Get ready for some heart-pounding1 and adventurous fun. After Indiana Jones kept audiences waiting for almost 20 years, he will finally return to the big screen. In Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal2 Skull3, Harrison Ford again takes on th

发表于:2018-11-30 / 阅读(87) / 评论(0) 分类 常春藤生活英语

26 Renting an Apartment GLOSSARY apartment manager a person whose job is to take care of problems in an apartment building, collect the rent, and find peopleto live in the building * When our toilet stopped working, we called the apartment manager. v

发表于:2018-12-03 / 阅读(74) / 评论(0) 分类 2008年ESL之旅行交通购物

Lesson 6 Christmas 圣诞节 Words: adopt vt. 采用,采纳;收养 adore v. 崇拜,崇敬;极喜爱 adorn vt. 装饰 adornment n. 装饰,装饰品 adroit adj. 熟练的,灵巧的 advent n. (尤指不寻常的人或事)出现,到来 adventure n. 冒险经历 adventurous adj. 喜欢冒险的,

发表于:2018-12-05 / 阅读(44) / 评论(0) 分类 胡敏托福词汇记单词

Each summer, as children, my brother and I spent most of August at the cottage Grandpa Rodham had built in 1921 about twenty miles northwest of Scranton in the Pocono Mountains overlooking Lake Winola. The rustic cabin had no heat except for the cas

发表于:2018-12-07 / 阅读(60) / 评论(0) 分类 希拉里有声自传

After getting settled in his job with // in just one week, Sean Aiken is now out of a job. No, he has been laid off or fired. He is leaving as planned, just as he left his last job and several before that. He is under an adventurous quest to complet

发表于:2018-12-11 / 阅读(29) / 评论(0) 分类 万花筒2007年

Mexico Tourism Thrives in Spite of Violent Crime At the recent G-20 summit in Los Cabos, Mexico's tourism secretary, Gloria Guevara, hailed world leaders for recognizing tourism's role in promoting economic development. One of every 12 jobs in the wo

发表于:2018-12-16 / 阅读(27) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2012年(六月)

This was the closest I've been to facing death, and I hope its the closest I get for a few more decades. Having lived through it, I can now say this to you with a bit more certainty than when death was a useful but purely intellectual concept: 这是我

发表于:2018-12-18 / 阅读(37) / 评论(0) 分类 财富精英励志演讲

09 Reading a World Map GLOSSARY map a piece of paper with drawings and text showing the location of places * Noah hung a large world map on his office wall and circled all the places he hasvisited. globe a round ball that rotates in a special stand a

发表于:2018-12-26 / 阅读(101) / 评论(0) 分类 2010年ESL之旅行交通购物

Julia: OK, Nathan. So we're talking about driving and are there any rules or regulations that you'd like to change? Nathan: You know what, Jules, that an interesting question. I'm not sure that I want to change rules but I'd like the police to be str

发表于:2018-12-29 / 阅读(56) / 评论(0) 分类 英语趣味课堂

Wheels Around the World 自行车环球梦 Do you have the courage to pursue your dreams? If you doubt your own abilities, perhaps you can take inspiration from the story of two Taiwanese women who made their wish come true. Like many other young peo

发表于:2019-01-02 / 阅读(36) / 评论(0) 分类 双语有声阅读

We are fascinating new study tonight on taste. It's not hard to figure out why so many of us loathe ogling lovely chocolation. That's easy. But there is new science tonight and when we find some food irresistible and others impossible to swallow; lik

发表于:2019-01-07 / 阅读(38) / 评论(0) 分类 万花筒2011年

Jamal: Have you found a place for us to stay in Chicago? Erin: Im still exploring the options. Instead of a run-of-the-mill chain hotel, I thought we could do something different. Jamal: How different? Erin: I thought we might stay in a cabin near th

发表于:2019-01-08 / 阅读(51) / 评论(0) 分类 地道美语播客

By Melinda Smith Washington, D.C. 28 July 2006 watch Prescription Drug report If you have a teenaged son or daughter, are you talking to them about the dangers of mixing over-the-counter medications with prescription drugs? The World Health Organiza

发表于:2019-01-12 / 阅读(101) / 评论(0) 分类 2006年VOA标准英语(七月)

World Cup Fans Gather Atop Sugarloaf Mountain 甜面包山 - 世界杯球迷不可错过的景点 RIO DE JANEIRO Sugarloaf Mountain is one of the iconic attractions in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil. Offering unparalleled views of the city, thousands of Worl

发表于:2019-01-14 / 阅读(34) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2014年(六月)

But down river the rapids are a bit more energetic, white water rafting is fairly new to India, but the tourist industry is growing rapidly along this beautiful section of the Ganges.That was fantastic. Yeah, really, really, you did it really well an

发表于:2019-01-16 / 阅读(42) / 评论(0) 分类 自然百科2015年

AUDIE CORNISH, HOST: A new novel called Lucky Boy centers around two women and two different pictures of immigration. In one story, an 18-year-old named Soli enters the U.S. from Mexico without papers. In the other, an Indian-American woman named Kav

发表于:2019-01-16 / 阅读(38) / 评论(0) 分类 2017年NPR美国国家公共电台1月

[00:00]G:Hey, hey! Didn't we just pay nine hundred bucks to have this roof fixed? [00:03]N:I swear to god this house is starting to fall apart. [00:06]First the heating went out, and the gas thing broke, and the plumbing froze... [00:10]I don't k

发表于:2019-02-06 / 阅读(28) / 评论(0) 分类 英美人天天都在说的4000句:跟着影视学最真实的口语

Celeste: Im so glad its Friday. Are you doing anything this weekend? Ryan: Im going snowboarding with James. Celeste: Didnt you guys go bungee jumping last weekend? Ryan: Yeah, and we plan to go cave diving in a couple of weeks. Celeste: I didnt know

发表于:2019-02-07 / 阅读(41) / 评论(0) 分类 地道美语播客

台湾籍旅美老师今天交给我们的句子是: About one billion snails are eaten every year around the world. 每年全世界大约有10亿只蜗牛被吃掉

发表于:2019-02-14 / 阅读(33) / 评论(0) 分类 留美老师带你每日说英文

Todd: OK, Sarah, how long have you been in Japan? Sarah: I've been in Japan for two months. I came in April. Todd: Again, when did you come to Japan? Sarah: Two months ago. Todd: OK, and what do you think about Japan? Sarah: It's a very interesting c

发表于:2019-02-24 / 阅读(43) / 评论(0) 分类 英语趣味课堂