merry a. 高兴的,愉快的 mess n. 凌乱 message n. 消息,音信 messy a. 乱七八糟的 metal n. 金属 a. 金属制成的 method n. 方法,办法 metre (美meter) n. 米,公尺 Mexican a. 墨西哥的 Mexico n. 墨西哥 microcomputer n

发表于:2018-12-13 / 阅读(198) / 评论(0) 分类 2009高考英语大纲词汇

Topic1-University discrimination in job hunting market A former HR manager says in a TV show that big companies only want to and will hire graduates from top tier universities that belong to the prestigious Project 985 caliber. Is only hiring graduat

发表于:2018-12-25 / 阅读(37) / 评论(0) 分类 英语角-圆桌会议

Becoming a Vegetarian/Vegan Ashley: Im thinking of becoming a vegetarian. I think it would be the ethical thing to do. Paul: Are you going to eat eggs and dairy? If youre doing this for ethical reasons, you really should avoid anything made with anim

发表于:2018-12-27 / 阅读(57) / 评论(0) 分类 2015年ESL之餐饮娱乐

Where Does The Brain Process Moral Decisions? 大脑的哪个部分与做道德决策有关呢? Yaeuml;l And Don Try An Experiment 雅艾尔和唐在做实验 Don: Yaeuml;l, suppose theres a trolley thats about to run over five people. Do you flip

发表于:2018-12-28 / 阅读(34) / 评论(0) 分类 初学者听力文摘精选

What about the other side of this contrast? Sexual orientation. 我们接着谈另一个问题:性的取向。 I have a certain sexual orientation. 我有着某种性取向。 What is that? 它是什么呢? I'm attracted to people of a particular

发表于:2018-12-30 / 阅读(33) / 评论(0) 分类 欧美名人演讲

So, what is it really about? We need to look to some of the non-religious, or secular, arguments against homosexuality, and we especially need to do that if we are genuinely committed to living in a society that embraces freedom of religion. 所以,真

发表于:2018-12-30 / 阅读(95) / 评论(0) 分类 欧美名人演讲

And indeed, in the handful of places that the Bible talks about homosexuality, it's almost always in the context of a discussion of idolatry because homosexuality was very much associated with certain pagan practices. 而且事实上,在圣经寥寥几

发表于:2018-12-30 / 阅读(92) / 评论(0) 分类 欧美名人演讲

No, because Diet Coke contains caffeine. 不,你喝它是因为健怡可乐里含有咖啡因。 Caffeine actually functions as a diuretic; it removes fluid from your body. 而咖啡因实际上是一种利尿剂,它的作用反而是让液体流出

发表于:2018-12-30 / 阅读(97) / 评论(0) 分类 欧美名人演讲

What do they mean when they say that it's a choice? 当这些人说同性恋是个选择的时候,他们想表达什么? This is one of those places where the orientation-activity distinction actually comes in handy. 在这种情况下,性取向和

发表于:2018-12-30 / 阅读(92) / 评论(0) 分类 欧美名人演讲

People always laugh when I say Strom Thurmond. You remember Strom Thurmond. Strom Thurmond was the senator from South Carolina. 我一提到斯特罗姆舍尔蒙德这名字观众们就开始笑,你们还记得斯特罗姆这人吧?斯特罗姆舍尔

发表于:2018-12-30 / 阅读(88) / 评论(0) 分类 欧美名人演讲

We are in a very grey area ethically, legally 我们现在处于道德和法律的灰色地带 which I'm okay with... 我个人完全没问题 I just love this painting, don't you? 我很喜欢这幅画,你呢 We are in the same boat now, Zoe. 我们

发表于:2019-01-01 / 阅读(31) / 评论(0) 分类 纸牌屋第一季

我们正面临着一个独一无二的历史时刻,英国首相戈登布朗如是说。我们可以利用当今国际间的彼此关联来进一步发展我们共有的道德理念,携手合作来面对贫穷、安全、气候和经济所带来的

发表于:2019-01-05 / 阅读(57) / 评论(0) 分类 TED公开课:贫穷至进步

新gre作文写作考察考生完成题目过程中是否能够融合批判性思维和分析写作能力,以下是gre考试写作部分issue的优秀写作实例,通过这些优秀范文或是习作,考生可以借鉴里面的短语、句子或思

发表于:2019-01-08 / 阅读(34) / 评论(0) 分类 GRE作文

It was no light act of courage in those days for a little fellow to say his prayers publicly, even at Rugby. 在当时一个小孩子当众祷告需要不小的勇气,在整个拉格比也是这样。 A few years later, when Arnold's manly piety ha

发表于:2019-01-17 / 阅读(40) / 评论(0) 分类 美国语文第四册

The little schoolboys went quietly to their own beds, and began undressing and talking to one another in whispers: 小孩子们悄悄地上了床,开始脱下衣服,说悄悄话; while the elder, amongst whom was Tom, sat chatting about on one

发表于:2019-01-17 / 阅读(37) / 评论(0) 分类 美国语文第四册

A: I'd like to exchange this DVD player. B: Of course. Do you have your receipt? A: Here it is. B: Now, could you tell me why you want a different one? A: It refuses to play my DVDs. B: That's strange. Let me get you a new one. A: All my friends trie

发表于:2019-01-20 / 阅读(40) / 评论(0) 分类 购物英语对话

A: Excuse me. Could you help me with something? B: I'll certainly try. A: I'm looking for a nice sweater. B: What size do you wear in a sweater? A: Medium is my size for shirts and sweaters. B: Here's a medium. What do you think? A: I like it. Where

发表于:2019-01-20 / 阅读(69) / 评论(0) 分类 购物英语对话

A: I'd like to purchase a pan. B: Is there any particular size that you want? A: Well, I cook a lot of big meals. B: What do you think of this one? It's a 16 pan. A: Yes, that's the right size, but it's so heavy. B: Well, look at our aluminum pan. It

发表于:2019-01-20 / 阅读(64) / 评论(0) 分类 购物英语对话

The online shopping sale on Nov 11 has been put in the spotlight with analysts keen to find solid evidence of improving consumer demand that might bolster the slowing economy. 最近,11月11日网购十分火爆。分析师们十分希望能够找出

发表于:2019-02-07 / 阅读(37) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻

Was that they were not like us but as a result of this ongoing communications revolution your worlds really can be neighborhood是同我们完全不一样的生物一样但随着这场通讯革命的推进世界将真的可以变为邻里So that ethi

发表于:2019-02-16 / 阅读(26) / 评论(0) 分类 公众人物毕业演讲