On Talking Silence is unnatural to man. He begins life with a cry and ends it in stillness. In the interval he does all he can to make a noise in the world, and there are few things of which he stands in more fear than of the absence of noise. Even h

发表于:2018-11-30 / 阅读(73) / 评论(0) 分类 英语标准美文100篇

26 hearing Are you good at lip reading? It's not that easy, you should try it sometime. Turn off the volume of your television, and try to understand what is being said. If you are watching a slow drama, you can catch more of the dialogue. If you are

发表于:2018-12-26 / 阅读(36) / 评论(0) 分类 时尚英语话题

kingdom n.王国,上帝的统治,领域 例句:The United Kingdom takes in England, Wales, Scotland and NorthernIreland. 联合王国包括英格兰、威尔士、 苏格兰、 北爱尔兰。 empire n.帝国,帝权 例句:The Roman Emp

发表于:2018-12-30 / 阅读(108) / 评论(0) 分类 漫画搞定六级词汇(文本+音频)

Mr. Chairman, ladies and gentlemen, I need not pause to say how very delighted I am to be here tonight, and how very delighted I am to see you expressing your concern about the issues that will be discussed tonight by turning out in such large number

发表于:2018-12-30 / 阅读(71) / 评论(0) 分类 名人演讲

27Jotham was twenty-five years old when he became king, and he reigned in Jerusalem sixteen years. His mother's name was Jerusha daughter of Zadok. 2He did what was right in the eyes of the Lord , just as his father Uzziah had done, but unlike him he

发表于:2018-12-30 / 阅读(54) / 评论(0) 分类 历代志

This is Whats Trending Today. The Twitter hashtag #LetLizSpeak was trending on social media Wednesday. And over 6 million people saw a video from Elizabeth Warren, a member of the United States Senate. She posted her video on Facebook Tuesday night.

发表于:2019-01-02 / 阅读(94) / 评论(0) 分类 2017年VOA慢速英语(二)月

avril lavigne-contagious Uh oh Uh oh When you're around I don't know what to do I do not think that I can wait To go over and to talk to you I do not know what I should say So I walk out in silence That's when I start to realize What you bring to my

发表于:2019-02-06 / 阅读(138) / 评论(0) 分类 Avril Lavigne(艾薇儿)

How transparent is the water! 瞧,画上那水多清澈啊! What life breathes in the animals that quench their thirst at that spring! 在清泉旁饮水的动物生活得多惬意啊! How that steeple shines! How beautiful are those clustering

发表于:2019-02-11 / 阅读(48) / 评论(0) 分类 美国语文第六册

In a book- in a box- in the closet In a line- in a song I once heard In a moment on a front porch late one june In a breath inside a whisper beneath the mooon There it was at the tip of my fingers There it was on the tip of my tounge There you were a

发表于:2019-02-11 / 阅读(48) / 评论(0) 分类 英文最新流行歌曲

For the lost desire, the star of once been higher Light the face of dead worlds, forever in my heart For the lost Elysion Rivers of red run through the land Cover the ruins of once golden past When starlight was strong and I did belong To the almight

发表于:2019-02-11 / 阅读(39) / 评论(0) 分类 英文摇滚歌曲

I just want you here with me 我只想让你在我身边 Breathing the air you breathe 呼吸着你呼吸的空气 Whisper the words you know 想在你耳边让你知道 I'll never let you go 我永远不会让你离开 I won't let you go.. no 不会让

发表于:2019-02-13 / 阅读(38) / 评论(0) 分类 听歌学英语

Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr., in a 1968 speech where he reflects upon the Civil Rights Movement, states, In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies but the silence of our friends. As a teacher, I've internalized this message. Every day,

发表于:2019-02-16 / 阅读(38) / 评论(0) 分类 英语语言学习

This year, Queen Elizabeth celebrates 60 years as Queen of Great Britain and the Commonwealth. Her father, King George VI, died on February 6th 1952. Elizabeth and her husband, Prince Philip, were visiting Kenya at the time, on their way to Canada. T

发表于:2019-02-17 / 阅读(30) / 评论(0) 分类 新西兰英语

In this same New Bedford there stands a Whaleman's Chapel, and few are the moody fishermen, shortly bound for the Indian Ocean or Pacific, 在这个新贝德福地方,有一个捕鲸者的小教堂.就要出发到印度洋或者太平洋去的郁郁不

发表于:2019-02-17 / 阅读(30) / 评论(0) 分类 白鲸记

So I think we said all there is to say 该说的已经说完了 All the words keep bouncing around in my head 那些话不断在脑海回放 Oh I feel so alone 感觉如此孤独 Please just take me home 请带我回家吧 Seems like all the talk it

发表于:2019-02-17 / 阅读(31) / 评论(0) 分类 听歌学英语

This is, this is all new to me To trust, to trust this trusting thing See I'm a book of insecurities The kind a boy puts down and never ever reads Never knew your kind existed I was holding out for superman I make it so complicated You make it so sim

发表于:2019-02-25 / 阅读(88) / 评论(0) 分类 音乐咖啡厅

《金牌特工》超赞原声Get Ready For It!科林?费尔斯主演,该片从某种意义上说,就是一部007版的《窈窕淑女》! Get Ready For It-Take That Get ready for it Get ready for it You said whatever you put out there Whatev

发表于:2019-02-25 / 阅读(89) / 评论(0) 分类 影视英文歌曲

There's a possibility There's a possibility All that I had was all I'm gonna get mmmmmmmmmmmmmm All I wanted is gone with your stare All I wanted is gone with your stare So tell me when you hear my heart stop You're the only one that knows Tell me wh

发表于:2019-03-02 / 阅读(81) / 评论(0) 分类 影视英文歌曲

I was helpless as a suckling babe, 我像是襁褓中嗷嗷待哺的婴儿一般无助, yet still it grieved me to sit forgotten as they cut down my brother's poor grandson, and his son, and even the little children... 可一旦想到自己坐在这里

发表于:2019-03-10 / 阅读(118) / 评论(0) 分类 冰与火之歌系列之《权力的游戏》

On a cab drive home from the dark side Hearing fat lip preach from the far side I was told about her I was told about her As we stopped in front of the red light The rain washed our dead night I was told about her I was told about her She is pure our

发表于:2019-03-11 / 阅读(169) / 评论(0) 分类 音乐咖啡厅