Amanda: Hi, Mike. What are you reading? Mike: Oh, these are just some books I picked up at a local poetry festival that took place a couple of weeks ago. Even though a lot of what the featured poets read wasn't in English, it was still neat to see th

发表于:2018-12-03 / 阅读(58) / 评论(0) 分类 初学者听力文摘精选

The interesting most boring man in the world By Chris Rose People often said that Thierry Boyle was the most boring man in the world. Thierry didnt know why people thought he was so boring. Thierry thought he was quite interesting. After all, he coll

发表于:2018-12-07 / 阅读(38) / 评论(0) 分类 原版英文故事与诗歌

Two peas in a podby Chris RoseThey even dressed us the same. My mother said that it was easier for her just to buy two of everything. Sometimes it was the same clothes but in different colours a red top for me, and a yellow one for my sister, for exa

发表于:2018-12-07 / 阅读(64) / 评论(0) 分类 原版英文故事与诗歌

Well, Mr. Smith, if you prefer a different type of nose, we have a large selection available. I think this nose is a bit too small. Small noses are very fashionable this year, Mr. Smith, very fashionable. Do you think it suits me? asked Mr. Smith. I

发表于:2018-12-07 / 阅读(30) / 评论(0) 分类 原版英文故事与诗歌

美剧原声: Bran: I did though. It's true, isn't it... what Maester Luwin says about my legs? I'd rather be dead. Robb: Don't ever say that. Bran: I'd rather be dead. 今天知识点:I'd rather 我宁愿 A: You sure you don't want to try my cuc

发表于:2018-12-28 / 阅读(33) / 评论(0) 分类 每天三分钟学英语

058 The Birth Of Poetry And Art When Adam and Eve were expelled from Eden, there was an incident when the flames of a blazing sword of an angel, who had sent them away, burned a birds' nest. The birds were all burned to death, but a new bird was born

发表于:2018-12-31 / 阅读(195) / 评论(0) 分类 100个儿童英语小故事

ProgressThe city's heat is like a leaden pall Its lowered lamps glow in the midnight air Like mammoth orange-moths that flit and flare Through the dark tapestry of night. The tall Black houses crush the creeping beggars down, Who walk beneath and thi

发表于:2019-01-02 / 阅读(35) / 评论(0) 分类 原版英文故事与诗歌

The Tay Bridge DisasterBeautiful Railway Bridge of the Silv'ry Tay! Alas! I am very sorry to say That ninety lives have been taken away On the last Sabbath day of 1879, Which will be remember'd for a very long time. 'Twas about seven o'clock at night

发表于:2019-01-02 / 阅读(34) / 评论(0) 分类 原版英文故事与诗歌

Address to the HaggisBy Robert Burns (Translation into standard English) Fair is your honest happy face Great chieftain of the pudding race Above them all you take your place Stomach, tripe or guts Well are you worthy of a grace As long as my arm The

发表于:2019-01-02 / 阅读(53) / 评论(0) 分类 原版英文故事与诗歌

Quotes about the United KingdomFirst set of quotes UAE - When young people say about the British that he's unpleasant or old, it is an impression we have from the time when Great Britain was a great power together with Portugal. ITALY - I particularl

发表于:2019-01-02 / 阅读(26) / 评论(0) 分类 原版英文故事与诗歌

The Polar Bear's Dinner by Chris Rose So, Im a polar bear, right? Got that? A polar bear. Not one of those brown bears that live in forests and on mountains. One of those big white ones, you know, surely. Where do I live? On an iceberg of course, not

发表于:2019-01-02 / 阅读(91) / 评论(0) 分类 原版英文故事与诗歌

The interesting most boring man in the world By Chris Rose People often said that Thierry Boyle was the most boring man in the world. Thierry didnt know why people thought he was so boring. Thierry thought he was quite interesting. After all, he coll

发表于:2019-01-02 / 阅读(103) / 评论(0) 分类 原版英文故事与诗歌

Nikos was an ordinary man. Nothing particularly good ever happened to him, nothing particularly bad ever happened to him. He went through life accepting the mixture of good things and bad things that happen to everyone. He never looked for any explan

发表于:2019-01-02 / 阅读(103) / 评论(0) 分类 原版英文故事与诗歌

Poetry is a very beautiful thing. I love reading it. Its very clever. Its like reading a painting. The poet paints beautiful scenes and images with just a few words. I think its amazing how the poet can change our feelings so simply, and can make us

发表于:2019-01-24 / 阅读(50) / 评论(0) 分类 听一分钟英文-P

Amanda: Hi, Mike. What are you reading? Mike: Oh, these are just some books I picked up at a local poetryfestival that took place a couple of weeks ago. Even though a lot of what the featured poets read wasn't in English, it was still neat to see tha

发表于:2019-01-26 / 阅读(42) / 评论(0) 分类 英语听力文摘 English Digest

英语亲情诗歌-On Children(论孩子)(双语) 今天分享一篇关于亲情的英文诗歌。这首诗从做父母的角度出发,讲述了作者纪伯伦对于孩子的看法。纪哈纪伯伦,Kahlil Gibran(1883年1月6日--1931年

发表于:2019-02-21 / 阅读(30) / 评论(0) 分类 卡卡课堂早餐英语

Elephants, Bananas and Aunty Ethel by Chris Rose So, I was walking along the street, on my way to work, as usual, but for some reason I was in a hurry. I wasnt really sure why I was in a hurry. And then I realised that I was holding a banana in my ha

发表于:2019-03-16 / 阅读(331) / 评论(0) 分类 原版英文故事与诗歌

Coming Back Up by Chris Rose So were driving along, a road in the middle of nowhere, a few trees now and then on each side of the road, mountains in the distance, there hasnt been a town for ages and then you see this sign, not really a proper sign a

发表于:2019-03-16 / 阅读(338) / 评论(0) 分类 原版英文故事与诗歌

Read the story April Fool's Day by Pete Humphreys Danny Applewhite was developing into a rather arrogant young man. True, he was among the top five achievers at his school, but he was the only one of them who would regularly remind the other 150 stud

发表于:2019-03-16 / 阅读(278) / 评论(0) 分类 原版英文故事与诗歌

Read the story Alberto's New Neighbours by Chris Rose Alberto took one look at his new neighbours and knew that his life was going to get more difficult. He watched them arrive in their big, noisy car and watched them get out. There they were, two of

发表于:2019-03-16 / 阅读(334) / 评论(0) 分类 原版英文故事与诗歌