From VOA Learning English, this is IN THE NEWS in Special English. A new American intelligence report this week predicted Asias economic power rising in the coming years. The report says that by the year 2030, the United States will no longer be the

发表于:2019-02-16 / 阅读(29) / 评论(0) 分类 英语语言学习

A new study suggests that dental X-rays may increase the risk of the most common kind of brain tumor. However, experts say the risk of these mostly non-cancerous growths is still very small. The study involved about fourteen hundred patients with bra

发表于:2019-02-16 / 阅读(25) / 评论(0) 分类 英语语言学习

Tender Is the Night - Book Three by F. Scott Fitzgerald Chapter 13 Nicole kept in touch with Dick after her new marriage; there were letters on business matters, and about the children. When she said, as she often did, I loved Dick and I'll never for

发表于:2019-02-16 / 阅读(37) / 评论(0) 分类 有声英语文学名著

The Sun Also Rises by Ernest Hemingway 14 I do not know what time I got to bed. I remember undressing, putting on a bathrobe, and standing out on the balcony. I knew I was quite drunk, and when I came in I put on the light over the head of the bed an

发表于:2019-02-16 / 阅读(46) / 评论(0) 分类 有声英语文学名著

A darting fear - a pomp - a tear - A waking on a morn To find that what one waked for, Inhales the different dawn. Everyday can be a new beginning, even if one may have fear for the unknown future and realizes that the past is but a pomp with a sad t

发表于:2019-02-17 / 阅读(36) / 评论(0) 分类 双语有声阅读

We do not often talk about politics on this podcast, but today is different. Today is a special day. Our Prime Minister, Tony Blair, has been Prime Minister since 1997. But today he will resign. In fact, Tony Blair told us many months ago that he was

发表于:2019-02-19 / 阅读(26) / 评论(0) 分类 听播客学英语

One Girl Changed My Life 一位女孩改变了我的生活 My childhood and adolescence were a joyous outpouring of energy, a ceaseless quest for expression, skill, and experience. School was only a background to the supreme delight of lessons in mus

发表于:2019-02-21 / 阅读(34) / 评论(0) 分类 双语有声阅读

Topic 1-200 Cities Launch Trial Operation of Zero Price Difference of Drugs 200 cities in China have launched a trial operation that reduces drug prices for patients and raises the service charge of medical staff. As a result, some hospitals that use

发表于:2019-02-22 / 阅读(37) / 评论(0) 分类 英语角-圆桌会议

Topic 1-Popular TV Shows Change Names Popular matchmaking show If You Are The One 非诚勿扰, and music talent show The Voice of China 中国好声音, have had to changed their names due to copyright concerns. Topic 2-Summer Training Course After

发表于:2019-02-22 / 阅读(80) / 评论(0) 分类 英语角-圆桌会议

Topic 1-Scarce Students in Rural Schools There is a primary school that only has one student in Wuzhai County of Shanxi Province. It is not a school for the super rich, but rather a rural school in remote areas. In fact, we are seeing more schools li

发表于:2019-02-22 / 阅读(121) / 评论(0) 分类 英语角-圆桌会议

Topic 1-Teen Exempts from Criminal Penalties after Killing 3 Kids A 13-year-old Chinese teenager has been exempted from criminal penalties, after he killed 3 younger kids in his village. Is the law too lenient towards juvenile delinquents who commit

发表于:2019-02-22 / 阅读(43) / 评论(0) 分类 英语角-圆桌会议

Topic 1 - Vocational School Charges Students High Employment Allocation Fees Some vocational school students have complained that their school charged them high employment settlement fees 就业安置费, without helping them find the right type of j

发表于:2019-02-22 / 阅读(32) / 评论(0) 分类 英语角-圆桌会议

Topic 1-Bias against Non-Locals or Violence of Public Opinion A video showing a Beijing subway employee insulting a passenger have gone viral. Her words you smelly Beijing-outsider has enraged some Chinese internet users and started a discussion on p

发表于:2019-02-22 / 阅读(28) / 评论(0) 分类 英语角-圆桌会议

RHINO:Yes,Bolt.I can be a valuable addition to your team. BOLT:Im listening. RHINO:Im lighting quick.I have razor(剃刀) sharp(锋利的) reflexes(反射).Wa!And Im a master of stealth(秘密).Plus,Ill keep the cat in check. BOLT:The

发表于:2019-02-23 / 阅读(34) / 评论(0) 分类 跟着美剧练发音

[Mike and Rachel walk into an office filled with cubicles.] RACHEL: And, finally, this is where you'll live. MIKE: [Enteringhis cubicle, chuckles] Wow. RACHEL: I gave you that for a reason, you haven't taken onenote. MIKE: It's because- RACHEL: Becau

发表于:2019-02-23 / 阅读(35) / 评论(0) 分类 跟着美剧练发音

RUSSELL:Hi,Mr.Fredricksen.Its me,Russell. MR.FREDRICKSEN:What are you doing out here,kid? RUSSELL:I found the snipe and I followed it under your porch.But this snipe (鹬)had a long tail,and looked more like a large mouse.Please let me in. MR.F

发表于:2019-02-23 / 阅读(68) / 评论(0) 分类 跟着美剧练发音

BETADELTA:Oh,here it is.I picked up the birds scent(气味)! Wait a minute,wait a minute.What is this?Chocolate.I smell chocolate.Im getting prunes (李子)and ginger(生姜) cream.Who are they?Oh,man ,the master will not be pleased.Wed

发表于:2019-02-23 / 阅读(39) / 评论(0) 分类 跟着美剧练发音

That guy, looks exactly like the villain /ˈvɪlən/ named El Macho. From about 20 years ago he was ruthless /rulɪs/, he was dangerous and as the name implies, very macho /ˈmɑtʃoʊ/! He had a reputation of pulling a heist /haɪst/, using only his

发表于:2019-02-23 / 阅读(42) / 评论(0) 分类 跟着美剧练发音

Alistair:How classy( ['klɑːsɪ] 优雅). Rehearsals ([rɪ'hɜːs(ə)l]排练)over. Grizzly:Im telling you,Alistair.One of these days ,Im gonna give that diva( ['diːvə]女主角) a piece of my mind(对某人大发雷霆). Alistair:

发表于:2019-02-23 / 阅读(44) / 评论(0) 分类 跟着美剧练发音

A:Megans memorial outside is growing by the minute. B:Ugh.College kids are so dramatic.She was on campus for,like ,one day.She couldnt have made that many friends. A:Caroline,shes dead.You can stop competing with her. B:Sorry,Im in a mood. A:You talk

发表于:2019-02-23 / 阅读(34) / 评论(0) 分类 跟着美剧练发音