christ and Rome still didn't exist but stori

发表于:2018-12-31 / 阅读(142) / 评论(0) 分类 罗马的崛起

By reason of these things,then,the whaling voyage was welcome;the great flood gates of the wonder world swung open, and in the wild conceits that swayed me to my purpose, two and two there floated into my inmost soul,endless processions of the whale,

发表于:2019-01-01 / 阅读(51) / 评论(0) 分类 白鲸记

Names by Katherine Bilsborough Shakespeare told us that a rose, by any other name, would smell as sweet. But is that true? Are names important? Are you happy with the name that you were given as a baby? And how do you choose a name for your own child

发表于:2019-01-02 / 阅读(163) / 评论(0) 分类 英语音频杂志

Were bombarded every day by magazines and websites advising us how to find our soul mate. But how honest are you being with yourself? Is a small or a huge part of you content being single? Not every sign is delirious1 about being part of a perfectly

发表于:2019-01-07 / 阅读(37) / 评论(0) 分类 实用英语

11. Manage your money before it starts to manage you. 积极理财,别反被金钱束缚。 Too many people buy things they dont need with money they dont have to impress people they dont know. Dont be one of them. Bottom line: Its easier to find l

发表于:2019-01-08 / 阅读(104) / 评论(0) 分类 励志英语

[00:05.20]LISTENING [00:07.84]There are many poems about the ocean and life of sailors and fishermen. [00:14.00]One of the most famous English poems about life on the ocean [00:19.85]tells the story of an adventurous sea journey. [00:24.61]Listen to

发表于:2019-01-10 / 阅读(127) / 评论(0) 分类 高中英语人教版高二

Love and romance are alive and well on new CDs by Sophie Milman and Roberta Gambarini. Doug Levine | Washington 22 December 2009 Sophie Milman's 'Take Love Easy' CD For arrangement, I look for a presentation that allows the song to be the center of a

发表于:2019-01-13 / 阅读(43) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2009年(十二月)

A few years ago, I felt like I was stuck in a rut, 几年前,我感觉对老一套感到枯燥乏味, so I decided to follow in the footsteps of the great American philosopher, Morgan Spurlock, 所以我决定追随伟大的美国哲学家摩根斯

发表于:2019-01-18 / 阅读(28) / 评论(0) 分类 TED演讲教育篇

Primal Scream is a tradition at Harvard University. At midnight on the last night of reading period and before final exams begin, students streak through the Old Yard. The streakers begin in the north end of The Yard and generally make one lap around

发表于:2019-01-29 / 阅读(57) / 评论(0) 分类 走进哈佛大学

CHEST: You are practical person. Straightforward and do not beat around the bush. To you, convenience is of paramount至高无上的importance. You hate to be distracted when concentrating and are imp

发表于:2019-02-01 / 阅读(70) / 评论(0) 分类 阅读空间

The Slow Eater 慢食者 After everyone else has finished their meal, you'll find this person plodding along, eating one little bite at a time. When sitting down at the table, the slow eater takes his or her sweet time -- and is always the last perso

发表于:2019-02-01 / 阅读(22) / 评论(0) 分类 阅读空间

I had not been seated very long ere a man of a certain venerable robustness entered; immediately as the storm-pelted door flew back upon admitting him, a quick regardful eyeing of him by all the congregation, sufficiently attested that this fine old

发表于:2019-02-17 / 阅读(26) / 评论(0) 分类 白鲸记

Without consulting Castro or Che, Khrushchev makes a deal with Kennedy. America would never invade Cuba. We will take our missiles out. To Fidel Castro and Che, it is an act of absolute betrayal. And it was Che who was the first Cuban official face t

发表于:2019-02-18 / 阅读(33) / 评论(0) 分类 英语听力:文化博览2008年

Cowboys! 牛仔! Everyone knows the word cowboy! 所有人都知道牛仔这个词! The cowboy is an important part of American folklore. 牛仔是美国民俗中重要的一部分。 There are many films about cowboys and the West. 有很多关于

发表于:2019-02-26 / 阅读(70) / 评论(0) 分类 美国西部探险

Although snails can and do successfully mate without stabbing each other, studies have shown that darted snails store one-hundred-sixteen percent more sperm than undarted snails.

发表于:2019-03-06 / 阅读(88) / 评论(0) 分类 英语时差8,16