Next evening after dinner, the guests and Hindbad sat around Sindbad to hear about his wonderful tale of the third voyage which read. When I returned from my second voyage and settled in Baghdad, I had no intention of leaving Baghdad ever again but t

发表于:2018-11-29 / 阅读(127) / 评论(0) 分类 一千零一夜英文故事

Piracy - the act of robbery from ships at sea - has existed for thousands of years. It was written about by the ancient Greeks and has been written about ever since. As long as some people have moved valuable cargo in ships, other people have wanted

发表于:2018-12-07 / 阅读(40) / 评论(0) 分类 英文杂志-Magazine

consider vt. 考虑;照顾;认为 means n. 手段;方法 transportation n. 运输;运送 board vt. 上(船、飞机等) destination n. 目的地 experience n. vt. 体验;经历;经验 simply adv. 仅仅;只不过;简单地;完全 get away

发表于:2018-12-12 / 阅读(98) / 评论(0) 分类 高中英语词汇

Hindbad was a hardworking but poor porter. He lived in Baghdad and earned his living by carrying various packages to given addresses. All his toil from early morning till late at night earned him just enough to get by. He was very bitter about his co

发表于:2018-12-12 / 阅读(43) / 评论(0) 分类 一千零一夜英文故事

Once a young man from India was flying around the world on a magical horse. He landed on a palace of the Persian Sultan. The Sultan was an adventurous person. So he was always attracted by strange feats. He wondered when he saw a young man on the hor

发表于:2018-12-18 / 阅读(72) / 评论(0) 分类 一千零一夜英文故事

Jana: So, Peter, you mentioned treasure diving. How did you find out about this? Peter: Oh, well, I had this friend and he actually used to work for the government but he was diving just for pleasure at that time but then he met, I think while on a d

发表于:2018-12-25 / 阅读(28) / 评论(0) 分类 原版英语对话1000个

Wheels Around the World Do you have the courage to pursue your dreams?If you doubt your own abilities, perhaps you can take inspiration from the story of two Taiwanese women who made their wish come t

发表于:2018-12-31 / 阅读(32) / 评论(0) 分类 有声英文阅读

Most obvious effect of birth control pill is, well, birth control. But the pill may have subtle effects, too. Like influencing guy which women goes for, in her satisfaction with him, in bed and out. So says study in the Journal Proceeding of Royal Sc

发表于:2019-01-08 / 阅读(47) / 评论(0) 分类 Scientific American(十)月

I've got sunshine on a cloudy day And when it's cold outside I've got the month of May I guess you'll say What can make me feel this way? My girl, I'm talkin' 'bout my girl I've got so much honey the bees envy me I've got a sweeter song than the bird

发表于:2019-01-10 / 阅读(90) / 评论(0) 分类 美国偶像 American Idol

Topics: Movies Pulp Fiction; the Outer Banks; lot versus batch; business ethics; to eat humble pie Words: dark comedy to credit (someone) with (something) to follow hitman disturbing formula barrier islands to stretch colony shipwreck to sink adventu

发表于:2019-01-22 / 阅读(36) / 评论(0) 分类 美语听力 English Cafe

Passage One26. A. They described it as a complete failure. B. They described it as wildly successful. C. They described it as adventurous. D. They described it as highly fortunate. 27. A. A world ban on nuclear weapons. B. Japan's development of nucl

发表于:2019-01-25 / 阅读(112) / 评论(0) 分类 英语四级听力-短对话

Louis stepped back into the water, the boat's lines were cast off, and Louis led the way. 路易斯回到水中时,船的缆绳已经解开了。路易斯忙游到前面导航。 He knew it was his last appearance with the Swan Boat, and he felt a

发表于:2019-01-29 / 阅读(23) / 评论(0) 分类 吹小号的天鹅

CHAPTER 8.The Pulpit. I had not been seated very long ere a man of a certain venerable robustness entered;immediately as the storm pelted door flew back upon admitting him, a quick regardful eyeing of him by all the congregation,sufficiently attested

发表于:2019-01-29 / 阅读(63) / 评论(0) 分类 白鲸记

Australia-based low-cost airline Jetstar Airways is offering an escape and a chance to find love at the same time. 澳大利亚廉价航空公司捷星航空(Jetstar Airways)为乘客提供了一次寻找真爱的机会。 A few days shy of the w

发表于:2019-02-02 / 阅读(37) / 评论(0) 分类 阅读空间

The world of cookies is vast. Chocolate chip cookies alone present a plethora of options, from chips to chunks, crisp to chewy, nutty to gluten free. 世界上有成千上万种类型的曲奇。仅说巧克力豆曲奇这一个品种就已经为人们

发表于:2019-02-09 / 阅读(29) / 评论(0) 分类 阅读空间

Live each day like it could be your last. Drink it in. Be adventurous, be bold, but savor it. It goes fast. 语音讲解 单词发音 live vi.活;居住;生存 each adj.每;各自的 adventurous adj.爱冒险的;大胆的;充满危险的 sa

发表于:2019-02-13 / 阅读(77) / 评论(0) 分类 跟着Gwen学英语之每日早读

As one leading biology text puts it, with perhaps just a tiny hint of discomfort, 正如一篇重要的生物学文章所说,说得也许有点儿令人不大舒服: Researchers agree that such reactions would not have been energetically favorabl

发表于:2019-02-17 / 阅读(39) / 评论(0) 分类 万物简史

It is September. The summer holidays are over. People have gone back to work. The children have gone back to school. And, when we meet people, often they ask us, What sort of summer did you have? Did you go anywhere nice? How do we reply? Perhaps we

发表于:2019-02-19 / 阅读(87) / 评论(0) 分类 听播客学英语

讲解 TODAYs key word is Social Media Social Media 社交媒体 Social media is computer-mediated(电脑媒介) tool that allow people to create, share or exchange information, ideas, and pictures/videos in virtual(虚拟) communities and networ

发表于:2019-02-21 / 阅读(94) / 评论(0) 分类 英语悠选脱口秀

Before the world premiere of Life of Pi at this years New York Film Festival on Sept 28, director Ang Lee joked that his latest film in three years hit the four most notorious vices in the moviemaking process: kids, animals, water and 3-D. 在今年9月

发表于:2019-02-21 / 阅读(44) / 评论(0) 分类 中英双语新闻